Which sex is usually expected to offer more in a hetero relationship?

• Which sex is usually expected to offer more in a hetero relationship? 13

1. Men (0) 0%
    2. Women (5) 38%
    3. Neither, the expectation is that they both have to split 50/50 on everything (8) 62%

I saw an offensive meme that says "men have to provide an expensive ring, wedding, car, house for marriage, a woman only has to bring her body". Obviously in 2021 most women have some kind of financial independence but I guess the mindset is men still have to provide things for women. Do you think this expectation is true or is it false?

• I personally think women are expected to give more because they are expected to have kids, take care of them, feed the husband and clean, amongst other things. At least that's the case in the most common gender role.

Men have to work and that's basically all they are expected to do. They go to work 8 hours a day while their woman works 24 hours a day.

But I'm female so it may just be perspective

• that depends on person, that's it...

I know couples in which man was poor, and had nothing yet they get married and are now financially stable as family and very happy together.

I also know the ones in which guy had his own house, yeah proper house with like 5-6 rooms, two bathrooms etc., and girl was living with her 3 female friends in very small apartment. She ended college, moved to him, but then she started complain all the time, like buy this and that to house, it needs to look better, or something like "we need to think of a way of buying me a car".

She went from being a poor student to being an "rich dads spoiled daughter",

later on they broke up because guy grow sick of her demands, when she went for 3 months to work in office, later she said that what she earn in work is for her to spend at hairstylist, nails saloon, clothes.

I mean that's stupid...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well, if we are talking about how it was back then, even though men were the financial providers, that doesn't mean the women weren't providing anything. Homemaking, childrearing, emotional support, etc., is still a lot to provide. It's more than just "her body".

Nowadays, I think in terms of financials. I suppose some do like to adhere to the traditional side of it. Maybe the man provides more of the money in some relationships nowadays. Regardless, a man doesn't have to sustain the full financial burden, and there are relationships where the financial burden is 50/50. So it definitely equalized compared to how it was back then.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Edited once, last by bunnyviolet ().

• Well, if we are talking about how it was back then, even though men were the financial providers, that doesn't mean the women weren't providing anything. Homemaking, childrearing, emotional support, etc., is still a lot to provide. It's more than just "her body".

Nowadays, I think in terms of financials. I suppose some do like to adhere to the traditional side of it. Maybe the man provides more of the money in some relationships nowadays. Regardless, a man doesn't have to sustain the full financial burden, and there are relationships where the financial burden is 50/50. So it definitely equalized compared to how it was back then.

I think they did the meme because nowadays most couples don't want children

• She was better off doing the Instagram/OnlyFans model lifestyle than getting married

• She was better off doing the Instagram/OnlyFans model lifestyle than getting married

in Poland to do something like that you need to be top beauty, ladies here are naturally beautiful etc. so not sure if any man would be interested to paying for some onlyfans or any other thing, when he can go for a date with "normal" woman and have proper relationship.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• in Poland to do something like that you need to be top beauty, ladies here are naturally beautiful etc. so not sure if any man would be interested to paying for some onlyfans or any other thing, when he can go for a date with "normal" woman and have proper relationship.

Women are earning millions from OnlyFans. That's because they can have an international audience, not just people from one country. Also not all men are interested in a "proper relationship" with a woman, more men are virgin or having less sex than ever before

• I think they did the meme because nowadays most couples don't want children

I suppose, but still, even if the woman isn't giving children, she can still provide a lot outside of finances. Again, homemaking and emotional support is a lot too, but ideally, the husband should be able to do that too nowadays.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!