Is she promoting her book using kpop group name? is this too much or it's normal ?

• I was scrolling on tiktok and this video showed on my fyp, I love reading so when I first saw the video I thought she is doing subscription book box bts theme with books the members read or books that relate to their song but as I was scrolling through her account I was surprise to find that she wrote books based on BTS and the fans. Her books are not long and her goodreads and amazon doesn't have a lot of reviews she released 3 books in 2021 and 2 in 2020 and her books are not very long max 280 pages

Now as I said I love reading so I'm curious did anyone read her books ? Is it any good , I feel her target audience is ARMY so I'm not an army so idk if I will enjoy it. I watched few of her videos about her books and I have mix feeling one part of me say "this is amazing" another part say "she is using bts name" and another part finding this a bit exaggerated I know fans have connection with their idols but in this I feel like she read too much into it :whatr:

as I said before I have mix feeling it doesn't sit right with me, What do you think about this? Did you read any of her books? will non fan enjoy it?

External Content www.tiktok.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm especially curious about this book Idol Limerence: The Art of Loving BTS as Phenomena if anyone read it please let me know if it's good

Written by emerging avant-garde theorist and cultural critic, Wallea Eaglehawk, this cross-genre book explores the phenomenal relationship between K-pop group BTS and their fandom, ARMY. Eaglehawk delves deep into the socially constructed, intimate relationships between South Korean idols and their fans to contextualise her transformative, revolutionary theory of idol limerence.

Eaglehawk builds on Dorothy Tennov’s psychological concept of limerence, an all-consuming love and emotional attachment to another person. With the introduction and theorising of the self-reflexive, socially constructed idol persona, Eaglehawk brings limerence into the 21st century and places it in the realms of social studies for the first time. Within the theory of idol limerence lies the answers for how relationships with idols are formed and maintained, and also the transformational and revolutionary capacity of fandoms around the world.

Teamed with her groundbreaking research and theorising is the fictitious narrative of Echo, a young millennial woman who finds herself falling in love with BTS from across the vastness of the internet. This book seamlessly weaves social theory and a love story which spans this universe, and the next. Idol Limerence is bridging the gap between scholarly and general audiences with a book of introspection, healing and universal experiences. This book provides a study of the microcosm of humankind with the relationship between Echo and BTS leader, RM, who guides her through exploring the inner workings of her psyche to the beat of a BTS song. (less)

• I bought the ebook of Limerance and completely forgot until this moment. Clearly, I didn't not read it. But I own it! My friend said it's pretty good.

• I bought the ebook of Limerance and completely forgot until this moment. Clearly, I didn't not read it. But I own it! My friend said it's pretty good.

could you let me know what you think about the book when you read it and if a non-army will enjoy it (the description of her books sound like only army will enjoy/appreciate the book cause they have connection with bts )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!