Bighit’s newest promotion technique makes no sense

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Grown men pushing 30 decorating their photocards with stickers

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Promo such as coloring pages for grown men pushing 30’s album release

External Content youtu.be

Young guys being forced to decorate their albums sleeves and phones with stickers as if they’re 11 years old and targeting other children

Look this has been going on for a while now, and I ignored it at first, but what is going on?...what is the vision? Who are they targeting? What do they think these tactics accomplish? Especially among ARMYs, all I see is confusion as to why their promos have regressed to targeting children. Just look at some of the quotes on that coloring page tweet. So many confused ARMYs.

Bighit is clearly in the process of creating that “formula” of theirs that they’ve been preaching about, but all I see is more and more proof that they don’t have a clue what they’re doing. Like I saw someone on Reddit say, bighit don’t know how or why BTS got famous. They got lucky, and now are scrambling to come up with some type of formula to sell to investors.

Honestly idgaf, but this arts and crafts shit has to go. We want to see more studio footage, writing footage, how parts get chosen. Not this bullshit. We are here for MUSIC first, not children’s arts and crafts. That’s how I feel anyway...

• BE: An album made by BTS for ARMY. Tons of participation of members, and this is just continuation of the theme. It's covid, they want to keep releasing bbs and (and to dos) with a lot less content. It's pretty simple.

And where'd you get the idea they're 'forced' to do these? Hobi sat there for 3 hours happily making bracelets, and lately we've had multiple instances of them cheerfully drawing things; the Lunar New Year picture, for MTV Unplugged, for the BE original unboxing, these photocards....

They all put SO much effort into those curated room drawings, even those who don't draw did a great job and thought out what they wanted and drew several versions etc.

You honestly think that BTS hates doing this, where they look relaxed and chill and have fun (I think Yoongi's stood out bc he's alone, he always enjoys these things more when he has members with him) - SO many times recently? Like you said, these grown ass men?

You sound like you're dismissing BTS's hard work and them trying to connect with fans through homemade cuteness that fits their current concept perfectly. We're here for the music which they give us tons and tons of and they can't do lives so they have time to film cute vids of them being crafty.

But If you're patient, Covid will go away and they'll have other things to fill their bangtan bombs and show ARMY :groovins:

• They don’t know what they’re doing. The other group fans can speak for themselves, but they can harm BTS’ image and are making older ARMYs feel out of place. There used to be a good balance and recently it’s not there anymore. I don’t care if stickers are included in the album, but forcing Grammy nominated grown ass BTS to sit and film videos decorating their own photocards with said stickers is absolutely ridiculous.

• this is what @/asongcalling meant about you and your long ass essays

• They don’t know what they’re doing. The other group fans can speak for themselves, but they can harm BTS’ image and are making older ARMYs feel out of place. There used to be a good balance and recently it’s not there anymore. I don’t care if stickers are included in the album, but forcing Grammy nominated grown ass BTS to sit and film videos decorating their own photocards with said stickers is absolutely ridiculous.

.... you know it's global pandemic and SK keeps going through various stages of lockdown, right? And you gotta stop using 'forced', when that's just you projecting.

Is someone forcing you to watch these short free releases that you hate so much? Cough twice if you're being held against your will :peperun:

• Why do we need coloring pages for it to be an album for us? Half of us are 20+ and there’s a large chunk of people in their 30s and 40s. If it was simply a continuation and common sense why are so many older (and many younger) ARMYs in the quotes confused as to why they’re being treated as 7 year olds?

Yes they are forced. Do you think all three bighit affiliated groups all just came up with idea to do that sticker shit? No. They were told to do so, and did so because it’s their jobs, they are in a contract, and get paid to follow it. Hobi might like that shit, but it’s obvious that’s not the case for all the members. Those management led vlives from last year were all ideas by their management and they were told to do it. I remember vividly Taehyung barely doing his assigned task in that one taekook vlive and then proceeded to play a diss song to BANG PD asking for a vacation lmao. MTV unplugged “I didn’t put much thought into” - Jungkook. Taehyung just copied Yoongi and looked bored out of his mind at the end. Why the hell do you think they want to be drawing dumb shit all the time? I’m sure they would enjoy drawing things THEY want to draw.

Stake? It’s like 2% COMBINED. They have ZERO final say in anything that goes on just like they didn’t before, and that stake was GIFTED they didn’t go out of their way to get it lmao. You need to get a clue lmao

Who is dismissing BTS’ hard work? You think it takes them time to put two stickers on a photocard and a random phrase or tell the illustrator to add something to a room that was already 85% drawn? Lmaoooo idc if it’s COVID, there’s other ways bighit can engage people without regressing to children’s content. Regardless I said BIGHIT. You are one of the main people on here who think BTS =\= bighit and you need to have a sit down with yourself on why you can’t separate them.

• .... you know it's global pandemic and SK keeps going through various stages of lockdown, right? And you gotta stop using 'forced', when that's just you projecting.

Is someone forcing you to watch these short free releases that you hate so much? Cough twice if you're being held against your will :peperun:

I don’t watch them at all, I’d rather not waste time watching. Various screen shots and clips come up on my TL and I’m literally subbed to bangtantv.

Projecting? What exactly am I projecting? I need details. Last I checked they were signed to a company and in a contract. They have a job just like me and you, and they do their duties whether they like it or not. Yes that’s being forced. It was not their decision. I assure you if it was up to them they’d be okay home with their fam not decorating photocards. If bighit can’t come up with engaging content that doesn’t involve stickers and art n crafts that none of them want to do besides one or two depending on the day, then it proves my point that they don’t know wtf they’re doing

• This is a LOT of passion for arts and crafts Raiz. And now you're going in on me and saying I need a sit down - am I the one writing rage essays about BTS playing with stickers and doing cute drawings like it's more than a cute thing to give fans that, as you admit, doesn't take them much time at all?

The lack of real-world, business understanding of how BTS and BigHit are tightly bound together is a you problem, and the weird need to pretend like they didn't build each other up in a very mutual relationship is extremely childish and simplistic. Also stinks of Savior complex and pretending fans know better than BTS themselves, those grown ass men. You bet I'm gonna keep pointing it out, because *BTS Themselves Keep Praising their Company and say they are glad they are there*. When that stops and they indicate that's no longer true I'll be ready with my pitchforks. Until then, it's conspiracy and fantasy.

Yeah, Tae played a diss song, and then a few months later he literally told Bang PD he loves him on the phone. Welcome to the complexity of a relationship with a mentor/boss/collaborator of 10 years. It's tinfoil hat time if you think BTS are secretly signaling to us they want to get out, bc.... yeah. That's weird.

Perhaps you need to have a deep think on why you need to paint BTS as powerless puppets and BH as a tyrannical company, thus stripping the Bangtan members themselves of agency.

• bangtan Tv is literally used to show fun sides of the boys...jesus christ and that alr has people's panties in bunch. They just released a cute ass vids.. and proper promotion is MTV unplugged which is released in 2 days... they are also participating in a kshow which will be released soon. also did interviews for dicon and have a jpn interview. these are actual promotions...

• To be completely honest, I really loved the music of the album but I didn't like the way they did the whole rollout and pretty much all the stuff they did with it.

I don't care about this kind of videos, as I didn't care about the video call videos yesterday. I even felt it was weird and unnecessary to make it look like a video call but I guess some people enjoy that so I just ignored it.

I would prefer a video of RM, with other members joining, explaining the making of the songs like they used to do.

• To be completely honest, I really loved the music of the album but I didn't like the way they did the whole rollout and pretty much all the stuff they did with it.

I don't care about this kind of videos, as I didn't care about the video call videos yesterday. I even felt it was weird and unnecessary to make it look like a video call but I guess some people enjoy that so I just ignored it.

I would prefer a video of RM, with other members joining, explaining the making of the songs like they used to do.

I do hope we get a BE Behind eventually!!! Sad we haven't so far. (Maybe it'll be on something like memories of 2020? They've gotta be low on content without concerts - I also wonder if that's where the final version of the ON:E concert will show up)

• pushing 30 when they’re 23, 25, 25, 26, 26, 27, 28

???

and they’ve literally done arts and crafts vlives for fun before this, i’m sure they had no opposition to spending 5 minutes doing even more arts and crafts for their channel where they post little non-music clips such as this one.

you’re trying too hard to drive a narrative that doesn’t exist.

• I do hope we get a BE Behind eventually!!! Sad we haven't so far. (Maybe it'll be on something like memories of 2020? They've gotta be low on content without concerts - I also wonder if that's where the final version of the ON:E concert will show up)

I hope they won't make it into a merch content. There's so much merch already.

It felt more personal having RM doing that vlive a x talking in real time about the album. I loved hearing his thoughts about the songs and how they came to happen.

And now the other members can join and share their thoughts. It would be so nice!

• I hope they won't make it into a merch content. There's so much merch already.

It felt more personal having RM doing that vlive a x talking in real time about the album. I loved hearing his thoughts about the songs and how they came to happen.

And now the other members can join and share their thoughts. It would be so nice!

Agreed ooo I hadn't thought of that, like a true OT7 behind - that would be awesome!!

• If they were targeting kids they’d have BTS on tiktok doing the various viral trends or even active on IG but some of the promo tactics have me scratching my head too.

Since Be was all about member input more behind the scenes of making it like Tae recording and jimins bridge should have been added as part of the promo. We got some yt lives but it was more chat we will do this and this and not the act. I think towards the end JK yt videos showed some Stay recording content but audio muted.

BE marketing strategy could have been better. The boys and album deserved it.

• The weird promo tactics of BTS are their off album roll outs and heavy dependence on the fandom to the point of no real effective label push. This is whatever, fan content meant to appease certain kinds of fans. They'll live. It's just fanservice.

• I don't care about the promotions but I agree with the fact that Big Hit promotional strategies have been really really confusing.

Tbh I never felt they did anything different from other k-pop companies other than getting all the opportunities that came their way (most of them because of ARMYs).

BTS success is all down to BTS, their music & their relationship with ARMYs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!