SEUNGRI = 1.5 YEARS PRISON (Reduced 50% , ex-BIG BANG member) ; S.K MILITARY Appeals Court Decison ; 2022.01.27

• forum.allkpop.com/thread/?postID=2462864

Note: *Previous* THREAD on this topic already created (URL above).

... Creating my own THREAD as additional to that.

www.allkpop.com/article/2022/01/the-military-court-has-reportedly-reduced-seungris-sentence-to-15-years-in-prison-during-his-final-appeal-trial

The S.K Military Court has reportedly reduced Seungri's sentence to 1.5 years in prison during his final Appeals Trial (S.K Military Court event) ; 2022.01.27

www.allkpop.com/article/2022/01/the-verdict-reducing-seungris-prison-sentence-in-half-brings-shock-and-anger

The verdict reducing Seungri's prison sentence in half

(So , 1.5 YEARS in PRISON , reduced from *3 YEARS* in PRISON)

brings shock and anger ; 2022.01.27

As observation , *YOO IN SUK* (YURI HOLDINGS firm = SEUNGRI Business Partner) will do NO PRISON TIME , via *S.K CIVILIAN COURT* decision.

Here , me , NOT seeing much difference between SEUNGRI and YOO IN SUK

in *their* ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES *together* ... But the level

of PRISON DURATION PUNISHMENT for each of them , surely is VERY DIFFERENT.

I expect that SEUNGRI will *accept* this APPEALS COURT decision ...

And PRISON PUNISHMENT of ONE YEAR remaining at this point ...

Via PRISON TIME *already served* (since 2021.09) by SEUNGRI.

Edited 4 times, last by krell ().

• krell

Changed the title of the thread from “New Thread Content Here Soon” to “SEUNGRI = 1.5 YEARS PRISON (Reduced 50% , ex-BIG BANG member) ; S.K MILITARY Appeals Court Decison ; 2022.01.27”.
  • so final appeal huh?

that's it no more lifelines?

*APPARENTLY* (and *not* sure on this) , SEUNGRI has the *option* to REJECT this APPEALS COURT decision as being FINAL ... And *then* , SEUNGRI *MIGHT* have the *option* to APPEAL his situation (PRISON PUNISHMENT DURATION) to the S.K *SUPREME COURT* = A *CIVILIAN* COURT (which is what YOO IN SUK had it , a *CIVILIAN* CRIMINAL COURT = result as NO PRISON TIME for him) ... BUT , not even sure IF that the S.K SUPREME COURT is *required* to even *consider* an APPEAL from SEUNGRI ... My guess , it is OPTIONAL for the S.K SUPREME COURT ... Someone at the S.K SUPREME COURT level might decide it is NOT WORTHY of consideration (SEUNGRI) ... And so , in that case , SEUNGRI would be LEFT with his *original* 3 YEARS IN PRISON situation ??? ... Because he would have REJECTED the S.K MILITARY APPEALS COURT 'offer' of 1.5 YEARS to END it all (NO MORE APPEALS from SEUNGRI).

This situation with SEUNGRI , has a *definite* feeling of a PREARRANGED DEAL situation ... Which is supposedly illegal in the S.K Legal Sytem ... But I think that *plea deals* get done a LOT in S.K Law System ... If you look at it ... SEUNGRI is now ADMITTING to GUILT about ALL OF IT , and expressing that he is SORRY about it all ... And , in 'exchange' , his PRISON DURATION is now 1.5 YEARS (reduced by 50%) ... My *strong guess* is that SEUNGRI will *accept* the 1.5 YEARS PRISON punishment.

As otherwise possible , the S.K SUPREME COURT could agree to have a SEUNGRI APPEAL event say ONE YEAR from now ??? ... Which , ONE YEAR from now is when SEUNGRI would get released , under this current offer , right ??? ... And then , the S.K SUPREME COURT could decide that they want SEUNGRI in PRISON for *3 YEARS* as it currently was , until this new current APPEALS COURT offer (so to speak) ... So yes , I do expect that SEUNGRI is going to accept this 1.5 YEARS in PRISON ... Meaning again , that SEUNGRI only has *ONE YEAR* to go on it , as he has *already* been in PRISON since 2021.09 of last year.

• *APPARENTLY* (and *not* sure on this) , SEUNGRI has the *option* to REJECT this APPEALS COURT decision as being FINAL ... And *then* , SEUNGRI *MIGHT* have the *option* to APPEAL his situation (PRISON PUNISHMENT DURATION) to the S.K *SUPREME COURT* = A *CIVILIAN* COURT (which is what YOO IN SUK had it , a *CIVILIAN* CRIMINAL COURT = result as NO PRISON TIME for him) ... BUT , not even sure IF that the S.K SUPREME COURT is *required* to even *consider* an APPEAL from SEUNGRI ... My guess , it is OPTIONAL for the S.K SUPREME COURT ... Someone at the S.K SUPREME COURT level might decide it is NOT WORTHY of consideration (SEUNGRI) ... And so , in that case , SEUNGRI would be LEFT with his *original* 3 YEARS IN PRISON situation ... Because he would have REJECTED the S.K MILITARY APPEALS COURT 'offer' of 1.5 YEARS to END it all (NO MORE APPEALS from SEUNGRI).

This situation with SEUNGRI , has a *definite* feeling of a PREARRANGED DEAL situation ... Which is supposedly illegal in the S.K Legal Sytem ... But I think that *plea deals* get done a LOT in S.K Law System ... If you look at it ... SEUNGRI is now ADMITTING to GUILT about ALL OF IT , and expressing that he is SORRY about it all ... And , in 'exchange' , his PRISON DURATION is now 1.5 YEARS (reduced by 50%) ... My *strong guess* is that SEUNGRI will *accept* the 1.5 YEARS PRISON punishment.

As otherwise possible , the S.K SUPREME COURT could agree to have a SEUNGRI APPEAL event say ONE YEAR from now ??? ... Which , ONE YEAR from now is when SEUNGRI would get released , under this current offer , right ??? ... And then , the S.K SUPREME COURT could decide that they want SEUNGRI in PRISON for *3 YEARS* as it currently was , until this new current APPEALS COURT offer (so to speak) ... So yes , I do expect that SEUNGRI is going to accept this 1.5 YEARS in PRISON ... Meaning again , that SEUNGRI only has *ONE YEAR* to go on it , as he has *already* been in PRISON since 2021.09 of last year.

I guess the difference is either appealing the sentence or appealing the verdict...

I guess he chose to appeal the sentence to get it reduced since he's legal team probably thought he wouldn't win appealing his verdict

• I guess the difference is either appealing the sentence or appealing the verdict...

I guess he chose to appeal the sentence to get it reduced since he's legal team probably thought he wouldn't win appealing his verdict

I *suppose* that it is possible that an *S.K SUPREME COURT APPEALS* event could rule that SEUNGRI is COMPLETELY INNOCENT of ALL CHARGES (*not* likely , in my view) ... But keep in mind , SEUNGRI would be in PRISON while he WAITS for the S.K SUPREME COURT event to *finally* take place ... So , again , I suggest that SEUNGRI will *accept* this current 1.5 YEARS in PRISON (as GUILTY , by S.K MILITARY COURT) situation offer , to END it all.

• As to IF that SEUNGRI *actually* feels that he is *guilty* in his situation ... I would argue that it is *open* to question ... After all , the FIRST TRIAL was a TOTAL DISPUTE of CHARGES by SEUNGRI ... NOW , to get a REDUCED time in PRISON by a *significant* amount (1.5 YEARS reduction) , SEUNGRI states that he is after all GUILTY as CHARGED , and SORRY ... Make of it what YOU will ... :wink: :wink:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!