Am I the only one who feels bittersweet with the vocal color diversity of IVE?

• Overall I think all their voices sounded pretty decent. I do agree they all kinda sound alike but it's nothing to complain about especially only after one comeback. Looking forward to hearing their voices live without all the processing. I don't remember Wonyoung sounding that good but maybe she's improved?

• It's not a massive deal if the songs continue to be decent, but this is a bugbear of mine being a music stan over visuals or anything else. Unusual or differing vocal colours really help me get into a group and with IVE I think it may take a very long time to distinguish them aside from Yujin.

I don't think it is just down to the song either as it is the same for me in Take It too. Their voices seem on the same level and same pitch. My prayers go out to the people behind colour coded videos when they have to try to figure out lyric distribution blind.

7hytR1B.jpg EhjJqBr.jpg

[DREAMCATCHER * PIXY * (G)I-DLE * EVERGLOW * BILLLIE]

• maybe I'm being extra harsh cause they're getting so much hype but honestly they mostly seem like they're based on visuals so far. Their best two vocalists can't even support, Wonyoung is somehow their third best singer despite being one of the weakest in Izone (and weak generally) and dance doesn't seem like their forte either. I just remember how critical people are of other groups like Kep1er (clearly more talented), or Twice back then (def got more standout talent too) and people are overhyping IVE sooo much in comparison.

aside of visual they are mediocre. Even in terms of visual having 3 yujin is not ideal

• I listened the song many times and i came to the conclusion they definitely have a similar tone however their tones perfectly suit the song the song is too mature too much diversity can ruin a song

But I don’t understand the problem because a shit ton of my favs are really have distinct voices but they always get overly criticized. All of them can sing and no one is struggling so I’m fine.

• Overall I think all their voices sounded pretty decent. I do agree they all kinda sound alike but it's nothing to complain about especially only after one comeback. Looking forward to hearing their voices live without all the processing. I don't remember Wonyoung sounding that good but maybe she's improved?

I think it’s because of the concept izone were bright/elegant and wonyoung was supposed to sound high pitched to fit the songs but in Ive since she sounds really mature and deeper.

Same case as momo she sounds really good when they don’t force her to sound high pitch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!