Have you seen Sia's movie "Music" or even just its trailer? What do you think about it?

• Personally, I only watched the trailer along with some scenes and I hated it. Sia had no business making a movie about an autistic girl(who's name is Music) and her older half-sister(who's name is Zu) then going on to hire Maddie Ziegler as Music. Maddie did not do a good job of portraying Music, she literally kept blinking eccentrically and making weird facial expressions. I understand people on the spectrum act differently from one another and autistic people don't all share the same experience, but why is she doing that? It isn't a good way to portray autistic people. Also, "She sees the world in a completely different way from us?" They are making it sound so magical, like it's something to marvel at. It's literally just autism. Zu has apparently had 30 days clean off of drugs. Why are they trusting her with a child!? And don't get me started on those music videos. Why did they give Maddie braids and tanner skin for the mvs? Why did Leslie Odom Jr. agree to do this film? We may never know. Here's some quotes from an interview that Sia said: "It (casting Maddie) wasn't ableism. I mean it was ableism, I guess as well. But it's actually nepotism, because I can't do a project without her (Maddie), I don't want to. I wouldn't make art if it didn't include her." It's really weird how this teen has turned into her brand. Why did she make this movie in the first place!? I can't with this scenario. But maybe I'm judging too much without watching it. If you have watched it, tell me what you think.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!