Songs that initially got hated and then after the success got love and viceversa?

• People often talk about success stans but that doesn’t only applies to artist but also with songs and it happens A LOT within the music industry.

From hate to love:

A recent example is Next Level by Aespa with the non conventional structure of the song the first response of kpop stans were bad, many calling it a bad version of “I got a boy’ by SNSD, after it became a big hit in SK they gave a “chance” and like it.

MONEY by Lisa is another one that got tons of trash because of the lyrics even here that is not as toxic as other kpop communities but after it blew up no one seems to care about lyrics anymore and just enjoy the damn song as it should be from day one.

From love to hate:

This one is harder because it basically plays the factor of a song either being overplayed or just “terrorizing” the charts for so long in some stans standards. Outside kpop songs like Despacito and Closer are big examples.

In kpop I find hard to give examples so help me with that one, I have some in mind but I don’t know if they were initially loved.

• Well i'm just glad that i'm an intellectual in music

When everybody was shitting on NL , i was already praising NL for being such an addictive and interesting song. And when everybody was saying it'll flop, i was already sure that it was going to be a success and we ended with the biggest 4th gen song

and When Lisa made her solo debut, i was one of the few who were saying that Money had a bigger potential as title track than Lalisa and everybody criticize me, telling me that Money was generic and basic, and Lalisa was more upbeat and had a better replay value

and look now which song between lalisa and money have the better replay value and become the biggest :P

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• source: trust me bro

• i feel like people got sick of DNA after a while?

personally i still like the song but ive heard quite a few people say that they've heard it soo much haha

• i feel like people got sick of DNA after a while?

personally i still like the song but ive heard quite a few people say that they've heard it soo much haha

DNA and IDOL are two songs people have mixed feelings about, but I could care less. I jam to them regardless.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited once, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• Eleven - Ive is a recent case, till now I don't like it too much. Asap is another case that doesn't changed my opinion. And Dalla Dalla, I warmed to Dalla Dalla after some years, and now I like it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Eleven - Ive is a recent case, till now I don't like it too much. Asap is another case that doesn't changed my opinion. And Dalla Dalla, I warmed to Dalla Dalla after some years, and now I like it.

Eleven is a super recent example, even from the teaser many were already hating the song 🥴

Now that is killing on SK charts is getting praise.

• Still have fever dreams over how much flack it got after release, and now it's been used to discredit BTS their newer music.

'I wish they'd go back to making songs like bwl', 'bwl was their last good song'

Blablabla

She only got hate because she's successful.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• idk I know there were people who hated Next Level, but I remember a lot of support for the song as well. Probably more love for Next Level in the beginning than Savage.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!