No phone recordings at BTS concerts?

• Honestly, I understand that recording the concert can be annoying- especially in the standing audience but this is like normal for any Western concert. I understand that they want to protect their copyright and livestreams of the whole concert are lowkey illegal but banning mobile devices recordings entirely is so weird. A lot of people make films and recordings to have memories of the concert. Heck, even I filmed a few performances. Banning it, makes no sense imo. I am not talking about those people who only have their phone in hands and record the whole time. I am talking about those people - if not most people - who record their fav song and that’s it.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also if you do not want to have so many people illegally livestream, how about make an official livestream??? :/

• omegateatimer

Changed the title of the thread from “Big Hit banning phone recordings at concerts” to “No phone recordings at BTS concerts?”.
  • this instruction is not brand new info, they do this every concert circa. You cant record in your phones, and live streaming them is not good, can’t record sound check( this was always the case). Fansites are always thrown out(nothing new). I’m pretty sure they are against those who profit off of their images and. clips. Let’s see how it is implemented tmrw, to get the clear picture. Since JPN and SK always followed these methods.idk if they can control US audience

• this instruction is not brand new info, they do this every concert circa. You can record in your phones, but live streaming them is not good, can’t record sound check( this was always the case). Fansites are always thrown out(nothing new).

I know of fansites since that’s a common thing. Well, the last part indicates that even filming with a phone is not allowed. The whole statement is confusing.

• It’s been like this forever lol. And the only place being seriously implemented was Japan (and I think Korea a bit).

And because of online streaming on 4th day, I’m sure they want legit viewers as well (like me!! Excited now)

Yeah, but I don’t think that this could ever be strictly implemented in like Europe und Co. since all the concerts allow recording.

• I know of fansites since that’s a common thing. Well, the last part indicates that even filming with a phone is not allowed. The whole statement is confusing.

Sorry I corrected my comment, this is implemented in JPN and SK if I am not wrong. That’s why it was so hard to get clips of BTS in the past from their jpn concerts. Idk how they are gg to control the US audience thou. Guess we have to see tmrw.

• i think i've seen them put out a notice like this in '19

afaik the only place where even phone recordings don't happen is in japan

for rest of the places, I don't think the security cares about phone recordings

Korea and Japan are really strict. Like in some cases you cannot even pull out your phone without people staring at you in suspicion

• I think this is targeted more toward fansites and live streamers. They mention infringement of artist portrait rights. Not like they can police everyone taking photos and recordings but we'll see. Looks like a normal statement.

• I'll wait too to see how they will implement this.

If this is their usual "no filming rule", then they wont take it too far since multiple armys still film (parts of) bts concert.

• I'm sure people can record for their memories, it's more the professional style recording and uploading that's been going on. Like not chopped up videos or cuts to audience, to themselves or anything. Full on hour+ videos uploaded in what feels like 4k.

It's great for those who can't go but you can see what they mean. The views on these videos are enormous aswell.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!