I think the Universe app is secretly cryptocoin ‘mining’

• The fact it loads so slowly and slowdowns on something as simple as text makes it seem like there’s something going on in the background that’s using a lot of processing power. this is on the latest iphone

Who is the company behind Universe? Kakao, Naver, CJ, HYBE?

• if the app's backend has a lot of "processing power", doesn't that mean it should run faster & smoother?

it should run much faster on new phones with more powerful chips like iphone

I was scrolling through idol text messages and it was freezing for a few seconds. That shit didn’t even happen in the 80s for basic ass text

• It's just a shitty app.

in design, okay

But in performance there has to be deliberate causes for its slowdown. So either make it slow on purpose (pointless, illogical) or it’s doing something else in secret (crypto mining?)

• it should run much faster on new phones with more powerful chips like iphone

I was scrolling through idol text messages and it was freezing for a few seconds. That shit didn’t even happen in the 80s for basic ass text

But I still don't see why this has anything do with cryptocurrency or blockchain. Usually a switch to a new framework or tech stack has such issues.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• But I still don't see why this has anything do with cryptocurrency or blockchain. Usually a switch to a new framework or tech stack has such issues.

Seems very unlikely, I have over 100 apps from China, Korea, the west on my phone and none have any slow loading or stuttering issues like the Universe app

i can't confirm, but it seems suspicious to me

• Seems very unlikely, I have over 100 apps from China, Korea, the west on my phone and none have any slow loading or stuttering issues like the Universe app

i can't confirm, but it seems suspicious to me

if it's really that slow, then it means they have shitty developers

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• if it's really that slow, then it means they have shitty developers

a shitty developer wouldn't have an app that works. it functions, it's just slow and it continues being slow despite having time to improve on that. which means it's like that for a more specific reason.

But my theory is making sense. The parent company which owns the Universe app got into crypto and is starting their own cryptocoin. wouldn't be that farfetched if they are actually mining their own coins with their own app but "borrowing" the user's device processing

South Korean gaming studio NCSoft stock price spikes 30% amid plans to launch NFT games in 2022
    After losing close to $4 billion in market value, South Korean gaming studio NCSoft is launching NFT games in 2022.
    www.theblockcrypto.com

• I didn't know that was possible or even allowed :woow:

It's been a problem for years, and there's been measures to prevent it. But if their developer is really smart they could theoretically achieve it, especially if its their own app, so no need to "hack"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hmm, so the assumption is while the app is doing super long loading it is sapping your device's computing power for mining crypto?

Interesting, haven't heard of that and not sure what would happen if it is exposed as true.

• It always seemed to be bloated to me.

The little I had it it struck me as having an incredibly high amount of overhead.

I never checked the actual system stats to be sure, but it just appeared to be "too much" for what it was ostensibly doing.

I figured it was simply poorly developed. But theoretically it's also possible it was doing more behind the scenes.

Don't know. I got rid of it pretty quickly as I didn't want that type of app on my phone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!