What was your first paying job?

• 1 summer doing logistics for the libraries all over my school district

mind you I was the laborer, not the manager

but the best was the absolute F*ckery you get to see to cut costs lmaoo

there was this one hydraulic lifter right

but the diesel motor broke and it would cost thousands to replace because it was cast into the item as one piece so it would involve a lot of cutting and rewelding and stress testing to make sure it won't explode

so

so

so

my supervisor came in with a welder, grinder, hammers, nails, two bikes and a buncha lumber and said weld these bikes on that drive shaft there and fix it so its stable, yall's work is canceled today, do this lol. plus you'll earn 350 bucks on top of that as a extraneous work bonus and 50 for hazard pay.

and the shift that day was 3 guys from the engineering club, 2 from the solar car team and my ass with a random fixation for watching yt tutorials and happened to know (in theory) how to weld and shit.

• hold up so your supervisor’s solution was to use bikes instead of getting the motor repaired?! I’d pay to see that hahaha

Did it at least work out in the end?

"Follow, follow my heartbeat"

• hold up so your supervisor’s solution was to use bikes instead of getting the motor repaired?! I’d pay to see that hahaha

Did it at least work out in the end?

Yep! (well because the motor was in the center of the thing and we'd have to use an oxy torch to cut it out)

In the end for the lifter, we'd have a cowbell and we'd ring it for two nearest guys to come around and pedal the thing lmaooo

it worked just like new, but a little slower lmao

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!