Calling Pokemon fans!

• With the announcement of gen9 and their adorable starter trio I thought that I'd make a Pokemon thread!

pokemon-gen-9-starters.jpg

Here are some questions to get started-

How do you play?: (casual, shiny hunter, nuzlocker, completionist, etc)

Share your team/s!:

Favorite type:

Favorite Pokemon:

Favorite game:

First shiny:

Your choice of starter in gen 9:

Friend codes on switch/3ds: (Optional!)

As for me-

And if anyone has any questions at all or is looking for anything in particular I may be of help! I'd be happy to breed/hunt Pokemon for people <3

I hope it's ok to post in the lounge since the gaming area is so empty ;(

• How do you play?: casual

Share your team/s!: uhh, I'm not bothered to rn lol

Favorite type: ice, dragon

Favorite Pokemon: Alolan Raichu and Dragonite

Favorite game: Platinum

First shiny: Never got one, don't play that much

Your choice of starter in gen 9: I always get the water starter so...

• How do you play?: The last game I played was ORAS on emulator. I haven't bought any of the new devices. With that being said, I continuously keep up with pokemon because I play on Pokemon Showdown. It's an online competitive pokemon battle simulator where you can fight other people with your own teams. I mostly play Monotype Showdown

Favorite type: Steel

Favorite Pokemon: Lucario

Favorite game: I really really enjoyed Platinum and B/W2

First shiny: I can't remember

Your choice of starter in gen 9: DONALD DUCK

• So you're more competitive! I used to play Showdown before dropping off in gen7 and I really should again sometime

• How do you play?: Casual, because getting perfect EVs & IVs are such a hassle :pepe-life-support:

Share your team: I can't remember my first team, so I'll go with my latest team in BDSP -

1. Gardevoir

2. Togekiss

3. Infernape

4.Manaphy

5. Staraptor

6. Roserade

Favorite type: Psychic

Favorite Pokemon: Gardevoir & Froslass

Favorite game: Heartgold & Platinum

First shiny: Smeargle

Your choice of starter in gen 9: Sprigatito

• How do you play?: Casual (although I am looking into nuzlocking)

Favorite type: Ice/Psychic

Favorite Pokemon: Torchic's whole evolution line (my very first game was Emerald so Torchic, Combusken, and Blaziken will always have a special place in my heart <3)

Favorite game: Emerald and Platinum

First shiny: I don't remember :( It might've been Ralts?

Your choice of starter in gen 9: I wanna say Sprigatito but they're all so cute omg

• So you're more competitive! I used to play Showdown before dropping off in gen7 and I really should again sometime

I might buy a switch. The reason I got sick of the game is not because of the games itself, but because every new pokemon game needs a new device. DS, 3DS, switch. Like when will they stop making us buy stuff

• I might buy a switch. The reason I got sick of the game is not because of the games itself, but because every new pokemon game needs a new device. DS, 3DS, switch. Like when will they stop making us buy stuff

The switch is worth it though imo for just the variety of games on it. My library is massive and still growing <3 but if you do ever buy a switch definitely get the pro controller and save yourself the pain of joycon drift

• quit playing like after gen3/4 lol

I tried to catch 'em all - I did manage to get all 151 original pokemon on pokemon blue

ice?

pikachu

pokemon yellow - with the pikachu following you lol

did gen 1 have shiny pokemon?

I have no idea what they re lol

• How do you play?: 1st run through is casual, and post game is competitive

Share your team/s!: I’ll have to update this later lol, the last team I remember is my PLA team (Loppuny, Basculegion, Luxray, Hisuan Zorua, Togekiss, Hisuan Goodra)

Favorite type: Electric

Favorite Pokemon: Zorua

Favorite game: Pokémon Black

First shiny: My first shiny was shiny boldore. I have such a sad story about my first shiny. While playing black I went down all the way to a cave to catch tynamos and I stumbled across a blue boldore. I caught it, but when I looked at it’s summary I noticed it had PKRS on it. My dumbass thought I had a literal virus in my game so I closed it without saving :pepe-sad: It wasn’t until I told my friends that I realized it was pokerus and you really needed it to EV train your mons:peperain:

Your choice of starter in gen 9: I always forget it’s name but I’m going with the duck, I really like it’s design and it’s little hat!! ^^

"Follow, follow my heartbeat"

• Last time I played Pokemon was on DS as Heart Gold and Soul Silver came out and I have no idea what Pokemon came out after those who were new in 2012 ...

Since I know all Pokemon from before 2013 my faves are just Eneco, Pachirisu and a penguin wich was called "Plinfa" in German aswell as Pikachu and Evoli

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I play casual!

I don't have a permanent team. It's been rotating but right now I'm playing Brilliant Diamond and I have Infernape as my current permie in my rotations.

Favorite type is fire. I have a soft spot for fire pokemon!

Favorite Pokemon to play is Lucario but favorite Pokemon overall is Pikachu~

Favorite game is Diamond! Really loving Brilliant Diamond as the remake!

First shiny was a shiny magikarp lol!

And I love Sprigatito for Gen 9 starter! <3

~ ω

• How do you play?: casual ig? i just like gaem :) (ive only played alpha sapphire, moon, & shield fully. and legend arceus atm)

Share your team/s!: roselia x6

Favorite type: GRASS TYPE OVERLORD

Favorite Pokemon: ROSELIAAAAAAAAAAAA

Favorite game: idgaf what anybody thinks i LOVE shield I LOVE HER. i love her bc i felt so much for the characters in this one and swsh also has the amazing feat of having BEDE in the game so, umm hello, W.

First shiny: wingull ;(

Your choice of starter in gen 9: GRASS CAT GRASS CAT. ive always ended up picking water types as starters, but cats got me on lock down. s/o to incineroar my beloved.

imagewe are the two as oneimage
    tumblr_87c871885fc1b1ac179f7fad3f66c807_97657e41_540_5.gif

• How do you play?: Casual

Share your team/s!:

[Pokemon Shield Team *current team*]

Venusaur

Lanturn

Froslass

Sylveon

Cinderace

Urshifu (Single Strike Style)

Favorite type: Psychic

Favorite Pokemon: Meowstic

Favorite game: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (I didn't buy the remake *I didn't feel like getting it*)

First shiny: Goomy (I never cared for Shiny Pokemon in general)

Your choice of starter in gen 9: Quaxly

• That Boldore story is so sad :waterr::waterr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!