My predictions on: If BlackPink will not renew in 2023

• We all know the Blackpink members have big fandoms and recognitions

But, in all honesty, only Lisa and Jennie can reach the levels that they can reach while in the group. Rose did will, but her solos were carried by blinks internationally, nothing wrong with that, but the fact that her core fanbase is not as big might affect her as a solo outside of Blackpink in the future. The songs did on par with Lisa in the beginning before Money got viral, which is great. But the difference between her and Lisa is the physical sold. Lisa was able to equal Blackpink albums sold, which shows that she has a much bigger core fanbase.

Jennie I believe also has a core fanbase equal to Lisa's. She always is in the news, and her grip on Korea is strong. (But, to be fair, we do need a solo comeback now to actually see if this is true. )

Jisoo, was always the weakest of the four in solo recognitions, her hold in Korea is equal to Rose, maybe she can make it in the drama field, like Suzy. But she needs to start somehow, YG is late with her promotion.

Musically, I don't think she can do great without the Blackpink tag. Not internationally and not in Korea.

Discuss?

Approved the thread.
  • Jisoo's hold on korea IS NOT equal to Rose, after Jennie she is the most popular. But also I don't think music has ever been Jisoo's main passion, she did drama in highschool, and dabled in acting before becoming a YG trainee, I think her manager probably thought it was best for her to join an idol group knowing that would get her more gigs, and I do see her sticking with that after BP disbands.

I think they will renew in 2023 unless YG fucks up on an astronomic scale or one of them decides to go solo, but they're not getting a second full album till at least 2022 and I can't see them disbanding before their 3rd full album.

I also think rose's solo was sort of a let down, that was her time to establish her individual brand for her future solo career and they screwed it up by giving her 2 lack luster songs, and as stated, it was really only hyped by blinks, where as Lisa's Money and Jennie's Solo got adoration on a viral scale. Maybe she'll get another singing opportunity in the future that will redeem her.

• Talking purely about music jennie has the best shot out of all. She has the biggest casual listener base and also has the room to grow musically.

Next would be Rose, who has the most potential to grow musically and also had a listener base arguably smaller but at that point it doesn't matter.

The other two are more limited musically.

• Bp future in korea is depending of the results of Jisoo drama. If that drama facing backlash then they are done. Blinks should worry about this before discussing about bp renewal

• Jisoo's hold on korea IS NOT equal to Rose, after Jennie she is the most popular. But also I don't think music has ever been Jisoo's main passion, she did drama in highschool, and dabled in acting before becoming a YG trainee, I think her manager probably thought it was best for her to join an idol group knowing that would get her more gigs, and I do see her sticking with that after BP disbands.

I think they will renew in 2023 unless YG fucks up on an astronomic scale or one of them decides to go solo, but they're not getting a second full album till at least 2022 and I can't see them disbanding before their 3rd full album.

I also think rose's solo was sort of a let down, that was her time to establish her individual brand for her future solo career and they screwed it up by giving her 2 lack luster songs, and as stated, it was really only hyped by blinks, where as Lisa's Money and Jennie's Solo got adoration on a viral scale. Maybe she'll get another singing opportunity in the future that will redeem her.

I would have agreed that Jisoo is the 2nd popular if it was still 2018, but I think Rose pulled ahead from 2019 to now. She's definitely not continuing in singing, maybe drop a song now and then. But as an actress, her future is also dull considering she is now debuting as an actress. YG should've done it sooner to ensure she propels. Now it will depend on her luck with getting hit dramas.

I too think they will renew, but since many talks now are about how they would do if they didn't renew I wanted to put in my two cents.

Yes Rose had definitely a lackluster debut. I for one liked OTG and GONE, but I'm not that crazy about them. They're cool as b-sides. Same with Lisa, if MONEY didn't hit off with Squid Game, I don't think it would have gone up the way it did. But as I stated, Lisa's strongest suite is her core fanbase that is as hardcore as blinks that support the 4. So she will remain in the same level

Solo was the best debut, it embodied Jennie well in addition to being a great song

• Talking purely about music jennie has the best shot out of all. She has the biggest casual listener base and also has the room to grow musically.

Next would be Rose, who has the most potential to grow musically and also had a listener base arguably smaller but at that point it doesn't matter.

The other two are more limited musically.

I think the problem with Rose, as I stated above, is that she doesn't have a hardcore solo fanbase . She really needs much better songs with more edge to them to really establish herself. She is the most musically talented of the 4

• Bp future in korea is depending of the results of Jisoo drama. If that drama facing backlash then they are done. Blinks should worry about this before discussing about bp renewal

Not really, the backlash (if they will face it) will not hurt them in anyway. The only way for Blackpink to be done is them not renewing

• Not really, the backlash (if they will face it) will not hurt them in anyway. The only way for Blackpink to be done is them not renewing

Can you escape historical disortion scandal?With how nationalisitic korea is , I don't think so.

• I think the problem with Rose, as I stated above, is that she doesn't have a hardcore solo fanbase . She really needs much better songs with more edge to them to really establish herself. She is the most musically talented of the 4

I don't understand where you get this from. She definitely does have a hardcore fanbase who bought her albums. What she doesn't have is the BP casual listener base because her sound is not the one that BP is popular for. They are more popular for their d4 style of songs.

I think she maybe into writing and playing instruments more than the others, but jennie is more versatile with singing and rapping and thus is less limited musically. Rose is the next though. The other two are severely limited.

Jennie also has more of a reach to the BP casuals as she is the closest to the BP aura with both vocals and raps.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!