Leave Wonyoung Alone

• So, I'm not a frequent follower of Kpop anymore and I'm not up to date with the latest or last rumors/trends/scandals. However, recently I've seen a lot of post criticizing Wonyoung for her behavior or for some things she says.

This bothers me quit a lot. To be frank, it already bothered me that she was in the limelight at the age 14, not even only the limelight but was considered the it girl/center of one the biggest Kpop groups at the time. There are so many celebrities that are well into their thirties or well into their seniority, struggling with fame and the pressure of being a public figure, that I just can't imagine that Wonyoung at the age 14 would handle it better. Honestly, I don't think pd48 or the executives of starships ever gave a damn about her.

Now I see many things that happened to Millie Bobby Brown back in what is happening to Wonyoung. People say that Wonyoung is unaware of how she acts and what she's saying, and I'm here like... "yeah she's 17, at 17 you learn that some things are not supposed to be said or you do things that are supposed to be done". I feel like she's making normal teen mistakes, that she's supposed to make but everything is being broadcasted to the world. It's concerning to be honest. MBB was criticized for being childish or being too much/loud/talkative while she was in mid-teens.

These girls are so young, and I'm really worried for their personal development.

Honestly at the end of the day the only people that truly care about you are you closes friends and your family, not the millions of people on twitter or youtube. If you change because of others, the only persons worthy for that change is the people that care about you.

• kpop fans have become so weird to wonyoung esp after IZ*ONE's disbandment, you can go on TikTok (which is weird to everybody but particularly her, aespa, blackpink, etc) and there are so many hate tiktoks about her calling her "arrogant" or "lazy". even the pann girlies hate her & there have been multiple korean YT videos & comments saying she's shallow and only cares about her appearance with so many likes

tbh i don't remember something like this since like jennie 😭

• It's honestly crazy to think about going through your teenage years with that much public scrutiny. Wonyoung was a kid when she debuted and tbh she is still a kid. Cut her some slack.

And I feel the same way as knetz who worship her beauty and draw attention to her height/legs/face or whatever. That kind of attention isn't good for a young girl either if we're being real. I know for a fact that it could cause some serious self-image issues. But then, this is why I wouldn't let my underage kid be an idol.

• honestly, she's such a strong girl for being able to put up with all of this :(

• I haven't seen any recent posts about her. Can you link to them?

what happen?

Perhaps the posts that I'm referring to are older post of Wonyoung. I'm not a frequent Kpop follower, but recently I've seen people criticizing her mannerism towards seniors... and also calling her a pick me girl (dafuq). You can't say those stuff towards a young girl that is still learning about life. I also have a feeling that they are nitpicking her interactions with others.

• Perhaps the posts that I'm referring to are older post of Wonyoung. I'm not a frequent Kpop follower, but recently I've seen people criticizing her mannerism towards seniors... and also calling her a pick me girl (dafuq). You can't say those stuff towards a young girl that is still learning about life. I also have a feeling that they are nitpicking her interactions with others.

if you're right. damn, people be searching for old mistakes idols did

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!