Ok ok ... Vocal colour and good techniche can coexist within a person!!! I just wanted to throw shade!!!

• Yesterday I had a tantrum, ok?

I wanted to throw shade to a certain someone who is labeled as an amazing vocalist with good techniche and amazing "tone". This person is always put on a plinth , but my subjective taste finds that her tone sometimes is forgettable or annoying ,even though sometimes is really beautiful and magic ( yeah, not gonna lie) so I made the thread with some anger. Put on a plinth someone who deserves like my queen Swan from CRAXY, y'all (ok, gonna calm down)!!!

Anyway... My good heart doesn't like to be a bully and I didn't mention that person cuz I know that if I hurt others I'm hurting my panda ass. :'p

And yesss, i know that a good techniche helps you to have a healthy voice long-term!!! Having the instrument healthy is vital. I know that as a probably "future singer" hopefully...

Here some of my favorite k-pop singers(cuz I'm better at praising than being a bad guy) with good techniche and great vocal colours.

[15/12 6:43 a. m.] Rob😁:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[15/12 6:44 a. m.] Rob😁:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[15/12 6:46 a. m.] Rob😁:

• Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? B, i even supported you in that thread :cryingr:

Thankkk youuu . :'3

Still I said things that are true.

Vocal colour helps more to connect with people and their hearts! Techniche might surprise them but not necessarily connect .

Anyway... Both concepts can exist within certain individuals and i feel that the thread made things look kinda white and black, even though I mentioned Wendy as someone who can have both.

I still love vocal colour over techniche, but I have to be "responsible" and recognize that bad techniche can lead to certain problems... But, well ... There's Shakira with bad techniche and 20+ years of career and I start to doubt about everything kkkk.

• Well, i have no idea of who you were talking about so i just participated on the subject more than trying to think if it's about my faves or not and i obviously understood you weren't praising bad technique. Anyways heeeey i like Shakira kkkkk

• I don't know a single vocalist with an amazing technique who has a boring voice so I will never understand this "boring even though technically great" statement some fans make.... If you are singing correctly you will sound good and that's that.. ofc personal preferences can be different for a voice but there is no objectivity in that statement and just reflects individual tastes

• Well, i have no idea of who you were talking about so i just participated on the subject more than trying to think if it's about my faves or not and i obviously understood you weren't praising bad technique. Anyways heeeey i like Shakira kkkkk

Ohh, it's fine. I think I wouldn't have made this thread if the intentions of the other thread had been different. Anyway since I didn't mention the person it lost the ill-intention somehow. IDK... Sometimes I just want to vent out my rage/disappointment , but then I don't wanna hurt anyone or maybe I want to , but I don't want to regret later. Kkk

I like Shakira too.. Don't get me wrong. She's extremely popular in Latin America. People in my country tend to listen to her a lot, even my family! She has a great vocal tone, even though if her techniche is labeled as bad ( I remember a vocal coach who said it bluntly)

• that's how all good psychopaths work no? ;-)

thank you and you too my friend...

• LOL, at least you're honest. This reminds me of a thread were some people claimed that vocal tone was not a thing ^^ Pretty sure they had shady intentions too but they were less honest about it...

Anyway, I am sure vocal technic matters and helps a singer to avoid damaging their voice. But in my experience as a music listener , I could not care less. They are many singers that I like listening to for who I have never asked myself if their technic is good or if they would be considered good vocalists. It does not matter for me at all, as long as I find their voice pleasing.

• I don't know a single vocalist with an amazing technique who has a boring voice so I will never understand this "boring even though technically great" statement some fans make.... If you are singing correctly you will sound good and that's that.. ofc personal preferences can be different for a voice but there is no objectivity in that statement and just reflects individual tastes

I think some really good vocalists can sound different when they only use either good technique or mostly style.

For example, Jessica sounds more unique with her delicate, soft and nasal style than when she uses better technique. Her solo songs and her Snsd vocals explain it all.

So in my observation, good technique reduces on their uniqueness and unique vocals with very less technique makes many of them stand out so much. This works for IU, 2ne1 Bom, Rose and others.

I still wonder how Fx Luna would sound had she used a bit more style and if that would've gotten her more attention and success like other queens of style. Luna's vocals are considered strong but boring by many people.

• I dont agree with most of what you said.. I actually preferred jessica's vocals the other way.. and Luna has an amazing vocal color imo, free somebody is a song that sounds so good because of her beautiful vocals... and yes she does stylize her vocals many times, she did that even in free somebody itself, forget multiple fx songs...

• I dont agree with most of what you said.. I actually preferred jessica's vocals the other way.. and Luna has an amazing vocal color imo, free somebody is a song that sounds so good because of her beautiful vocals... and yes she does stylize her vocals many times, she did that even in free somebody itself, forget multiple fx songs...

I believe that Luna has a beautiful vocal colour but not everyone believes so. Same thing applies to Jessica, while she's my fav Snsd vocalist, to many people, she sounds childish and annoying.

Also, you should remember or know(if you don't know) that Jessica was a main vocalist mostly because of her stylistic vocals not because of her technique because her style added to Snsd the most unique special sound that they had when combined with other vocalists vocals.

Good vocalists can be stylistic and use good technique too. Taeyeon does it too in Weekend. And some naturally have good style so with training, they combine that with technique. Onew, DO, Baekhyun are a good example.

There are many vocalists popular because of their stylistic vocals so yes style attracts a lot of attention too. I gave examples in my earlier post.

So all that I stated earlier is true.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!