Should I ask this cute guy out? Tips?

• After getting out of my early morning shifts, I would go straight to Target in my work clothes and then after I finish my shopping at Target, I would go stand in line to order something to drink and I would see this cute barista at Starbucks quite a lot. Please note that I've only ever seen two male employees at that starbucks location, but he's the one I've seen the most. Also keep in mind that I'm in my work clothes so I feel quite exhausted and sweaty. After our very first conversation when he took my order, I saw him again a few weeks later or so and he was unintentionally being funny when he took my order and cheered me up after having a shitty morning that day. After leaving the location, I looked at my cup to see what was written on it, and I noticed that there was a smiley face drawn on it along with my name on it of course. That cheered me up and made my day even more.

I don't do this often nor does this happen to me often, so I don't know what I should do. This happened a month ago and I've been trying to figure out what my next move should be, like if I should ask him out or get his phone number. Ever since then, every time I see him I get nervous and scared, so I end up just ordering my drink and talking to him without making my move and then leaving. My last interaction with him was me complimenting him on his tattoo that he had just gotten done on his arm. He told me about his tattoo a little bit and appreciated my compliment. I did wanted to give him my number that day but I was scared so I never did. Is he interested in me? What should I do the next time I see him? Is it too late? I need help. :pleading:

As a girl who has never done this before, this is quite hard.

UPDATE (MAY 18, 2022): Okay guys, I took your advice and wrote my number on a note and gave it to him. Maybe around 30 minutes later or so, he sent me a text!!!!! Omg I was freaking out like crazy. I was so nervous when we were talking when he was taking my order. Then I just decided to just go for it and give him my note, and I did. I still can't believe that I finally did it. We have begun texting each other today. Thanks, guys. I just wanted to share this exciting news! ^^

• After getting out of my early morning shifts, I would go straight to Target in my work clothes and then after I finish my shopping at Target, I would go stand in line to order something to drink and I would see this cute barista at Starbucks quite a lot. Please note that I've only ever seen two male employees at that starbucks location, but he's the one I've seen the most. Also keep in mind that I'm in my work clothes so I feel quite exhausted and sweaty. After our very first conversation when he took my order, I saw him again a few weeks later or so and he was unintentionally being funny when he took my order and cheered me up after having a shitty morning that day. After leaving the location, I looked at my cup to see what was written on it, and I noticed that there was a smiley face drawn on it along with my name on it of course. That cheered me up and made my day even more.

What in the Wattpad :cryingr: That sounds so wholesome.

I think you should ask him out. He seems too sweet to miss out on.

• What in the Wattpad :cryingr: That sounds so wholesome.

I think you should ask him out. He seems too sweet to miss out on.

But how do I do that? I get shy when the other employees are there with him. Like I don't want them to know, lol. He's even got some nice arm muscles.... it is quite muscular ¬‿¬

• Can't tell if he's into you based on what you've written but think you should go for it. He seems sweet and it won't hurt just to ask

I didn't want to write too much, but during our first conversation he asked me how my day was going and I told him that I had just gotten out of work. He asked me where I worked and then I told him. Then for some reason out of nowhere, as I was paying he somehow got distracted and did something that he wasn't supposed to do that surprised him. He had no clue why he did that. I was confused but made a joke that it was because he must have gotten distracted with our conversation which made him do something that he wasn't supposed to do. We just have short conversations here and there when he takes my order, so I'm not able to interact with him as much as I would like.

• good luck with whatever you choose too

I'm too much of a chicken to ever make the first move

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I didn't want to write too much, but during our first conversation he asked me how my day was going and I told him that I had just gotten out of work. He asked me where I worked and then I told him. Then for some reason out of nowhere, as I was paying he somehow got distracted and did something that he wasn't supposed to do that surprised him. He had no clue why he did that. I was confused but made a joke that it was because he must have gotten distracted with our conversation which made him do something that he wasn't supposed to do. We just have short conversations here and there when he takes my order, so I'm not able to interact with him as much as I would like.

Welp it's more than I interact with baristas for sure. He could like you but since it's nothing definite (based on what you're telling) don't be too surprised if it doesn't work out. Hope it does though! :borahae:

• ask him for his number which is a bit more subtle than just asking him out.. he's seems sweet :claps: you won't lose anything if it doesn't work out, if it does then even better, so i'd say go for it <3

out of service

• remember you miss all the shots you don't take

although it might be awkward to ask or even if he rejects you but at least then you have no regrets of wondering what if...

I don't do this often nor does this happen to me often, so I don't know what I should do. This happened a month ago and I've been trying to figure out what my next move should be, like if I should ask him out or get his phone number. Ever since then, every time I see him I get nervous and scared, so I end up just ordering my drink and talking to him without making my move and then leaving. My last interaction with him was me complimenting him on his tattoo that he had just gotten done on his arm. He told me about his tattoo a little bit and appreciated my compliment. I did wanted to give him my number that day but I was scared so I never did. Is he interested in me? What should I do the next time I see him? Is it too late? I need help. :pleading:

As a girl who has never done this before, this is quite hard.

I would get his number first and get to know him more, but then again this advice is from me, and my love life's a mess lol, the guy I like likes someone else so yeah take the advice with caution lol.

But yeah, get to know him more, and see how you feel and decide if you want to ask him out, I wouldn't ask him out now since you probably don't know him that well, but I think you should do the number giving thing and get closer to you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!