Posts by flowerbutterfly

People it's calling it sexism but it's what it is, boy and girl bands are dominated by women so do the maths. kpop and boy/girl bands are about aesthetic and looks more than music like "oh a bunch of people singing and dancing, cool". Attraction and looks, even choreos play a bigger role than the own music so it's normal girls feel more attracted to stan boy groups in a "genre" that is dominated by girls. It's that simple. I'm generalizing so this doesn't apply to every kpop fan but it's obvious it applies to a lot of them even if they don't admit it or they aren't aware. Numbers don't lie.

It's kinda different when it comes to soloists because tho looks play some role, it's the music first so if you stan a soloist is because you really like his/her music. I find interesting outside of kpop women prefer pop or softer genres but when it comes to kpop they don't mind boy groups releasing noise music lol

I'm still waiting for a vlive too, I have no idea why they haven't done one yet. I'm sure we're getting one with the next comeback though (rumour SM will put out an app called naevis for them or all sm groups, I'm not sure).

I'm fine with their youtube content tho, I'd not complain if we get a bit more but I'm not a fan of spamming content, great in the beginning but you end up not watching all of it, there's a middle between starvation and spamming.

What they really need is more exposure to non fans, they got a bit because one of lines went kinda viral but the promotion for a rookie group is lacking (music shows, a bit radio and social media/youtube), i just hope they step up the game with the mini album comeback.

I think the fandom is on the same page with this, aespa needs more interaction with fans and more promotion outside of social media/youtube but maybe they are saving all of that for their album comeback, we'll see.

I'm not so sure that Irene's scandal is considered as that big a thing in SK right now, since it's already been resolved.

The ruckus and drama among Pann/Nate netizens and other sortlike groups about all the so called K-pop scandals isn't really representative for the general public in SK: for example, when SNSD experienced the highest popularity ratings in K-pop ever among common Koreans and the general public, SNSD were non-stop getting torched, trashtalked and burnt down on sites like Pann and Nate, and there were entire antis hordes actively shade crusading SNSD who were proud of being an anti - and multitudes of bandwagoning netizens followed their example.

=> still, despite all those anti SNSD hate campaigns on K-pop/netizen locations like Pann, SNSD's approval and popularity among regular, ordinary Koreans was at All-Time Highs.

Also, let's not forget Taeyong, who had all sorts of toxic bullying/scamming/etc scandals and rumors tagged to him for years, starting even before his debut. Yet this didn't prevent NCT carrying on for all those years and doing well regardless.

Boy groups are different to girl groups tho. Boy groups depend on fandom and usually the fandom will keep supporting the group not matter what unless it's something like april case and I'm not even sure. GP doesn't care much about NCT so scandals are not gonna affect them that much anyway. GG fandoms are smaller and they depend more on GP, if the fandom size is like top or mid tier GGs you can survive without GP help, just you won't be able to be a top gg (with exceptions) so RV were lucky this didn't happen during their first years.

We'll see how RV was affected with their next comeback, tho it also depends on the song and promotion and add the melon reform

SM would be crazy to let Red Velvet comeback right now with Irene in the midst of all these bullying accusations. I say probably the summer time if things have died down. I do still think Irene deserves a second chance but there’s no denying she’s the one that has caused RV to be on an even longer break and honestly she will be the one that brings the group a lot of hate going forward. I see that the opinions of Irene are different for international and Korean fans however, fans have to realize that Red Velvet relies heavily on the Korean public and that’s literally their origin.

They're a 7 years old group, they don't need to worry about GP anymore. They have an established fandom and it seems like they don't care about irene scandal, ifans at least. 1 comeback per year, a bit of touring to keep fans happy while members do solo activities at the same time. Sad that they're gonna end like that, with Irene scandal but better it happens in their 7 year to a scandal happening during their first years.

Not people being hard on OP when the most of kpop fans are as invested in kpop as OP. Kpop industry is different to western industry, companies try fans feel close to idols dropping ton of content and interacting with fans as much as they can and kpop fans fall for it. It's normal to feel disappointed after finding out idols you stan aren't as nice as you thought and you wasted your time stanning them. It's also normal to think, "are all idols the same?" after all bullying accusations to idols lately and I'm sure some fans left kpop after that. But the answer is no, no every idol is a shitty person, stan idols knowing you don't know them.

Personally, from what i've seen i feel like she's the most popular/well known out of all the members. Not just for her visuals but her personality/role as the leader. I do agree that we probably need to wait until the fandoms more established to get a definite ranking. Maybe around aespa's first anniversary.

For me it's hard to rank them because their popularity is very blurred rn but if I'd have to rank them, internationally wise and the gap not being big:

1.Ningning

2.Rest

Right now it looks like Ningning is gonna be one of those idols who will be liked by also non fans.

And I can see Winter and Giselle fighting for that second place in the future. The curious thing is, tho none of them had a big blow up moment yet, each one had a mini blow up moment except Karina. Everyone was hyping winter in the beginning, then people started to hype Ningning but that's happening more gradually and lastly Giselle with her black hair moment. Not sure if karina will have her moment, with international fans at least.

true but for now i think

1. Karina

2. the rest of the members are interchangeable depending on who you ask/where you look

Why do you think karina is nº 1? I don't think she's number one overall. The logical thinking is winter and karina will be the most popular members in Korea but when it comes to the fandom and kpop fans in general things are very different.

I'd say things are way more balanced now than the beginning, Giselle popularity started growing with forever with her black hair and when they started dropping more content where she seems more comfortable. I'd also dare to say Ningning is leading internationally right now but I'd prefer to wait until the fandom is more established. I know people usually thinks visual is the most important but personality is important too and I think Giselle and Ningning can gain a lot of fans as we get to see more of them. There are more of factors but i don't want to make my post too long.

This guy did that and look where he is now lol it was useless

But how is Hyunjoo's attempt Naeun's fault? She might be involved, but we have no idea to which extent.

It's naeun and the rest of members fault, she's the one losing brand deals because she's the popular one but if the same would happen to the others members I'd feel the same.

All of them were involved, they stated it, all of them participated. They said Naeun was the one who stole her sneakers and tumbler and not even said sorry after that.

That makes me sad... She had such a bright future in the industry. This type of shit almost never happens in the west. It seems too harsh to destroy someone's career over what they did when they were too young and still we're not even sure about what exactly happened.

She was 16 years old at that time so not that young. You should already have a bit of common sense with 16/17 years old. Hyunjoo could be dead by now so I can't feel sorry for the group. Her career is ruined but she can still start from zero and prove she's not a shitty person anymore (if she really changed)

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Unless they have some solid proof to prove the brother is lying, it doesn't matter if the company wins or loses, the public will be on hyunjoo side

it’s funny because Pd note aired today and no mentions in relations of the allegations have been mentioned or talked about. And the accuser has gone silent for some reasons recently, weren’t they out there preaching about how Soojin is such a horrible person? Believe the accuser all you want, but staying neutral is the best thing you can do

The bullying episode already aired? Or are there more episodes?

I usually tend to stay neutral in the most of cases until there's something solid but after the last brother post, it's hard to stay neutral. They showed zero empathy with her, how you're gonna try to blame this girl when you know she tried to kill herself and bringing up she missed music broadcasts when she was in the hospital.

I still want to hear all the members story, included Hyunjoo. I doubt it will be different to company statements "you're the one being problematic skipping practices and broadcasts" but still. The company isn't gonna let any of them speak though.