Is normal the interest for Kpop decrease over time?

• Is happening to me. Besides the comebacks and performances i feel everything else around is kinda boring. I dont like must of the content my faves do, is not bad but is not for me. Im not the fan who get excited for every achievement they get, i mean, is nice and im happy for them but thats it (Tbh, sometimes gets ridiculous, the most likes for a pic, or the most reading article :clown: ) And besides the music other groups release, i dont care about them. So, someone here experience the same?

• sometimes you lose interest in stuff ig

if there is a peak there has to be a through.

• Of course. Your hobbies and interests will grow and shrink over time. It happens. Sometimes it's life related and sometimes it's because you find yourself leaning toward something new. If you aren't feeling it, don't force it. :lovec:

• ofc it's normal

for me it comes and goes.... I'm not nearly into kpop as I used to be 5 years ago but these days I follow it more as I'm active on this forum ....I had quite a long period when I barely followed it and that lasted more than 1 year ....next time it may last forever :dancer: but I'm sure even then I'd still come back to it when feeling nostalgic though

the worst thing, you can do, is force yourself into listening or watching the content of your faves...you may become super bored with them or even dislike the content you would otherwise liked, if you were in the mood

• Kpop fan time scale.

Stage 1 Newbie- Discovery.

You obsessively listen to alot of kpop songs and groups. Chose multiple groups as favorites and watch as much variety shows/clips as you can. Have multiple bias.

Stage 2 fan - Ultimate Bias-

you settle on one group and 1 or 2 idols to be your ultimate bias. You listen to other groups songs here and there but you mainly only follow your Bias group in detail.

Stage 3- Veteran.

you mainly only care about your bias group comebacks. But still comment on the scandals or controversies. Causally listen to new kpop songs and groups but will never stan a new group.

Stage 4. Casual fan .

You only check in to kpop now and then. dont really bother with variety shows. stop caring about new groups or their songs. Keep listening to old kpop songs. Your bias group is probably on long hiatus or disbanded/focusing on solo projects. The time spent on kpop is regarding any controversy.

Stage 5- Ghost.

You rarely check in with Kpop. But when you do you never interact on forums. Just a lurker. Still has that old kpop song in your playlist.

• Of course it's natural, no one is going to stay in K pop forever - it's not realistic. I've been a fan for eleven years coming up this year and my interest has waned slightly but then again I'm also quite old for it too so that's understandable. There's nothing wrong with having a declining interest in it and swap for something a little more "mature" and age appropriate.

• i've gone through phases where i lost interest! last time it was a year or two where i mostly just followed what twice was releasing music wise but i stopped listening to kpop as much and didn't really see what anyone else was doing. i stopped watching anything else other than twice mvs too.

i think it's normal for your interest in stuff to ebb and flow.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• absolutelyy

i used to be super invested in my faves and make everything about them but looking back at it now, not only was it cringe but i really just lost interest in showing my love for them in that way.

you'll still catch my faves being my faves in small ways, but other than that, i no longer have any interest in them to the extent i did back then.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!