IU is the most digitally dominant artist in SK history

• As long as she doesn't kick her habit of writing her own lyrics she won't be relevant in the overseas too much

That would be diluting her brand as a Poet-idol.

I haven't recovered from hearing "King Kong.. ding dong" from the singers of Spring Day.

I hope IU doesn't make that sort of compromise for international fame.

She can get that by other ways, dramas and movies.

• That would be diluting her brand as a Poet-idol.

I haven't recovered from hearing "King Kong.. ding dong" from the singers of Spring Day.

I hope IU doesn't make that sort of compromise for international fame.

She can get that by other ways, dramas and movies.

Actually it does seem she has foreign ambitions after all

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(translation available from Korean captions)

That guy is an English lecturer (i.e. those who run lectures, both online and offline, and charge an arm and a leg) who appears to be kinda famous.

He says IU came to see him to train her so she would be ready to do a concert in English.

Which means all-English songs, translating to English lyrics. So after the Covid thing largely ends we will see how her English lyrics will sound like to the i-fans.

• IU speaks in mainly English for her hong kong, manila, and singapore concerts. there is still a good chance she may do a north american tour in the future.

• IU speaks in mainly English for her hong kong, manila, and singapore concerts. there is still a good chance she may do a north american tour in the future.

It appears if the Covid thing didn't hit she would have done a world tour in late 2020 - early 2021 after she did the concert at the Chamshil Olympic Main Stadium.

• It appears if the Covid thing didn't hit she would have done a world tour in late 2020 - early 2021 after she did the concert at the Chamshil Olympic Main Stadium.

If she is learning English, then she wouldn't be/ shouldn't be writing lyrics.

But if Broker gets accolades and Dream by association with Park Seo Joon and Marvel, is a hit, she might have the opening to try something in the West.

Might be her Celine Dion-Titanic moment.

Her English training might simply be for promotional purposes than song writing.

Don't get overzealous.

• I love it when women succeed. Her continued success inspires me. I also love how so many fans respect her, because she is Truly a rare talent who write, produces, sings, and acts.

Like she dominates in singing and acting and cfs etc!!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!