[NB] Yoo Jae Suk declines stock options after Kakao's acquisition of Antenna

• source: Yoo Jae Suk declines stock options after Kakao's acquisition of Antenna

Yoo Jae Suk declines stock options after Kakao's acquisition of Antenna
    netizen buzz, korean pop,korean drama, korean media, korean entertainment, korean news, kpop, kdrama, netizens, comments, reactions, translations
    netizenbuzz.blogspot.com

AVvXsEjwH2RS5v-WYnR3ATIqitFr0y91SzZUNfbX1F_e6gEjqmcZhaeZLYv1m38lHg2nVf62u-WTjIfXDCq4v2FAbt8YW-3Uj906NpoCBUa-iL9x89q2saXFQFyc_t9ICI-BJjs7JUWMG-_Hf9osc25gYdaM0ZsG7OKvuPXSoXZ7XMLKWqGXEeBTgtJqTUa5=s16000

Article: Yoo Hee Yeol reinvests 7 billion won in Kakao after Antenna acquisition, Yoo Jae Suk declines

Source: The Joongang via Naver

After Kakao acquired Antenna, Yoo Hee Yeol reinvested his payout into Kakao while Yoo Jae Suk, when offered stock options by Kakao, declined, citing that he didn't want the pressure of being tied to his agency through stake in the company and would rather focus on his career.

1. [+1,016, -100] As expected of Yoo Jae Suk's character... he's smart enough to know that it's best to avoid being connected to anyone through money~~~

2. [+387, -15] This is one of the reasons why he hasn't had any scandals for so long and why he's been at the top all this time. He's sensitive but knows what each step is about and takes care of himself no matter how busy he is.

3. [+210, -21] As expected... he always knows what's best

4. [+227, -50] I imagine Yoo Jae Suk might also feel a sense of betrayal since Antenna was sold right after he joined them

5. [+104, -2] He basically declines any chance of being embroiled in any type of scandal. As expected of him.

6. [+113, -44] He said he doesn't involve himself with stocks and stuff. No reason for him to either.

7. [+64, -4] Just in case anyone's getting the wrong idea, Yoo Hee Yeol and Yoo Jae Suk have different roles in the company. Yoo Jae Suk is a TV star but Yoo Hee Yeol is a TV star on top of a musician and company CEO. His role is in creating a better environment for his artists to grow and succeed. I'm sure whatever his involvement with Kakao is was for the betterment of the company's growth. I see some comments accusing Antenna of not taking better care of their artists but as a fan, you should know that they've been holding concerts and promoting actively these days...

8. [+63, -4] I respect him. He's made all the money he needs and he'd rather stay focused on his career on TV than chase after more money. He's a great example of someone's longterm success. Honestly, it's so obvious what kids like Seungri who start throwing around the CEO title as soon as they hit fame end up becoming.

9. [+62, -3] It's getting pretty bad with how far Kakao has gone in buying up all the companies. They're worse than most conglomerates. Why aren't there any restrictions being imposed?

10. [+55, -1] I respect Yoo Jae Suk's determination in living by his own rules and beliefs

11. [+54, -2] One thing about Yoo Jae Suk is that he sticks to what he's good at and capable of. He doesn't let others sway him otherwise and he doesn't get greedy. That's a sign of a strong mentality. I'm sure he sees other celebrities buying up buildings and such but he himself doesn't let his greed get in the way because of the strong mentality he built up for himself during his days as a nobody.

12. [+46, -1] I'll never know what kind of person he truly is but one thing's for sure... he's a professional when it comes to keeping his image well managed. That's a great skill in itself.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• don't Koreans realize that Kakao was/is preparing for IPO?

when Big Hit did it they were all happy, what's a problem with Kakao then?

they can't live without Kakao Talk yet they complain lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• don't Koreans realize that Kakao was/is preparing for IPO?

when Big Hit did it they were all happy, what's a problem with Kakao then?

they can't live without Kakao Talk yet they complain lol

Because we are a nationalistic society here in Korea. Kakao though nessesary has had its own issues before. Also because of this quirk of our society, we turned a blind eye to HYBE doing it because they have BTS and BTS is God. At this point HYBE can't afford to make any type of mistake because of BTS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!