The whole Djokovic controversy for me

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What's up? Can someone fill me in?

Basically he's not vaccinated and the tennis association and the city where it's being held gave him a pass to come and play in a tournament, but when he got there he was denied entry to the country because he didn't meet entry requirements for unvaccinated travellers and suspended his entry visa and sent him to a hotel.

• Basically he's not vaccinated and the tennis association and the city where it's being held gave him a pass to come and play in a tournament, but when he got there he was denied entry to the country because he didn't meet entry requirements for unvaccinated travellers and suspended his entry visa and sent him to a hotel.

To add he suddenly had a test result which alludes that he had a covid infection in December which makes no sense since he met up with people without wearing any masks in the time frame of the quarantine. People think that the test result is most likely wrong since he could have said that he recovered from Covid when he entered Australia which he didn‘t. This whole controversy is sketchy af and so unfair towards every Australian citizen that couldn’t travel or enter their own country for months

• To add he suddenly had a test result which alludes that he had a covid infection in December which makes no sense since he met up with people without wearing any masks in the time frame of the quarantine. People think that the test result is most likely wrong since he could have said that he recovered from Covid when he entered Australia which he didn‘t. This whole controversy is sketchy af and so unfair towards every Australian citizen that couldn’t travel or enter their own country for months

Oh wow I thought I saw something yesterday about him suddenly having some document. You are so right about it being unfair. I hate that rich people and celebrities are getting passes when people are being blocked from seeing their families and going home.

• If he really had covid and met with people, he is the biggest douchebag ever and he should lay fines and get bashed for this immense stupidity.

But at the same time, I felt that the Australian government embarrassed themselves and it was politics not health safety that led to this mess.

• I'm not a tennis fan, but I am from Australia and even though he won the case, I still think he should be deported. Our Govt does have egg on its face over this but they have a habit of fouling things up anyway. I don't want to say anymore about it.

• i'm vaccinated, got two shots. having said that;

I just hope that the Australian government kicks him out since he is a known anti-vaxxer

he's not an anti-vaxxer, he's anti covid vaccine and that's not the same. not everyone is pro covid vaccine including doctors. my parents and i are vaccinated, my sis isn't. my best friend isn't too, and she doesn't plan to. they are both left leaning politics wise.

this mess wouldn't have happened if he hadn't gotten exemption by tennis australia and victorian state health authority. and then when he got there, because apparently the state and federal government couldn't have discussed his case prior to his landing in australia, the federal government decided to cancel his visa. but it had to happen, it was clear from the start that this was a political and not health and safety issue.

he's not an anti-vaxxer, he's anti covid vaccine and that's not the same. not everyone is pro covid vaccine including doctors. my parents and i are vaccinated, my sis isn't. my best friend isn't too, and she doesn't plan to. they are both left leaning politics wise.

this mess wouldn't have happened if he hadn't gotten exemption by tennis australia and victorian state health authority. and then when he got there, because apparently the state and federal government couldn't have discussed his case prior to his landing in australia, the federal government decided to cancel his visa. but it had to happen, it was clear from the start that this was a political and not health and safety issue.

He is anti vaxx and has said a lot more stupid stuff besides those against modern science

What has Novak Djokovic actually said about vaccines?
    The tennis ace had his visa cancelled in a row over jab exemption. But what's he said about vaccines?
    www.bbc.com

Also what is speaking against the Covid19 vaccines speaking from a medical point of view?

I also see the government in Australia at fault but I also see his behavior quite telling when we are currently living in times where solidarity and understanding is very important. Let’s also not act as if big sports cooperations won’t do the most for their behind the scenes sponsorships and games.

• He is anti vaxx and has said a lot more stupid stuff besides those against modern science

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-59897918

Also what is speaking against the Covid19 vaccines speaking from a medical point of view?

I also see the government in Australia at fault but I also see his behavior quite telling when we are currently living in times where solidarity and understanding is very important. Let’s also not act as if big sports cooperations won’t do the most for their behind the scenes sponsorships and games.

But isn't that freedom of speech? To say what he believes and wants for himself?

To be honest, I was a little shocked that he was portrayed as the number one public enemy and he was everything evil. Such extremes are scary to me.

Everything else aside, if he really tested positive on the 16th and knew it, and hung around with people on 17th including children (which there are photos of), like Pikachu-Senpai said about someone else, he's a really douche canoe and that's super disappointing.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• But isn't that freedom of speech? To say what he believes and wants for himself?

To be honest, I was a little shocked that he was portrayed as the number one public enemy and he was everything evil. Such extremes are scary to me.

As he is allowed to say his things, we are also allowed to criticize these things. Also, he purposely either endangered other people by not going into quarantine or he lied, falsified official documents. Both are criminal activities in my country, so yes, people can be angry when there are several people who couldn’t enter their own country (even relatives of mine had this problem) and then you have someone who blatantly spreads misinformation (which is not an opinion) and gets a special treatment due to him

being rich and a public person. People wouldn’t care that much if his relatives are not trying to paint him as jesus (quite literally)

• This situation must be very serious for Djiokavic and the Aussie and Serbian governments, so why am I laughing my ass off?

It’s just so ridiculous like i didn’t even care that much but after that weird ass (probably fake) test result and his family press conference this feels like a comedy

• He is anti vaxx and has said a lot more stupid stuff besides those against modern science

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-59897918

see? this is about politics and his stance on vaccines, not him breaking the rules to enter australia.

he was granted permission and exemption to enter australia, but after he got there he wasn't. that's the issue here, or it should be.

as for predrag kon, him being mentioned here is hilarious. instead of quitting he's giving advice. it's miracle that a bit over 50% is vaccinated here, the way that he and colleagues handled the situation was a joke, nobody is taking them seriously.

to continue with the political aspect. here only russian (sputnik v), chinese (sinopharm) and pfizer are available. people are forced to choose pfizer if they need/want to travel to the western countries because they don't recognize the other two. 13 countries recognize the chinese vaccine but only if you got pfizer booster, 9 countries recognize sputnik but denmark is the only western country on the list.

since we're talking about AO; russian tennis player had to withdraw because she's vaccinated with the russian vaccine and australia doesn't recognize it.

russian and chinese, you see the pattern.

• Everything else aside, if he really tested positive on the 16th and knew it, and hung around with people on 17th including children (which there are photos of), like Pikachu-Senpai said about someone else, he's a really douche canoe and that's super disappointing.

i cannot comment on that because i don't know if it's true, but if it is then i agree.

• idk about the other stuff, but his exemption was granted by the state of Victoria I think, which means the Australian government still could deny it if they wanted.

honestly the whole thing is his fault, because if he'd just shut up about it nobody probably would have looked so closely. But no, he had to brag that he was getting in unvaccinated, which led to Australian population getting mad - because they have been facing hard restrictions, long quarantines etc and then this asshole gets in despite not being vaccinated and doesn't even have to quarantine? So because the public opinion was mad, they checked his documents more and found those inconsistencies that have been discussed.

He's just a ginormous douchebag. And you only need to listen to his dad to know why - no, your son not being allowed to play a tennis match potentially is NOT the same as what Jesus and Spartacus faced. Like, at all.

• He's just a ginormous douchebag. And you only need to listen to his dad to know why - no, your son not being allowed to play a tennis match potentially is NOT the same as what Jesus and Spartacus faced. Like, at all.

his dad is trash, that's not news, that's a known fact

idk about the other stuff, but his exemption was granted by the state of Victoria I think, which means the Australian government still could deny it if they wanted.

and this shouldn't have happened. it was victoria's state job to discuss the issue with the federal government and not let this happen. he got permission to participate in the tournament, ofc he or anyone would think that matter is resolved. they detained him and took all of his personal belongings, even his phone, like he was a criminal. it's ridiculous.

honestly the whole thing is his fault, because if he'd just shut up about it nobody probably would have looked so closely. But no, he had to brag that he was getting in unvaccinated, which led to Australian population getting mad - because they have been facing hard restrictions, long quarantines etc and then this asshole gets in despite not being vaccinated and doesn't even have to quarantine? So because the public opinion was mad, they checked his documents more and found those inconsistencies that have been discussed.

how is it his fault? it's known that he doesn't want to get vaccinated and has said multiple times that he won't participate in tournaments where being vaccinated is required.

he asked for an exemption and he got it. instead of being angry at him be angry at people/victoria state who granted him an exemption and told him he doesn't need to quarantine.

• He literally followed all the rules in place and then the government treated him like a criminal to try and appease the public. He should get vaccinated IMO, but they literally approved him and then did a U turn.

Plus, it's pretty obvious why it is mostly Federer and Nadal fans who are still calling for him to get deported..

• eh, he's played coy about his status before. Why the fuck would he upon arrival immediately tweet something akin to SEE nobody needs to be vaccinated you can do whatever you want either way, yay. When Australia hasn't let anybody unvaccinated in or out in however long and even vaccinated Australians have to quarantine and go through all kinds of lengths to travel. And Tennis Australia can give him all the permissions they want, his documents weren't entirely in order and that's why they detained him. Technically the border police there can just refuse you entry for looking at them wrong. Australia is extremely strict.

if he doesn't want to get vaccinated he can just stay home and play tournaments in Europe.

it's 2022 I have no patience for rich people getting special treatment everywhere and crying about it if something doesn't work out for them. And that goes for Australia too, they can't expect their population to go along with severe restrictions and then bend over backwards for the rich and popular who don't follow any rules.

• He literally followed all the rules in place and then the government treated him like a criminal to try and appease the public. He should get vaccinated IMO, but they literally approved him and then did a U turn.

Plus, it's pretty obvious why it is mostly Federer and Nadal fans who are still calling for him to get deported..

How did he follow the rules when it might be that he even gave wrong information on his entry form?

Also the last phrase: Most of the people who are angry are Australians who couldn’t enter due to strong regulations and suddenly an unvaccinated rich guy can enter and people who like me are done with rich people (especially in sports) getting special treatment. Low and behold the only time I played and watched Tennis was on my Wii when I was a kid. I wouldn’t even say anything if it wasn’t for the behavior of his family and himself.

uhhh technically it was the tennis org and victoria state who “approved” him. The national government had to intervene because no one is allowed to enter in the country without being vaccinated.

In what world is a tennis org allowed to make calls about national health issues….

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• uhhh technically it was the tennis org and victoria state who “approved” him. The national government had to intervene because no one is allowed to enter in the country without being vaccinated.

In what world is a tennis org allowed to make calls about national health issues….

Reminds me of those big football games when the pandemic peaked and suddenly it was okay to have mass events but everything else had to be closed. People should realize how much power and powerplay is behind those sport events. It is not just one game of sports, it’s a lot of revenue for the people behind the scenes

• eh, he's played coy about his status before. Why the fuck would he upon arrival immediately tweet something akin to SEE nobody needs to be vaccinated you can do whatever you want either way, yay. When Australia hasn't let anybody unvaccinated in or out in however long and even vaccinated Australians have to quarantine and go through all kinds of lengths to travel. And Tennis Australia can give him all the permissions they want, his documents weren't entirely in order and that's why they detained him. Technically the border police there can just refuse you entry for looking at them wrong. Australia is extremely strict.

if he doesn't want to get vaccinated he can just stay home and play tournaments in Europe.

it's 2022 I have no patience for rich people getting special treatment everywhere and crying about it if something doesn't work out for them. And that goes for Australia too, they can't expect their population to go along with severe restrictions and then bend over backwards for the rich and popular who don't follow any rules.

read your post again and you'll see that everything you have a problem with is victoria state's doing.

what part of he asked for an exception and he got it isn't clear?

he'd stay in europe and play tournaments whenever vaccination isn't a requirement but he got an exemption and he flew to australia.

• Okay, now you are starting to derail the thread but the russian and chinese vaccines are getting approved or do not fit the standards for approval. He is an antivax so I don’t get how you turn it into a discussion about the vaccines. Did you know that there are several states who do not allow vaccinations with different vaccines including the ones that are approved? So explain that with you China/Russia approach

• I just hope that the Australian government kicks him out since he is a known anti-vaxxer

Let's not generalise people who are specifically against the covid vaccine as an anti vaxxers, if i had the chance to choose i wouldn't have taken it either even tho im pro vaccine. Being forced to get this vaccine shouldn't even be allowed in the first place.

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!