songs I’m listening to in kpop (off the beaten path)

• So I feel like my taste in music has changed recently and I’m not really listening to groups as much I’ve noticed, so I’m gonna drop some songs below that I’m currently overplaying for you to hear maybe and you can do the same for me and others! Try to name a less popular song (like obv you’re listening to BTS/AESPA’s latest title, but bsides are appreciated from those really famous groups!)

So this one I feel like is being slept on and is by a very famous artist and I’m actually shocked because it’s a BOPPP

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Like it’s SO good. The last chorus makes me want to break up with my boyfriend who I’ve been deeply in love with for three years JUST so I can sing Let me be free afterwards and MEAN IT. (I love you Gi!!!!!!) I also really appreciate the artistry of the music video because it clearly has a meaning behind it and I really like that they put so much more work into the props and editing and sets because it really does give you that feeling of the chaos of a long overdue break up in a toxic relationship. I don’t know about y’all but I’ve been there and that feeling of being like “I don’t know what’s going to happen if we break up because this insanity is all I’ve known for x time” and then the freedom of accepting that it’s over. Let me set the scene: it’s 2017 and I just moved to an entirely new state, I have a beautiful life on the outside on Long Island, everything seems perfect but neither of us are happy so we nitpick at each other and fight and make up and repeat over and over until finally it’s over and I’m moving again and giving everything I’ve built up again. And then the line “I miss the future so bad, I wish that we could go back” like stabs me in the throat along with the visuals of her tearing her life apart. Like where did we go wrong that I have to make it so much worse in order for it to get better??

Anyways!

Next is CL and honestly it’s her ENTIRE album because this is definitely her magnum opus. She’ll never outdo herself here. This is better than anything anyones dropped in such a long time. My recommendation(s) are

Tie a Cherry: for a really good r&b hip hop pop feel. Like very mainstream American. I can see Doja Cat feature tbh

The video isn’t like… a normal kpop video? It’s definitely very American streetwear high fashion inspired and I like it

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This song I’ve been listening to mostly in English, but in Korean it’s still good tbh.

Wonho- open mind

And like honestly he’s my only celebrity crush. Like I never crush on straight men nor celebrities because it’s useless lol (and I don’t exactly have a wandering eye) but my eye WANDERS on this man. He’s SO hot it’s offensive. I work out to this song because it’s fun and also because I wanna look like him lol.

This next song tbh is like THE SONG for me.

BIBI- The Weekend

Only free past midnight type of shit don’t sit right, I’d rather sit alone and get high ugh!!! like what a fucking MOOD. It’s an 88rising technically so it’s a given that I’ll love it because they consistently have releases that fit my music niche. It’s like funky and disco and modern and depressing and fun and her vocals are very raw and deep and when she sings higher with her own vocals overlapping in harmonies singing “why why why why why” it’s very pleasing to the ear in a cheer way. Also this song usually comes right after the song I’m about to show, and then right AFTER THIS song usually TSU by Drake plays (or fair trade) and it’s weirdly a good transitional song from kpop to western music

And the next song is aNOTHER BIBI song and weirdly Mark Tuan from Got7?? I feel like you’d never expect this duo but it is so good. BIBI raps too in English and she’s low key very good at rapping in English.

I can’t help but think of you all the time, yeah all the time??? Great line

Dancing alone in my room. And I’m picking up the petals of the flower that you left me.??? Omg.

Like all of this song makes me feel so good.

“And if I have a party you’re invited cause you’re cool. Only if the place is kicking, baby just to be specific” like omg thank you! Only if it’s a good party??? You think I deserve the world BIBI. I would love a good house party

Next is an Aespa song lol

But honestly it’s like red velvet tier bside material. I’m shocked to be honest because I didn’t think LSM loved them enough to let them stray from his capitalist brainwash music

Lastly is another love song even though it’s a year old. It’s another CL release!

I can’t stop thinkin about you

5 stars every time that you come through… that line makes me excited to see my man AND makes me want to take a shower. The low bass with her crooning gives classic bedroom music vibes but it still makes me feel confident which is what I like :-P

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• I don't know if you're interested in non-idol music but I listen to a lot of Korean non-idol songs that are really good (at least I think so) and I'll share some that I'm playing often lately! I'll also share cignature's new song because it's so good and deserves more love.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Honestly I’m pumped to listen to these when I get out of work 🥰

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• K R&B Edit:

Insomnia - DVWN ft YAYYOUNG

we (oui) - Jeebanoff ft sogumm

This song is literally about Irene from Red Velvet… it’s so good

Jimmy Brown - Irene

Finally for tonight is a hoody bop

Hoody - Sunshine

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!