Is Hyoyeon comeback linked to aespa's comeback? wow

• I mean this looks too good to be true but at the same time it has a lot of points :pepe-slash:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This screams Kwangya so I don't blame MYs for being :pepe-clown-gear: again

ImageImage

• That's a shitty idea if SM did that. Hyoyeon has been with SM all her life, part of THE SNSD, a soloist in own right and now finally getting her album after all these years but it's true then she's being reduced to essentially as a hype man for another group.

Should be Hyo own project same way Taeyeon releases are

• That's a shitty idea if SM did that. Hyoyeon has been with SM all her life, part of THE SNSD, a soloist in own right and now finally getting her album after all these years is being used essentially as a hype man for another group.

That's a shitty idea if SM did that. Hyoyeon has been with SM all her life, part of THE SNSD, a soloist in own right and now finally getting her album after all these years but it's true then she's being reduced to essentially as a hype man for another group.

What's wrong in SM wanting to link the comeback with aespa (their biggest money maker at the moment) ?

SM is a company and of course the best way to promote this comeback is with aespa. Be realistic because Hyo is not Taeyeon, Hyo doesn't have the back up of the GP so trying to approach to more people linking her with Kwangya it's an amazing idea to get this release more known between the GP :pepe-slash: but still we don't know if she's really linked to kwangya or anything it's just fan theories :pepe-popcorn::pepe-popcorn:

• What's wrong in SM wanting to link the comeback with aespa (their biggest money maker at the moment) ?

SM is a company and of course the best way to promote this comeback is with aespa. Be realistic because Hyo is not Taeyeon, Hyo doesn't have the back up of the GP so trying to approach to more people linking her with Kwangya it's an amazing idea to get this release more known between the GP :pepe-slash: but still we don't know if she's really linked to kwangya or anything it's just fan theories :pepe-popcorn::pepe-popcorn:

Because it's lame at best and disrespectful at worst. Like I said Hyoyeon has more than earned her right to shine on her own and here comes SM allegedly shoving her into something that she's not related to.

It doesn't matter if Hyoyeon isn't Taeyeon level, no one expects her to be. She's had multiple previous releases as Hyoyeon/DJ Hyo without having a SNSD connection, itโ€™s all her own distinct style so why the "effort" now into integrating her into another set of lore? She's already unlikely to light up the charts as is so magically expecting her to do so through just a connection to Kwangya is pretty far fetched. Assuming the public will be in interested in the lore is stupid and out of touch. Not even Marvel individual franchises get the boosts off one another simply they're related (eg Thor 1 and 2 weren't blowing away the box office because Iron Man or Avengers smashed previously), they often need significant plot points carry over or have other characters appear.

• That's a shitty idea if SM did that. Hyoyeon has been with SM all her life, part of THE SNSD, a soloist in own right and now finally getting her album after all these years but it's true then she's being reduced to essentially as a hype man for another group.

Taeyeon is also related to Kwangya - through INVU and her lyrics. Hyoyeon just has a darker theme. Even Seulgi's solo peek in Feel The Rhythm seemed to have a Kwangya theme.

Kwangya isn't just for Aespa, it's for all SM artists. They'll just be involved in different ways. It's again like the MCU: I really doubt Hyoyeon's solo is going to be all about Kwangya like Aespa's but it's just the settings. Even NCT had that way before Aespa.

Also I really doubt Hyoyeon's solo is only meant to be hype for Aespa, you're seeing it this way as Mys are primarily posting: it is actually meant to entice SM stans into buying Hyoyeon's album - not just SONEs. That is the point of SM family: more sales = more $$. Now Hyoyeon's album is getting more talk and she'll get more fans.

• Because it's lame at best and disrespectful at worst. Like I said Hyoyeon has more than earned her right to shine on her own and here comes SM allegedly shoving her into something that she's not related to.

It doesn't matter if Hyoyeon isn't Taeyeon level, no one expects her to be. She's had multiple previous releases as Hyoyeon/DJ Hyo without any issue so why the "effort" now? She's unlikely to light up the charts as is so expecting her to do so through just a connection to aespa assuming the public will be in interested in the lore is stupid and out of touch. Not even Marvel individual franchises get the boosts off one another simply they're related (eg Thor 1 and 2 weren't blowing away the box office because Iron Man or Avengers smashed previously).

But it's not just Hyoyeon, all the SM artists got to pick to be involved in some way. Kyuhyun said he CHOSE not to be involved but he had recieved an offer to be involved in Kwangya. Hyoyeon got that choice and probably said yes? Even Boa said she CHOSE to have her comeback snippit/teaser in Black Mamba but again she's a creative director.

Key chose not to be involved in Kwangya at all, his solo was completely different but Taemin through SuperM seemed to be involved even before Aespa debuted.

• Taeyeon is also related to Kwangya - through INVU and her lyrics. Hyoyeon just has a darker theme. Even Seulgi's solo peek in Feel The Rhythm seemed to have a Kwangya theme.

Kwangya isn't just for Aespa, it's for all SM artists. They'll just be involved in different ways. It's again like the MCU: I really doubt Hyoyeon's solo is going to be all about Kwangya like Aespa's but it's just the settings. Even NCT had that way before Aespa.

Also I really doubt Hyoyeon's solo is only meant to be hype for Aespa, you're seeing it this way as Mys are primarily posting: it is actually meant to entice SM stans into buying Hyoyeon's album - not just SONEs. That is the point of SM family: more sales = more $$. Now Hyoyeon's album is getting more talk and she'll get more fans.

I don't know how Taeyeon is related to kwangya outside possibly aesthetics. Her song and imagery are her own based on mythology.

The kwangya interconnectivy = more sales doesn't really work because kwangya is associated with heavily Aespa and it's not like they will support everyone who shares the universe. SM Town fans historically don't even support other groups much even before kwangya existed so why would they now? Would most NCT fan suddenly think to check out Hyoyeon? The reverse?would most Aespa fan check out Exo because of kwangya? No.

There's no pay off for their fave group so why would fans check out other groups because of a bit of story telling. It's not like kwangya helped Boa or Seulgi to get to another level. If Sm Town really worked then why havenโ€™t most groups been selling close to a million since Exo and NCT can reach those numbers so their fans should be helping others.

But it's not just Hyoyeon, all the SM artists got to pick to be involved in some way. Kyuhyun said he CHOSE not to be involved but he had recieved an offer to be involved in Kwangya. Hyoyeon got that choice and probably said yes? Even Boa said she CHOSE to have her comeback snippit/teaser in Black Mamba but again she's a creative director.

Key chose not to be involved in Kwangya at all, his solo was completely different but Taemin through SuperM seemed to be involved even before Aespa debuted.

if it's her choice then I can't argue with that but at the same time like I said my main issue is if SM goes all in and make her an integral part of the kwangya crap instead of a few references here then it's putting their their own ideas front and centre at a time when the main focus should be Hyo herself, it's her first solo album after all.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!