Did you watch the Nintendo Direct? Anything you're hyped for?

• It's here if you haven't seen it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I thought overall it was a good collection of updates and announcements. I was glad to see more information on Advance Wars, Splatoon 3, and Triangle Strategy, which I've already previously decided I plan to buy. The updates for Kirby have moved that one from the "to keep an eye on" to "definitely get" list for me. And I'm interested to see how Live-A-Live, Portal/Portal 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, and Chrono Chross pan out; all of those are new to me (or in XC3's case, the series is), but there's a lot of hype from their fans.

Anything spark for you?

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Go to Best Answer
  • Kirby and Mario kart are most looking forward to. Others are interesting but not stuff I'm really hyped for, maybe I might get them down the line like switch sports or xenoblade chronicles 3. Xenobkade chronicles 2 I borrowed and I couldn't be bothered to after a few hours, so much tutorials and the combat is very basic which I'm told gets better maybe like 20hrs in. That's extremely too long for a game to get good.

• The Mario Kart tracks will be nice, but it effectively signals that there won't be a new Mario Kart until there's a new system which is kind of a bummer. Kirby looks super fun. I'll also probably try that Disney Kart game since it's gonna be free to play.

• The Mario Kart tracks will be nice, but it effectively signals that there won't be a new Mario Kart until there's a new system which is kind of a bummer. Kirby looks super fun. I'll also probably try that Disney Kart game since it's gonna be free to play.

I read somewhere that Nintendo tends to go all in on one Mario Kart per console, which actually looking it up now, seems to be true. I'm not sure what they could do in a Mario Kart 9 considering MK8D is basically perfect. Two more years of a content is nice too, and at least gives us an idea that Nintendo doesn't plan on swapping out consoles any time soon.

I swear the DS/3DS family was one of the best consoles just because I could buy a game and it was still playable for over a decade. None of this upgrade every 2-3 year nonsense.

let's be friends

• Kirby and Mario kart are most looking forward to. Others are interesting but not stuff I'm really hyped for, maybe I might get them down the line like switch sports or xenoblade chronicles 3. Xenobkade chronicles 2 I borrowed and I couldn't be bothered to after a few hours, so much tutorials and the combat is very basic which I'm told gets better maybe like 20hrs in. That's extremely too long for a game to get good.

Agreed! Kirby seems to genuinely be doing something new here, not just "BotW but Kirby."

What's the gist of XC? I always hear good things about it, which is why I feel like I should pay attention this time, lol.

I'm with you on the hours thing. I think a lot more these days not just about how much content is there, but how much content is actually fun to play and how long does it take me to get to that content? I'd rather play a short game that starts and stays fun than a 100 game that takes 20 hours to get to the good stuff.

let's be friends

• Best Answer

Agreed! Kirby seems to genuinely be doing something new here, not just "BotW but Kirby."

What's the gist of XC? I always hear good things about it, which is why I feel like I should pay attention this time, lol.

I'm with you on the hours thing. I think a lot more these days not just about how much content is there, but how much content is actually fun to play and how long does it take me to get to that content? I'd rather play a short game that starts and stays fun than a 100 game that takes 20 hours to get to the good stuff.

Yeah Kirby looks fun. With the recent trailer it looks more like Mario odyssey than Zelda BOTW tbh. So I'm a bit worried that it may the up an easier version of Mario but the gameplay will be fun.

I've played around 10 ish hours of XC2. It's a very anime esque JRPG with an... interesting voice cast (they have very distinct British accents but some sound like there really over emphasing even during mundane scenes). The story from what I saw is your typical thing boy is chosen one to save the world using a special sword that has big tiddy waifu spirits.

Gameplay is real time RPG battles but like I said it's extremely simplistic and mostly have to follow a set pattern with almost every monster (attack, debuff enemy, build up gauge, unleash ultimate, repeat from beginning) so it gets repetitive fast.

However reviewers and those that played the game day the combat and story picks up much much later, as much as 30 hours in. That's too long for a game to get good for me. I've played shorter games that have hooked me from minute 1 and longer games that have paced themselves perfectly like Zelda, I spent literally 10 hours in the starting area alone and had so much fun. I went on play the rest of it for around 200hrs. I gave up on XC2 as a result and I was not bothered to play just to get the to good stuff.

• centen

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • Thanks for the extra information! I think I'll definitely keep XC3 in the "keep a close eye on reviews" category, even if the trailers get more convincing. I'm with you: there are too many good games (and books and shows and...) out there for me to spend 20-30 slogging to get to the "good" part. I bowed out of Monster Hunter Stories 2 for similar reasons.

I am hoping BotW2 can live up to the original! I think I once spent like an hour of IRL time just chasing bugs, but it was so fun because the world is a delight and the game is set up to let you have fun interacting with it.

let's be friends

• Thanks for the extra information! I think I'll definitely keep XC3 in the "keep a close eye on reviews" category, even if the trailers get more convincing. I'm with you: there are too many good games (and books and shows and...) out there for me to spend 20-30 slogging to get to the "good" part. I bowed out of Monster Hunter Stories 2 for similar reasons.

I am hoping BotW2 can live up to the original! I think I once spent like an hour of IRL time just chasing bugs, but it was so fun because the world is a delight and the game is set up to let you have fun interacting with it.

Just to fully Make it known, that stuff about XC2 is just my opinion. You might like the story and gameplay early on, lots of people have and it’s decently well received so don’t let me put you off it if your into it, check out some reviews online. Hell even I might like the the game overall if I could get past the slog because I do think it has its charm.

I think botw2 has one of the easiest paths to being another 10/10 GOAT. The og is already extremely good (and my fave game ever) but some changes and here and there and it be even better. Adding full hour long dungeons like all the previous Zelda would instantly be a huge improvement. Sorting out weapon breaking so either they don’t break or increase durability. Actual proper bosses. Having Zelda herself become a semi or fully playable character. More melodic music. A better story. The list is endless

Having some of those things and BOTW2 would easily make it the best game of all time.

Also heads up, if you live in Europe there’s currently a sale on the eshop going on, you might get some games you leant for cheap

• Fair! It's good to know where you're at and what to expect going into a game. Like I played Octopath Traveler a few months after it released, so I knew going into it that the 8 paths had basically nothing to do with each other, but it may have been disappointing if I didn't realize it up front.

I like your list! I'd be happy even if all they did was add the dungeons back. I liked the little puzzle-y rooms, but they weren't *quite* the same, imo.

Thank you for the heads up! I'll check out if any of my WL items are included. :pepelove1:

let's be friends

• Kirby forgotten adventure & Advance wars reboot camp :omgr:

That kirby game looks like a 3d platformer & I think it’ll be the first legit 3d game in the franchise which is awesome. Past games had 3d graphics, but still played like a 2d platformer. The copy ability upgrades are a nice touch as well

I’ve played advance wars in the past on the DS & I’m really surprised that it got another game (even tho it’s a remake), bc I thought the company (intelligent systems) gave up on the game since the last one that came out was in 2008

• Kirby forgotten adventure & Advance wars reboot camp :omgr:

That kirby game looks like a 3d platformer & I think it’ll be the first legit 3d game in the franchise which is awesome. Past games had 3d graphics, but still played like a 2d platformer. The copy ability upgrades are a nice touch as well

I’ve played advance wars in the past on the DS & I’m really surprised that it got another game (even tho it’s a remake), bc I thought the company (intelligent systems) gave up on the game since the last one that came out was in 2008

Those are my standouts too! I've never played Advance Wars, but I played Wargroove which was apparently heavily inspired by AW, so I'm excited to play the game Wargroove is a homage to.

let's be friends

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!