The members who weren't pushed by company but still blew up.

• I love it when a member who's never pushed by the company ends up getting the most spotlight šŸ˜šŸ˜

Approved the thread.
  • hwasa? Especially in their first years I don't think anyone in her company expected her to become this famous and viral.

• hwasa? Especially in their first years I don't think anyone in her company expected her to become this famous and viral.

I don't think the company expected anyone tbh, they just wanted to make good music and the girls did just that IMO. The rest is their skills doing the work.

I honestly also didn't expect her popularity to exploded like that, I just assumed she will one day deserved it because her song's good, but either way I am glad.

• V

They didn't seem to have big plans for him initially. Like, at all.

• I don't think the company expected anyone tbh, they just wanted to make good music and the girls did just that IMO. The rest is their skills doing the work.

I honestly also didn't expect her popularity to exploded like that, I just assumed she will one day deserved it because her song's good, but either way I am glad.

Ya you're right mamamoo wasn't that typical kpop group where some a certain member was pushed more as the face or main member.

• V

They didn't seem to have big plans for him initially. Like, at all.

They knew what they were doing when they added him as a stan attractor of the group but underestimated his skills. He's my favourite bts vocalist, his voice and vibe is really unique and different from kpop stuff.

• Did someone realized how these members you guys mentioned here have a unique vibe to them? They all are stan attractors of their group.

• Look at her now overshadowing her own group

I wouldn't really agree tbh

Each member has their own solo career and is succesful in her own way. Hwasa is def the most famous one. But Solar is succesful with youtube and nowadays she might be even the busiest with all her tv appearances. Wheeins solo career has actually been the most succesful cause she topped melon many times with her unpromoted solo songs and she's doing well with her current release too. She might need some time as she just changed the company to get a hold again. Moonbyul has her radio show and she's popular and well connected within the idol industry.

The group has always been succesful with their songs and they were always one of the most popular ggs among the public. Just at the end of 3rd gen mamamoo has been somewhat less succesful, but it has logical reasons. Everyone's still popular tho, and so is each member

Just wanted to say this lol

• She's definitely more in demand than her group.

• She's definitely more in demand than her group.

There is always a "more in demand" member in every group but that doesn't mean she overshadows them when everyone is succesful :-)

• Lisa, the definition of ruining the company's plans. They ignored her until she blew up thanks to her talent.

• People now consider her the official main rapper of BP.

I don't think that's the case. It's more that Jennie has either stepped back from it or not approved the raps Teddy and Bekuh have been coming up with, and Lisa is too polite to reject too. Last good rap for either of them was Crazy Over You, and last good rap before that was Jennie's in DDDD.

Maybe GD will lend a hand and write stuff for the next release. Least he could do is be the knight in shining armor and free Jennie from the horror of Teddy and Bekuh's mediocre raps.

But in general I agree, no-one expected Lisa to blow up as much as she did. She was even warned by YG that she'd always make less money than the Korean members.

• Hyunjun Hur (ex The Boyz) he was formerly known as Hwall in the group. He didn't blow up on a big scale like the other artists mentioned here but he was the most popular member until his departure even when the company put him in the back (despite being in the dance line and being known for his center qualities and striking stage presence) , gives him no lines, and 3 seconds of screen time. Even though he was an all rounder and had huge star quality the company always kind of just pushed him to the back. I don't know why they didn't capitalize on his popularity, I can only assume he didn't want them to because there's like no other reason.

(if something I said it incorrect, please correct me I started stanning very shortly after he left so I didn't really get to see him in the group as much as more experienced fans. I just know what fans from that time told me)

• I don't think that's the case. It's more that Jennie has either stepped back from it or not approved the raps Teddy and Bekuh have been coming up with, and Lisa is too polite to reject too. Last good rap for either of them was Crazy Over You, and last good rap before that was Jennie's in DDDD.

Maybe GD will lend a hand and write stuff for the next release. Least he could do is be the knight in shining armor and free Jennie from the horror of Teddy and Bekuh's mediocre raps.

But in general I agree, no-one expected Lisa to blow up as much as she did. She was even warned by YG that she'd always make less money than the Korean members.

Thats weird. Why was Lisa warned like that by YG?

• Look at her now overshadowing her own group

For others I would agree that they overshadowed the group, but for MMM I don't think one member overshadowed another. They are all equally holding their ground in their respective fields, however Hawsa does have more schedules due to her being on variety show and it boosted into more opportunities.

Overshadowing is like only 1 member is getting recognition while the rest are nugus, I don't think that's the case for MMM. Wonyoung from Ive, does any one know other members name besides her? Kim Sejong back in Gugudan, Doyeon and Yoo-jung from Weki Meki, now that's overshadowing. It sucks, but as long as one member get more time, the group will *hopefully* become more known.

• For others I would agree that they overshadowed the group, but for MMM I don't think one member overshadowed another. They are all equally holding their ground in their respective fields, however Hawsa does have more schedules due to her being on variety show and it boosted into more opportunities.

Overshadowing is like only 1 member is getting recognition while the rest are nugus, I don't think that's the case for MMM. Wonyoung from Ive, does any one know other members name besides her? Kim Sejong back in Gugudan, Doyeon and Yoo-jung from Weki Meki, now that's overshadowing. It sucks, but as long as one member get more time, the group will *hopefully* become more known.

Are you trying to joke about IVE? Because mentioning them as an example definitely isn't helping your whatever argument.

• Taehyung is the best answer to this , hardly at the front of Bts but manages to be the main topic thanks to his awesome looks

Lisa had promotions especially in her home country in her rookie era, she opened her YouTube channel first displaying dance skills , she did magazine covers, always at the top of screentime and lines in Blackpink comebacks despite being a foreigner , treated as main rapper from day one but Lisa stans really just want to die In victim behaviour everytime

• Thats weird. Why was Lisa warned like that by YG?

She's foreign. It's an employment law in Korea that Koreans must make more in the same position than a foreign worker. But added to that he clearly didn't see all the endorsements that would be coming her way. (And then he did see but ignored until he needed to make money fast, and hey presto there's a new YG's princess in town.)

• I love it when this happens too. I hope it happens to my ult and it doesn't lead to him getting into a scandal caused by antis snooping.

• Taehyung is the best answer to this , hardly at the front of Bts but manages to be the main topic thanks to his awesome looks

Lisa had promotions especially in her home country in her rookie era, she opened her YouTube channel first displaying dance skills , she did magazine covers, always at the top of screentime and lines in Blackpink comebacks despite being a foreigner , treated as main rapper from day one but Lisa stans really just want to die In victim behaviour everytime

Its funny bc you are clearly the one trying to paint your idol as the victim here when this isn't a competition, how silly.

And i love how non fans know more about Lisa than her own fans, sure Jan.

??

Lisa opened a YouTube channel in October 2018, well after BP debuted and after they had already blown up with 2018. Her first solo magazine cover was in 2019. Jennie and RosƩ have the most lines in literally every BP album or EP. Wtf are you on about lol just say you hate lisa and go

• ??

Lisa opened a YouTube channel in October 2018, well after BP debuted and after they had already blown up with 2018. Her first solo magazine cover was in 2019. Jennie and RosƩ have the most lines in literally every BP album or EP. Wtf are you on about lol just say you hate lisa and go

Didnā€™t she do moonshot and had a whole fan meeting in Thailand

All title tracks , her screent time is the always one of the highest , she always has the rap lines in their main title tracks but lizards can continue to be delusional

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• She's foreign. It's an employment law in Korea that Koreans must make more in the same position than a foreign worker. But added to that he clearly didn't see all the endorsements that would be coming her way. (And then he did see but ignored until he needed to make money fast, and hey presto there's a new YG's princess in town.)

This is why. There's no laws like that in korea, if there was it would have been talked about a lot.

• V, Lisa, Hwasa as really well known examples

there are more medium popular groups with unexpected popularity of non-pushed members too but I forgot their names. But Hani maybe in Exid?

• Its funny bc you are clearly the one trying to paint your idol as the victim here when this isn't a competition, how silly.

And i love how non fans know more about Lisa than her own fans, sure Jan.

Which idol did I paint as victim here, Iā€™m confused

• I'm laughing seeing the name people mention in the thread '-'

most of the members people mention blew up thanks to their group popularity, their company didn't have to push them to make them big since their group popularity was enough to make them popular '-'

Some real name who blew up without being push by their company :

Girl's day Hyeri : Her company alway pushed Minah and Yura, but after her aegyo on real men went viral she become really popular and that's the moment the group start to do well

Fiestar Cao Lu : Jei was the only member push because she was popular for her visual, meanwhile their company didn't push Cao Lu because she was a foreigner and no koreans gave a f*** about foreign idols, but when she went on real men, people fell in love with her personality and she start to appear in every variety, and end up becoming the members that the company was pushing

• This thread contains 69 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Donā€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!