Why the sudden interest in kpop from India?

• Tbh by kpop I really only mean BP & BTS..

So yeah anyways 2 years ago India didn't really used to give kpop any sort of attention especially for BP but now they've broken into top 3 for both acts.

As far as I know bp has never acknowledged those locations but India is currently #2 on BP channel on youtube charts this weelk & could potentially dethrone Indonesia which is wild lol

Is there growth potential in India?

Indians are hardcore streamers with their 1B+ population...

Can BP & BTS hold concerts over there?

• i wouldnt say kpop

ever since dynamite a lot of people are aware of bts's existance and have discovered their music

i have a lot of newly army converted classmates

but india doesnt really have any interest in kpop tbh

yg needs to focus on japan

bp has a lot of potential over there

• quarantine and lockdown

We had lockdown for almost a year and we have easy access to net cause of jio networks

Indians also follow what is popular on the west or in america

With kpop growing their indians are also following

They are not mainstream but just popular among internet users.

Dynamite was played during ipl matches and that song really gained traction.

Regarding concerts - BTS definitely can do it in cricket staduims.

Bp can also do I guess I am really not sure about blink as a fandom.

Indians are not used to concert culture so you need a fanbase who are willing to pay.

• I will tell you as an Indian what happened, sometime last year this BWL edit to an Indian Bollywood song went viral. Like so viral that it was on whatsapp chats and made it to Indian news. Thereon interest in BTS exploded. Then Dynamite happened and India being an English soeaking country for a large part found their interest in BTS burgeon even further. Top Indian celebs started posting about stanning BTS.

So BTS opened a new market for KPop in India mid last year and the rest as they say is history. All other Kpop groups always benefit whenever BTS opens up a new market and so the impact is visible. BTS did an interview for NDTV in India and now other groups are also following it up too.

• BTS went viral there last year thanks to the Chunari chunari edit

Groups are just reaping out some benefits now.

Study material for people who still doubt how all this process work.

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• India is not the same as SEA. There is no place for kpop in India. Anyway, indians are cheap so it's not a good market to focus on but groups can squeeze out some free yt views or spotify streams.

• BTS now geta regular coverage on Indian news

This is when the edit went viral, it was all over regional local news too

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

After this BTS' YT views in India rose ginormously.

In 1 month the edit did this

• India is not the same as SEA. There is no place for kpop in India. Anyway, indians are cheap so it's not a good market to focus on but groups can squeeze out some free yt views or spotify streams.

Lol the way you talk like Limca about India. Hmmm interesting.

• So BtS pAveD tHe wAy... Is that it? Lmaooo

Japan has little interest in BP & YG has no interest in expanding their existing fandom over there

I believe YG should actually set their sights on Latin America, BP have massive untapped potential over there

• Ahh so chasing western success really does open doors lol

I'm sure bts has a more active fanbase over there

• I will tell you as an Indian what happened, sometime last year this BWL edit to an Indian Bollywood song went viral. Like so viral that it was on whatsapp chats and made it to Indian news. Thereon interest in BTS exploded. Then Dynamite happened and India being an English soeaking country for a large part found their interest in BTS burgeon even further. Top Indian celebs started posting about stanning BTS.

So BTS opened a new market for KPop in India mid last year and the rest as they say is history. All other Kpop groups always benefit whenever BTS opens up a new market and so the impact is visible. BTS did an interview for NDTV in India and now other groups are also following it up too.

You forgot one thing : "BtS pAveD tHe wAy "

LMAOOOO armys

• So BtS pAveD tHe wAy... Is that it? Lmaooo

Japan has little interest in BP & YG has no interest in expanding their existing fandom over there

I believe YG should actually set their sights on Latin America, BP have massive untapped potential over ther

well yes :oops:

bts is getting bigger day by day in india although i heavily doubt they can get mainstream

promoting in japan wont hurt anyone

reason why bgs like svt sell so well is because theyre big in korea japan and china

blackpink already sell huge amount of albums imagine if their japanese fandom got bigger

agree with latin america i have a feeling ygs gonna promote over there this year

Who is chasing tho??? There are tons of groups who were chasing western success yet no where known here.

Indians do follow the trend in West but that's not the only one.

• An Indian user here

and this reply is perfect for this post. Plus someone also mentioned about Chunari Chunari edit which went viral.

Maybe some credits to memers or trollers even if they mentioned BTS in negative light but they surely helped audience to know about their name.

u seem to be salty , there's no need to

bp's doing well for kpop standards in india and the biggest group after bts

theyre having huge growth in other markets like china and the korean fandom is also getting bigger

yg needs to focus over there

• BP did nothing but witnessed the same level of growth?

Hmmm

• Not only YT

you can see the growth easily after that on many platforms. Also on spotify

Black Swan debuted with 126k streams on Spotify India during its release. At this time that was the highest for a kpop act i think.

The edit when viral in around May to early june. BTS than released a JPN single in June, and take into account, JPN tracks by korean artists never normally do numbers outside of Japan...

Stay Gold (JPN single) debuted with 145k streams on Spotify India.....

that shows how much growth that edit had for BTS, where their JPN single that had no intended success outside of Japan, managed to OUTSTREAM their last korean comeback......

And Dynamite happened and debuted with 549k streams & LGO with 562k

and

Did any indian hurt you or what???

We are not cheap. we have different entertainment activities and not just kpop. obviously kpop has no place cause we have like 28 main languages and each language had their own industry.

Concerts will work in india if you are famous and merch sells a lot here.

• I would say India's interest in K-pop spiked even before "Dynamite." I watched a YouTube video a while back about this. This video came out in 2019.

External Content www.youtube.com

India is a lucrative market for streams so that's cool

• It's too late for Japan promo

Latin America is the way forward for bp ✔️

• This thread contains 190 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!