A Guide to Some of the Best Kpop has to Offer

• When it comes to kpop, there are three types of people:

A. The people who either have no interest or have no idea where to start with the genre.

B. The people who only like one or two groups and haven’t gone beyond that.

C. The people who have been listening to kpop forever and know enough to write a post with detailed information and song recommendations for a pop subreddit.

I fall into the third category and no matter where you fall, I hope you’ll join me on this journey from the mid-2000s to today, where we explore some of the most influential and/or underrated groups of the genre, their high and low points, and what songs you should be listening to from them.

I've put my personal favorite song from each group in italics, so if that pick seems biased...it is. And if I overall seem biased towards girl groups? ...I am. No use in hiding it.

And one final note, I was asked by u/squeaksnu to throw together a spotify playlist of the songs and I did that here! Not all the recommended songs are on Spotify unfortunately, but I added what I could.

Let's go!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!