having an issue spending money

• saving is nice but it's so boring

i used to spend money on things i enjoy like k-pop albums but

these days i wonder "what's the point since we're all gonna die?"

we're all gonna die, why would i buy anything or collect anything?

yes i know i'm being nuts and worrying about something that'll come in 80 or so years but still

• it's not really fun.

my constant fear of death and aging is causing my life to be so unsettling, i really cannot sleep sometimes

• Maybe this can be a counterpoint: if you're under a fear of aging and death, wouldn't you want to buy things now that make you currently happy?

The money in the bank doesn't do you any good if you die. So I'd rather be surrounded by things that make me happy and that enrich my life instead.

It may sound silly, but looking at my collection of albums and photocards when I wake up is my favorite thing to do to start my day. Puts me in a good mood right away and I carry that throughout my day.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I don't spend money on anything either. Money does not make me happy, to be honest. I invest everything so I can make my future family happy or if I never have one, I can retire before I reach 50

• I have such bad anxiety and I’m in the same boat you’re in. There’s a bunch of albums I want to buy but I worry about spending the money. Even when I know I’ll be fine, I just worry over everything.

The fear of death or something bad happening to me bothers me a lot too. Not just me dying but my loved ones too. Just existing causes me anxiety tbh. Some days I wish I could just hurry up and die so I know what it’s like.

I actually got these cards for Christmas and I was actually just reading some of them because I was feeling down. They’re really cute. It’s called Therapets. They have uplifting affirmations on them with cute animal artwork on them.

• I have such bad anxiety and I’m in the same boat you’re in. There’s a bunch of albums I want to buy but I worry about spending the money. Even when I know I’ll be fine, I just worry over everything.

The fear of death or something bad happening to me bothers me a lot too. Not just me dying but my loved ones too. Just existing causes me anxiety tbh. Some days I wish I could just hurry up and die so I know what it’s like.

I actually got these cards for Christmas and I was actually just reading some of them because I was feeling down. They’re really cute. It’s called Therapets. They have uplifting affirmations on them with cute animal artwork on them.

i really relate to this. it's a constant physical pain at this point. i hate it so much. definitely looking up Therapets!

• i really relate to this. it's a constant physical pain at this point. i hate it so much. definitely looking up Therapets!

This is what some of the cards look like. The artwork reminds me of the sort of stuff I would see back when I would go to comic cons. Before covid happened.

(Sorry for the glare)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!