[TW: domestic abuse mentioned] I'm having trust issues right now

• I was reading a Danish article where a woman talks about when she was abused by her boyfriend and was forced by him to do scary stuff.

Well... that article had the warning: contains violent, explicit descriptions of both physical and mental abuse.

And I'm suddenly having trust issues.

And don't want to ever date anyone because I don't want these kinds of stuff to happen to me.

I have often been like "Oh, I want to date someone, get married and have children."

But now at the moment I feel like I'd rather be forever alone.

I'd rather have cats instead of a spouse.

I'm scared that I might meet a guy, who seems sweet and kind and I fall in love, but find out he is abusive.

Like in the article, I think she mentioned that "Oh, he seemed like a sweet person and I was in love with him."

I find it freaking scary how someone can seem like a nice person, but then actually be abusive.

Yup, looks and all that can be deceiving.

Well... I'm just scared of ending up in an abusive relationship.

• Yeahh. I think the most important thing in regards to that is to have a good support system that you can go to when you have problems and be willing to go get help when needed.

Like, if you're more isolated, it's harder to get help.

And of course, try to leave when you start to notice red flags.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• so is it because of the article you read or did something actually happen to you ? (you don't need to answer that if you don't want to )

If it's because of the article, well things like that happen but then other sorts of things happen too, we never know in life, you can get run over by car, there can be a robbery at bank, you can get stabbed on the streets but it doesn't mean you'll never walk on streets again or will be afraid to go to bank right ?

Just make sure to notice red flags before diving into a relationship but yeah people change we can't teally predict about what will happen in future

I've got severe trust issues because of my family situation but at the end of the day, it will only hurt me if I let myself to be immersed by them

I've already turned down a guy who may be the love of my life because of these issues...uhm so that happens too

• I can unfortunately speak from experience with abusive partners. I was with an absuive guy in my early 20s, physically and verbally. The biggest things that helped me whole in that situation was my friends. They helped me get the right resources to get out of that mess.

If you’re thinking about dating someone or even interested in them, get your friends, family, whoever’s opinion on them first. One of my friends said this guy seemed like an whole but I didn’t listen to her. She saw red flags in him that I missed.

For those that don’t have anyone in their personal lives they can go to they’re are plenty of online resources, phone and text lines, forums, etc that can help point you in the right direction should you ever find yourself in that situation.

• I would say really find out about a person before you get married to him or her...

like actually take something equivalent of pre marital counselling

find out what makes your partner tik...and have a good talk with them about all aspects of marriage...

• I would say really find out about a person before you get married to him or her...

like actually take something equivalent of pre marital counselling

find out what makes your partner tik...and have a good talk with them about all aspects of marriage...

this ^^^

regardless of how long/well you guys know each other, you should always have these discussions. people may think oh this person won't be like that, but honestly, there's no guarantee until you hear it from them yourself. and even then you have to decide whether or not to trust that they're being honest with you.

• this ^^^

regardless of how long/well you guys know each other, you should always have these discussions. people may think oh this person won't be like that, but honestly, there's no guarantee until you hear it from them yourself. and even then you have to decide whether or not to trust that they're being honest with you.

I made sure of that before I married my wife...

it's just communication communication communication and on all topics

finances/children/lifestyle/family/unexpected events/where one lives/work/separation of home duties etc etc

• I made sure of that before I married my wife...

it's just communication communication communication and on all topics

finances/children/lifestyle/family/unexpected events/where one lives/work/separation of home duties etc etc

definitely.

that's always really really important. especially if you're planning on spending the rest of your life with this person.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!