Advice for AP testing?

• I'm taking the human geography test tomorrow and in all honesty, I have not picked up that damn textbook since first semester. My teacher likes to lecture a lot so I've been getting by on quizzes and tests by listening to him during class but I feel like there are going to be some things on the test tomorrow that he hasn't talked about much, and its going to be especially bad if its apart of an FRQ or something :pepe-comfy:

Anyways I'm not expecting anyone to give me advice on material from the course since I'm assuming not many people are taking it here, but I would appreciate any general testing advice or a strategy to solidify my knowledge better given my limited time :pepe-life-support:

• i took APHUG freshmen year. STUDY. that's all i can say. make sure you understand everything through and through.

• I'm taking the human geography test tomorrow and in all honesty, I have not picked up that damn textbook since first semester. My teacher likes to lecture a lot so I've been getting by on quizzes and tests by listening to him during class but I feel like there are going to be some things on the test tomorrow that he hasn't talked about much, and its going to be especially bad if its apart of an FRQ or something :pepe-comfy:

Anyways I'm not expecting anyone to give me advice on material from the course since I'm assuming not many people are taking it here, but I would appreciate any general testing advice or a strategy to solidify my knowledge better given my limited time :pepe-life-support:

when you are that one kid in 8th grade taking AP World History next year while preparing a speech about how the College Board takes advantage of students

• I took AP psych, lang, lit, art and american history

I got a 5 for lang and lit, 4 for apush and psych

You gotta know the keypoints and review. A lot of what I took was written tests and for these I had to know overarching ideas that were often highlighted by the teacher at the beginning of the course. For example, in psych we focused heavily on specific psychologists so I engraved them in my head for the exam

5 and 4s? You def got some college credit and you are smart. Meanwhile me here's me struggling to get my B+ to an A in ELA in less than 22 days while planning to take AP World History next year.

• half of those I got during covid so it made things easier ☠☠ could write 1 essay instead of the regular 4 you'd get on an in person exam

you kids are getting goofed by college board

+ you'll do fine. Don't listen to people telling you it's hard, it's not at all. You just have to focus a little and not be scared of asking for help

I hope I do well, my friends all told me taking all honors and AP world history was gpa suicide.

• I took AP psych, lang, lit, art and american history

I got a 5 for lang and lit, 4 for apush and psych

You gotta know the keypoints and review. A lot of what I took was written tests and for these I had to know overarching ideas that were often highlighted by the teacher at the beginning of the course. For example, in psych we focused heavily on specific psychologists so I engraved them in my head for the exam

Yes, I took the psych test last year and scored a 5 so I'm quite familiar with how the test works. At the time, I was a pretty decent student and actually read and took notes but senioritis along with other things going on in my personal life has really affected my academic motivation this year :sweatr:

I think I will definitely go over some key points from the textbook chapters and practice with some quizlet sets or something to help.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread!

• I hope I do well, my friends all told me taking all honors and AP world history was gpa suicide.

FYI, I'm pretty sure most AP classes have curved grading scales and its especially visible in math classes. I'm currently rocking a 63% in calculus (which is usually considered to be a D-), but because of the grading scale, it counts as a C.

I've taken 5 AP courses in my high school career and of the ones I've taken, it really isn't any different from a normal class. Idk if this applies to other schools but here at least, once the test is over, we only have to attend class once a week or so until the end of the year, so if you're taking multiple AP classes, you can get multiple free hours during most of the week as well ^^

• FYI, I'm pretty sure most AP classes have curved grading scales and its especially visible in math classes. I'm currently rocking a 63% in calculus (which is usually considered to be a D-), but because of the grading scale, it counts as a C.

I've taken 5 AP courses in my high school career and of the ones I've taken, it really isn't any different from a normal class. Idk if this applies to other schools but here at least, once the test is over, we only have to attend class once a week or so until the end of the year, so if you're taking multiple AP classes, you can get multiple free hours during most of the week as well ^^

wow, a d- to a c. I hope I can atleast get an A- or an A. My dad wants me to go to an ivy league school so I desperatedly need that above 4.00 gpa.

• half of those I got during covid so it made things easier ☠☠ could write 1 essay instead of the regular 4 you'd get on an in person exam

you kids are getting goofed by college board

+ you'll do fine. Don't listen to people telling you it's hard, it's not at all. You just have to focus a little and not be scared of asking for help

eternally jealous, but i got through the hardest AP class during covid so :pep-pj-pink:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!