I don't understand why JYP is keeping NiziU away from anything involving Kpop

• HAHA. Sorry but Lemon is almost a 4 year old MV. The Most Viewed JPOP MV ever and probably one of the best selling Japanese songs the past decade. Chopstic is a 2 week old song. That is an absolutely stupid comparison. Chopstick was the most viewed MV last week and their album has been #1 for the last three days on Oricon IE) it only came out 3 days ago so CAN'T be on the weekly charts.

It's not a stupid comparison. I'm not comparing Lemon to Chopstick. I'm comparing the #1 J-pop song to all songs and Chopstick to all the 100 songs in the J-pop chart. The #1 J-pop song isn't even in the Top 1000. The song at #1000 has 10,932 ULs.

Chopstick may have been the most viewed MV in Japan, but I'm talking about in South Korea. Oricon doesn't matter for South Korea.

I thought the single had been released 2 weeks ago like on Spotify and could have charted on the weekly chart. If you want, the album track debuted at #51 daily with 961 ULs.

But if you want to believe Koreans are interested in J-pop, that's on you.

• Nope. Wasn't purchasable up until a few days ago so them being on any kind of weekly chart is non existent. And yes I know JPOP for the most part isn't really wanted in Japan. They do have quite a bit more Korean MV views than JO1 though as JO1 has never appeared on the top 100 youtube views which is the second most used streaming service in Korea while NiziU always have for all their MVs in the top 100 from Korea but still that is small sales compared to a paid prescription compared to paid subscriptions. But then again you can't view any Japanese acts on regular TV or listen to them on the radio anyways as over air transmission is banned in Korea so it is a bit harder for Japanese acts to promote in Korea at all. I often wonder how Korea would react if Japan or other countries did the same kind of restrictions to KPOP music and such they do with other countries foreign content. China might do it but who knows. I think they eventually will put NiziU somewhere in Korea for a release even if I think that is an odd move and unnecessary. But I still keep hearing about JYPE putting posters and billboards in Korea with NiziU members and such. I don't see Sony doing that as part of their promotions for the group outside of Japan so it has to be JYPE. That means they are doing some promotions for NiziU in Korea and unless your planning on having them release something there then it's just wasted money.

• NiziU was a Japanese Audition Show with mostly Japanese Ethnics, while Produce 48 is a Korean Survival Show cashing in on the Japanese Market that TWICE made relevant again, especially for Japanese Females. In other words, IZ*ONE is a Korean Group with Japanese Members while NiziU is a Japanese Group that has trained at a Kpop Company

Sony Music Japan co-manages NiziU so there could be a clash of Interests with MAMA Advertiser and Sponsors.

Anyway, we know it would be far too late to schedule NiziU for MAMA as they are currently promoting with schedules on the horizon.

OP is referring to Produce 101 Japan group like JO1, not P48

• Nope. Wasn't purchasable up until a few days ago so them being on any kind of weekly chart is non existent. And yes I know JPOP for the most part isn't really wanted in Japan. They do have quite a bit more Korean MV views than JO1 though as JO1 has never appeared on the top 100 youtube views which is the second most used streaming service in Korea while NiziU always have for all their MVs in the top 100 from Korea but still that is small sales compared to a paid prescription compared to paid subscriptions. But then again you can't view any Japanese acts on regular TV or listen to them on the radio anyways as over air transmission is banned in Korea so it is a bit harder for Japanese acts to promote in Korea at all. I often wonder how Korea would react if Japan or other countries did the same kind of restrictions to KPOP music and such they do with other countries foreign content. China might do it but who knows. I think they eventually will put NiziU somewhere in Korea for a release even if I think that is an odd move and unnecessary. But I still keep hearing about JYPE putting posters and billboards in Korea with NiziU members and such. I don't see Sony doing that as part of their promotions for the group outside of Japan so it has to be JYPE. That means they are doing some promotions for NiziU in Korea and unless your planning on having them release something there then it's just wasted money.

Koreans just don’t gaf about jpop. There isn’t as much restrictions as people keep saying in Korea for Japanese music. China already had a hallyu ban in place for Korea back in 2016 (still in place) which banned any Korean entertainment from being aired on television. No dramas, no movies, and definitely no Korean act promotions/events so there’s that. The reason why Japanese music was banned was due to Korea/Japan relations (Korean government thought Japanese culture would override Korean culture due to their previous colonization) so there was a valid reason on Korea’s behalf. If kpop becomes banned in Japan, there will be people fighting against it believe it or not lol It’s not even ethical in the first place as there’s demand for it. Japanese companies are also getting a fair share of the kpop pie. Niziu is for Japan as jyp’s new korean gg is for Korea.

• It’s probably because they’re busy as MAMA isn’t just a Korean artist only event. Japanese produce groups are expected to be there anyways. Thing is, niziu or jpop isn’t even in demand in Korea to begin with so other than MAMA, Niziu probably won’t be promoting in Korea anytime soon. Koreans are currently expecting the debut of the new jyp gg anyways…

• Niziu doesnt need to promote heavily in Korea at this moment. They needs to keep maintain their momentum in Japan as covid fucked up live promotion strategy (Welp tbf most of J-idol groups are struggling too) .

They are still one of top groups in Japan but their engagement/exposure with general public is really decreasing compared to their initial debut. So managed to appeared in Super sonic music festival, M-Station, NHK music, Kohaku, etc are more preferred marketing strategy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!