1. Oahu has a total land area of 727 square miles. What percentage of Oahu is Maui knowing that Maui is 1546 km^2 total land area.
1 square mile=2.59 square miles. 1546/2.59=596.9139 727/596.9139=1.2179
2. In a pineapple, assuming it weighs 905g, the grams of sugar typically amount for 10% of its weight. A pineapple cut in chunk fills 4.5 cups. how many grams of sugar there is in one cup of pineapple chunk?
1 cup= 128 x 4.5= 576 576/90.5=6.364
3. A team won 80% of their payoff games, knowing that there were 10 games. In addition, they won 12 out of 15 of their regular season games. What is their total winning percentage?
20/25 x 100=80%
4. Let's assume that after a recent Hurricane, storm shutter production in Hawaii would be increased. If 4,000 storm shutters were sold in 2019, and demand increases by 45% every three years, how many were to be sold in 2022? 2030? 2050?
2022: 4000 x 1.45= 5800 2030: 17683.025 2050: ? I think the formula to get to 2050 is 4000(1 +0.45)t but idk what t is.
5. The price of coffee is increasing by 1 cents per ounce per week as a result of a shortage. If the price if $6.50 per pound today, what will it cost for a 12oz bag in 4 months?
4 months= 17.381 weeks 6.50+17.381=28.881
6. Suppose in one month currency 1 lost 5.3% of its value against currency 2. At this rate, approximately how long will it take for currency 1 to loose half of its value against currency 2?
Thalf= 70/P 70/5.3= 13.2 months
7. In 2000, the population of Littletown was 17,000. Use the given doubling time to predict the population in 2060. Assume a doubling time of 32 years.
new value= initial value x 2t/tdouble (I don't know how to solve this but the answer is 62,400. Could someone show me how they would get that number)