Texas is damn cold, and power outages (info links included)

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

imagewe are the two as oneimage
    tumblr_87c871885fc1b1ac179f7fad3f66c807_97657e41_540_5.gif

this is what we’re mfn dealing with

• Stay safe fellow Texan :( I’m in one of my work buildings till things level out more.

7 or Nothing Spreading the GOTspel Choi Youngjae

yes. please tell me why these big ass buildings in the city have had electricity CONSITENTLY not ONE outage!!, but literally familys, elderly, and homes with small children havent had power since monday morning.

• BEYBLADE

Changed the title of the thread from “its so dam cold. ITS SO DAMN COLD.” to “ITS SO DAMN COLD. (now:info links included!! x)”.

yes. please tell me why these big ass buildings in the city have had electricity CONSITENTLY not ONE outage!!, but literally familys, elderly, and homes with small children havent had power since monday morning.

seeing downtown light up while everyone around it is black was a huge wake up call on how these rolling blackouts failed.

7 or Nothing Spreading the GOTspel Choi Youngjae

• BEYBLADE

Changed the title of the thread from “ITS SO DAMN COLD. (now:info links included!! x)” to “Texas is damn cold, and power outages (info links included)”.
  • seeing downtown light up while everyone around it is black was a huge wake up call on how these rolling blackouts failed.

honestly!!! it makes me so mad!! so many people out here who are weak to the cold, can have serious health effects because of no power. this is seriously such a huge health hazard but yet theyre priotizing the wrong people for the wrong reasons. ;;;

Aren't those buildings having power generators in case of emergencies? I'm asking since I'm not from Texas or US and I don't know how things work there. I just recall that when I was working at a local mall a few years ago, we had a massive storm (the biggest we had in tens of years) and when the power went down the mall switched to the generators. The shortage affected the mall for only 5-10 minutes as it was the time it took for them to connect the power generators.

• Aren't those buildings having power generators in case of emergencies? I'm asking since I'm not from Texas or US and I don't know how things work there. I just recall that when I was working at a local mall a few years ago, we had a massive storm (the biggest we had in tens of years) and when the power went down the mall switched to the generators. The shortage affected the mall for only 5-10 minutes as it was the time it took for them to connect the power generators.

ill be honest. im not even sure. i know like most stores/work areas most likely do have generators, but im not sure how theyre working/whats the deal with them rn in this weather bc i know the store i work at has a generator that kicks on, but not even that was working. but for sure they’re definitely priotizing certain “normal” (for lack of better terms as in places that arent stores/hospitals/essiential buildings) areas over others. hell, even a few grocery stores keep going out of power ;(

ex: theres these nicer apartments up the street that had power for quite awhile last night and we didnt have anything at all yesterday. sad we thought we were getting our turn soon but nothinggg ;(

• my power finnally turned back on still no water...at least my pipes havent busted yet....i weny almost 72 hrs with no power it was a dreadful experience hopefully my phone can fully charge before power goes back off....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!