Transgender athletes in female sports.

• Sports or jobs, it all sets a precedent in society. Imagine if some people said it's unfair certain professional sports like basketball are dominated by black men and unfair to Asian and white men, so there should be two separate leagues citing studies on physical differences. Or if people used statistics to say that since men, ages 18 - 25, from a certain race commit almost half of all violent crimes and murders they should be singled out and profiled. Using scientific research and statistics to make shifts in society is dangerous and problematic.

This is why the TSA checks everyone for potential terrorism at the airport even though statistics say the overwhelming majority of airplane terrorists were males from Middle Eastern backgrounds. Feminism ends where women start to believe they should have special privileges over other oppressed minorities.

Now you’re all over the place. How on earth are you talking race? A black man and a white man as well as an asian man all have one thing in common: they are still men. Their skin color isn’t going to give them an advantage over the other.

However, transwomen are still biological men. The amount of hormones someone takes doesn’t make one equal to your average cisgender women. It’s no where comparable for a person who was born a male to compete against people who were born females.

Again, you’re changing the subject by bringing up random things. TSA checks everyone especially Muslims (no matter the race) because of stereotypes. But stereotypes does not equal scientifically facts. We are talking about sports, my friend. Biological men cannot compete against women, what makes you think that it’s fair for a transwoman to play against cisgender women when they’re two completely different people?

• Lol it just makes me feel iffy. Like a robot. I’m not saying it’s a horrible term and should be rid of, i’m just saying it makes me feel bleh.

And it’s not transphobic. I’m giving my personal view on what i think of myself. I don’t like the term cisgender. Am i going to abandon it? No. I just think it’s weird.

• I'll just go ahead and admit I had no scientific evidence for what I was saying lmao :clown:

I realize that the reality of the situation was just unfair towards bio women, prior to that I just felt immense sympathy towards the trans community as a whole and didn't want to go "against" them in any way. But what you're saying makes sense, and looking into it now with a less tunnel-vision ideology, trans women in sports do appear to have an advantage. I just wish there was some sort of way to fix that, as I don't want to cause harm to either side. My point was false, but I hope it didn't seem like I wanted to harm women.

No, I never took it as misogynistic or anything.

I too have a great deal of sympathy for trans women who in this care seem to be in the toughest spot, but biological women are still at a disadvantage in terms of sports (I'm talking low wages, low exposure, way less opportunities) that are nowhere near getting fixed and having to compete with people who have an inherently male advantage just makes the unfairness of the situation bigger.

• Now you’re all over the place. How on earth are you talking race? A black man and a white man as well as an asian man all have one thing in common: they are still men. Their skin color isn’t going to give them an advantage over the other.

However, transwomen are still biological men. The amount of hormones someone takes doesn’t make one equal to your average cisgender women. It’s no where comparable for a person who was born a male to compete against people who were born females.

Again, you’re changing the subject by bringing up random things. TSA checks everyone especially Muslims (no matter the race) because of stereotypes. But stereotypes does not equal scientifically facts. We are talking about sports, my friend. Biological men cannot compete against women, what makes you think that it’s fair for a transwoman to play against cisgender women when they’re two completely different people?

Again you are going with the "biological evidence" excuse, but there's been tons of studies that showed measured patterns or differences in age, sex, race, ethnicity, sexuality, etc. But none of them should have an influence in the way society operates. There can be strong ciswomen, there can be fast ciswomen, or transwomen who aren't as fast or strong. You bring up stereotypes yet you are literally doing that with transwomen.

• why does no one ever talk about handicaps? I was in sports, disabled sports, some of the kids could run but others couldn't so there's a rule against running. not sure how this would work but it's something to consider

1601860532-20201004-suhyun.jpg~proudly presented by a humble humanoid commenter~

• It can be a fair discussion w the right approach as there are a lot of factors to consider - just fyi hormonal therapy does change one’s body composition because sex hormones directly influence fat/muscle mass growth and viceversa, to which extent it’s still debated and it varies from person to person but it’s silly to compare cis men and trans women on estrogen therapy bc on average they just don’t have the same body type . But beside that some of the things written on here are so far from the truth, like karyotype can have very little to do w ones sex let alone gender. Chromosomes are much more complicated that xx=female xy=male, you could have a different chromosome makeup yourself and not even realize it until you take a test so at least let’s bring real scientific facts

• It's not fair for people which were naturally born as ladies and have much lower testosterone level + usually smaller body frames

transwoman / transmen, they should just have their own Olympics or something, separate category and this has nothing to do with being biased, transphobic, etc. it's just pure about the fair and equal sport by terms of biology, hormones, etc.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The best solution would be creating a Sports league for Transgenders. They aren’t feeling welcomed playing with the sexes they identify as.

• Women are always the ones pushing this inclusive everything shit. They should have transwomen in all things related to ciswomen. Those hypocrites like to bring up biological differences when it’s convenient to them, but otherwise it’s off limits and racist

Your post makes zero sense and is actually offensive to women. There are several situations when it is essential that women have their own spaces, based on biology, especially places like rape crisis centres. Trans women should be treated with respect, everyone should, but there is nothing offensive about pouting out when biological differences leave you at a distinct disadvantage. It’s not safe!

• Women have a different muscle distribution and their center of gravity is located in a different place. That's why women are more likely to die in car accidents, because all the dummies used for safety testing are male shaped and if they are female shaped, is just a smaller male dummy - same weight distribution, same center of gravity.

So not, the biological differences between sexes would still make distribution by weight/height very unfair.

Women have the right to practice sport in their own spaces, safely. Estrogen isn't like testosterone. The changes in your bodies produced by it are very small and take a lot to appear, even after years on it so trans women will always be at an advantage.

Wow I didn't know this! :wow:

• Your post makes zero sense and is actually offensive to women. There are several situations when it is essential that women have their own spaces, based on biology, especially places like rape crisis centres. Trans women should be treated with respect, everyone should, but there is nothing offensive about pouting out when biological differences leave you at a distinct disadvantage. It’s not safe!

yall can have as many spaces as you want. but if its something meant for EVERYONE, you cant exclude trans

• Again you are going with the "biological evidence" excuse, but there's been tons of studies that showed measured patterns or differences in age, sex, race, ethnicity, sexuality, etc. But none of them should have an influence in the way society operates. There can be strong ciswomen, there can be fast ciswomen, or transwomen who aren't as fast or strong. You bring up stereotypes yet you are literally doing that with transwomen.

It’s not an excuse. In some areas these differences can be ignored or there have to be special measurements to make it equal for both sides. For examples when you want to join the military or the police force, men and women do have different training. The requirements for being recruited are a different as well.

The differences and disadvantages are still there, but since men and women are not competing with each other, they can complement each other.

But we are now talking about sports here, we are talking about physical differences not mental and we have is a direct competition. You are right a biological woman can be stronger than a biological man and therefore also stronger than a trans women. Nevertheless in martial arts sports for example those competing are separated in weight and/or hight classes. You won’t have a 1,80m/80kg women fighting with a 1.60m/55kg woman, this would be an unfair competition. But a biological man weighing 70kg isn’t the same as a biological woman weighing 70kg, a biological man will still have more muscles and strength, this goes for trans men too and that’s why they ain’t winning and breaking their bones left and right.

No matter how you wanna put it, in sports it’s a unfair competition for those born only with a XX chromosome.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!