I agree with Gina Carano getting fired but for a different reason.

• Ever heard the old saying "Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house?" Well, let's pretend that The Mandalorian, or rather, Star Wars as a whole, is literally this big house built by George Lucas, purchased by Disney, and Gina Carano all of a sudden starts throwing rocks inside.

Luckily, nothing breaks, maybe a few scratches. Lucasfilm let her off with a warning. Regardless of how people feel about throwing rocks, clearly a metaphor for free speech.

Lucasfilm has asked her to keep her rock throwing outside the house. Well, she ends up throwing rocks inside the house again, and this time something breaks.

It's not about how many rocks she threw, how big the rocks were or the techniques she used to throw said rocks. It's the fact that she threw the rocks when she was asked not to. Gina Carano did something that MANY people in her industry would have loved to do:

She dodged getting canceled the first time her comments came up and still had a job working on a legendary franchise like Star Wars. She should have considered herself very lucky but she couldn't leave it alone and keep posting things after she had reportedly apologized to the folks at Lucasfilm.

To me, it's not about the free speech. In fact what she said doesn't even bother me. What bothers me is that I can promise you that someone at Lucasfilm told her to shut the fuck up, keep your mouth shut and just be grateful that you still got this Star Wars gig but Gina couldn't leave well enough alone.

Not only did she make all the higher ups at Lucasfilm look like total idiots but she proved she's unreliable. After getting a huge second chance, with all the drama surrounding the Star Wars series right now and the current political climate in the US, Jon Faverau and Dave Feloni went to bat for Gina and she let them down.

This fiasco has the potential to have huge repercussions for how they approach Star Wars from here on out but that's a whole other discussion. That's why she deserved to be fired in my book. Thoughts?

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

Edited once, last by cherry-boy ().

• Even ignoring her messed up tweets she's a total fucking moron.

You're in one of the biggest franchises ever, you're likely to have a larger career with possible lead role in future projects, your bosses had your back the first time you screwed up, you're getting paid a ton. All you have to do is not say any offensive shit, that's all. Nothing else is needed from you

Couldn't manage that

• she seems pretty insensitive, how is she gonna compare being Jewish during the holocaust to being republican...

But I agree. All companies have policies regarding its employees public behavior, she obviously ignored her first warning.

✿ just a crumb of something please I'm begging ✿ ♡ ♚

I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
    in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

• Even ignoring her messed up tweets she's a total fucking moron.

You're in one of the biggest franchises ever, you're likely to have a larger career with possible lead role in future projects, your bosses had your back the first time you screwed up, you're getting paid a ton. All you have to do is not say any offensive shit, that's all. Nothing else is needed from you

Couldn't manage that

Exactly.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• Too many hits in the head during her time in MMA?

I mean she got a solid gig at Disney. She could have bounced between Star Wars and Marvel. Was it even worth it? I mean if I have all this batshit insane things in my head, I would reign that crazy in and I would bury it so deep and just STFU. There's no way any sane person would think a movie produced by Ben Shapiro is not a downgrade.

Funny thing is, now some of the people that was first accusing her character as a Mary Sue is now supporting her "matyrdom" lmao

• Too many hits in the head during her time in MMA?

I mean she got a solid gig at Disney. She could have bounced between Star Wars and Marvel. Was it even worth it? I mean if I have all this batshit insane things in my head, I would reign that crazy in and I would bury it so deep and just STFU. There's no way any sane person would think a movie produced by Ben Shapiro is not a downgrade.

Funny thing is, now some of the people that was first accusing her character as a Mary Sue is now supporting her "matyrdom" lmao

yeah, she's dumb AF.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!