Reliving an era pt. 1: "Press It" by Taemin

• ~feel free to shoot me a DM and recommend other eras I should do next!~

Welcome to part 1 of "Vi relives older k-pop because it reminds her of better times!" Reliving An Era!

The purpose of this series is to not only revisit old eras but to help people discover new older music.

Enjoy!

Taemin- Press It

R-8161212-1475896245-7494.jpeg.jpg

Release date: February 23, 2016

Tracklist (links included):

1. Drip Drop

2. Press Your Number

3. Soldier

4. Already (벌써)

5. Guess Who

6. One by One

7. Mystery Lover

8. Sexuality (Rearranged Version)

9. Until Today (오늘까지만)

10. Hypnosis (최면)

Teasers:

taemin-press-it.jpg1ef7d85f4dffb45a422aa0a1df5bd35b--kpop-store-shinee.jpg

Album versions:

taemin_press_it.jpg

Music videos:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Performance videos:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The best b-sides:

Album scans:

My take:

Do I feel like this album was critically underrated because it was a February release? Yes.

Should it have gotten more attention? Also yes.

This was Taemin's first album, which is pretty huge! I adore the rugged tan, pale blue of the photobook contrasting with the black and red colors of the teasers. I remember being a *bit* iffy about his hair in some of the photos (someone here has to know what I'm talking about) but they turned out so well! Taemin definitely went 0-100 on the mature scale when it came to both the aesthetic and the musical aspect of this album. I remember when it first came out, people were going crazy over the "I'm feeling freaky" part in "Press Your Number".

Adding onto that, Bruno Mars truly did do an amazing thing with "Press Your Number" and I'm so glad that it ended up into Taemin's hands! Also some of you may not know this, but the song "Already" was written and composed by Jonghyun! Another fun fact, "Hypnosis" was originally supposed to be on his first mini album, "Ace", but he saved it for this album! "Drip Drop" was so well done too, he somehow managed to make the song sound like water without explicitly using water sounds (which is pretty talented imo), and I ADORED the performance MV when it came out too- the dance skills + the desert-esque aesthetic combined with the cerulean blue? *Chef's kiss*

I linked my fave b-sides above but I want to quickly explain ~why~ they're my faves. "Guess Who" is so fucking original, I honest to god have never heard a single song like it- between the beat and the murder-y intro, it's just so perfect to me. "Guess Who" was actually the song that inspired this thread! "One by One" has these amazing guitar riffs (so catchy) and it sounds like something Red Velvet could've done! Speaking of Red Velvet, "Mystery Love" is a song that also definitely reminds me of them, the spooky Melanie Martinez-esque music box tune and the mysterious lyrics really make it so unique! Finally, there's "Sexuality". Taemin is the first SM artist with a song title like that, so congrats to him! In all seriousness though, that song is groundbreaking and that metallic/dance-heavy sound is executed flawlessly- the song is HOT.

Speaking of "Sexuality" (and I know I've complained about this before), I WANT THE REGULAR VERSION BACK! After the album was released, a new "Rearranged version" got put on all streaming platforms and the original was gone! It's a shame for sure and I need to ask...

Please lmk your thoughts + if you discovered a song you like!

- Vi :borahae:

Edited 4 times, last by FeLiNa ().

• my best friend LTMs_Sammi would be all over this thread in a heart beat

it took us MONTHS to find the album with the cover of him kissing himself Version D

hours of looking everywhere she finally got one. While i'm not a huge stan of SHINee (i casually listen), I do like a lot of Taemin's music. he's extremely talented.

Off this album i like

Soldier, Press Your Number and Sexuality.

• his older works are rare and OOP

i was just helping Violanah try to find some for a reasonable price!

and yeah the kissing version (Version C) is so expensive LMAO like LOOK AT THIS

SHINee TAEMIN Solo Album PRESS IT NEW SEALED RARE Free Shipping | eBay
    SHINee Taemin "PRESS IT" New unopened! Press Your Number. Depends on custom in your country. 최면 Hypnosis.
    www.ebay.com

[SEALED] SHINee TAEMIN PRESS IT Solo Album Factory Sealed | eBay
    We handle genuine products from Japan.
    www.ebay.com

• The Cover for Version C i think were the easiest to find.

we happened to find it on Japan Mercari. If I remember correctly.

Alot of Taemin's older items are so expensive and rare and hard to find. But i swear this bitch, I mean bestie, of mine has almost everything. she's nuts lol and she's so busy working 'cause she works for delivering Amazon packages that she hasn't been around so i can talk shit and she can't do nothing about it....yet lol i'm just kidding though

we also mostly find the repackaged one over the others.

https://neokyo.com/en/search-results?keyword=Taemin+Press+It&provider=mercari&spid=

unfortunately the way we have to buy 3rd party for japan items is buyee or neokyo and if they put items in a "lot" and you have to choose what you want it never goes through. So like i found the album right now and you can pick it and a photocard but because we can't just immediately buy it, we can't get it lol

https://neokyo.com/en/product/mercari/m87553899025

this one you could though

https://neokyo.com/en/product/mercari/m24661882133

i have spent probably $1000 on this damn website

and still have more....i mean i can buy an unopened album for like less than $5 even with the fees it's cheaper than u.s.

• that's interesting! i've never seen neokyo before!

and yeah i'm a collector too, we tend to be nuts LMAO

• that's interesting! i've never seen neokyo before!

and yeah i'm a collector too, we tend to be nuts LMAO

lol I mean i collect sf9, up10tion and ateez. and she only collects, well she collects MOSTLY taemin and some shinee.. But i mean right now people are getting the new up10tion album and listing shit and i'm jumping all over it like my life is dependent on it, i recently spent like $400 and had a ton of things come to me and here i go again lol

Sammi also made a wishlist but everthing on this list when i so searching for it, is either hella pricey or can't be found like this girl..

Sammi's Taemin WishList

• lol I mean i collect sf9, up10tion and ateez. and she only collects, well she collects MOSTLY taemin and some shinee.. But i mean right now people are getting the new up10tion album and listing shit and i'm jumping all over it like my life is dependent on it, i recently spent like $400 and had a ton of things come to me and here i go again lol

Sammi also made a wishlist but everthing on this list when i so searching for it, is either hella pricey or can't be found like this girl..

Sammi's Taemin WishList

i spent 1k on a taylor swift vinyl, yes, ONE VINYL and my collection still isn't done :clown:

i'm gonna comb through her wishlist bc i'm hella curious now.

if you ever need help finding any albums in particular, lmk!

• i spent 1k on a taylor swift vinyl, yes, ONE VINYL and my collection still isn't done :clown:

i'm gonna comb through her wishlist bc i'm hella curious now.

if you ever need help finding any albums in particular, lmk!

My last box was 22lbs and it cost me $122 to ship and that was about 42 different lots of items and i got so much stuff in omg. I really recommend checking here if you can't find things anywhere else. Buyee is more expensive than Neokyo, and Neokyo so far has been reliable everything has arrived well packaged, no damages. etc.

the only problem is the wait. The wait for everything you buy to get to their warehouse.

I definitely will let you know. So far I'm personally good my collection, well i'm sitting here going wtf can i get rid of since i'm spending somuch money and then i sob 'cause i don't wanna get rid of anything...the life of a multi lol

• This is good to know! Thank you!

• Thanks for this post

Press it is so underrated among Taemin's discography

The whole era should be in people's mind everyday

External Content www.youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!