RE: Can Irene ever be an it girl again?

• Discuss off anon, weirdo. :farmer-bee:

Anyway... maybe? We're well into fourth generation, though, so I don't see her becoming an it girl in the kpop idol space. Maybe she can become beloved in the acting space or some other path, who knows.

OP

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Not after her scandal…

If it didn’t happen she’d still be at the top, look at rv getting top 3 in charts after 8 years.

I agree with this. Red Velvet is doing well, all things considered, and I'm happy for them. However, people in Korea tend to take these types of scandals very seriously, so with that in mind, it makes sense why they would react to her scandal the way that they did. It definitely impacted her image for the worse, in terms of how the general public perceived her. As for if that was right for the public to do or not, depends on your personal perspective on the issue, which I won't get into.

Also, as was previously brought up, the third generation is going to be ending relatively soon, so we don't know if she'll be able to do enough in that amount of time. She still has time to be seen better, but an IT girl, especially in K-Pop as a whole, may be pushing it. Though selfmate did correctly observe that more people are becoming neutral to her, so there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

I didn't say any of this to be hateful or rude to either Red Velvet or Irene, I just wanted to share my thoughts and how I feel about this. It's not quite impossible, but it will be quite the challenge. I do hope she's able to do it though. Have a great day/night!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!