Mnet shows bring out the xenophobia hidden in Koreans

• This the second time Mnet makes a so called multinational show the first one was produce meet akb48 and this and gp999 which is Korea meet China meet Japan and in both of this shows failed to debut an equal amount of foreigners if Korea can't see past themselves they should stop making this shows because it seriously gives me bad image not only they don't put enough foreigners but they also paint them as less talented than Korean trainees Gp999 didn't do it that much but with produce 48 they literally called Japanese trainees untalented.

So Mnet please stick to your own and stop embarrassing yourself and your nation clearly Korea can't see past the political issues so spare the foreign girls .

• I just think they shouldn't have gone the "global" route. Clearly they aren't interested in representing in a diverse group. The producers aren't and the Korean audience isn't. It's almost just a way to make them feel superior, like "look at how awesome we beat the Japanese and Korean contestants. Who cares about ways we manipulated the show to give Koreans every advantage? We win!"

But also, this gets people talking. We're all up in arms but this GP999 lineup is the most drama I've seen on a topic all year. Any publicity is better than none. And when it comes to these survival show groups, people are mad at first but they end up being EXTREMELY successful. So mnet, doesn't really care if we're mad. They know most of the people, even the most passionately angry ones, will still end up supporting.

• Hmmm you do know GP999 international voting are count not korean. 50%50%. And of course the korean will votin korean contestant cuz their nationalism is high. But you gotta make it xenophobic right? And it just not korean. Every county will favour their own people.

• Hmmm you do know GP999 international voting are count not korean. 50%50%. And of course the korean will votin korean contestant cuz their nationalism is high. But you gotta make it xenophobic right? And it just not korean. Every county will favour their own people.

Mnet made Korean vote counts 10 times more than international votes if that's not Xenophobia i don't what is the fact that they did their best to put the Chinese trainees in bad light fearing they will have more foreigners than Koreans proofs how much in reality they don't like people that aren't their own

• I just think they shouldn't have gone the "global" route. Clearly they aren't interested in representing in a diverse group. The producers aren't and the Korean audience isn't. It's almost just a way to make them feel superior, like "look at how awesome we beat the Japanese and Korean contestants. Who cares about ways we manipulated the show to give Koreans every advantage? We win!"

But also, this gets people talking. We're all up in arms but this GP999 lineup is the most drama I've seen on a topic all year. Any publicity is better than none. And when it comes to these survival show groups, people are mad at first but they end up being EXTREMELY successful. So mnet, doesn't really care if we're mad. They know most of the people, even the most passionately angry ones, will still end up supporting.

Yeah probably the group will end up successful but i can't help it but hate the way Mnet plays with the whole Koreans are awesome but not foreigners

• Yeah probably the group will end up successful but i can't help it but hate the way Mnet plays with the whole Koreans are awesome but not foreigners

I don't like it either, but as long as these groups are successful, they'll continue to push that narrative. They can prop up their superiority complex AND make tons of money. It's a win-win situation for Koreans and I think that's why they keep doing this.

• I called out Korean xenophobia when Lisa flopped in literally only ONE country - Korea. I was called a "racist" and a "xenophobe" for it, even though i'm 100 percent Korean :rolleyes: .

This GP999 voting scandal aint surprising in the least. I'll defend Korea and Koreans when they deserve to be defended (ie for not adhering to bs like "cultural appropriation"), but when they deserve to be called out, i wont hesitate either. It's embarrassing af for me.

• I called out Korean xenophobia when Lisa flopped in literally only ONE country - Korea. I was called a "racist" and a "xenophobe" for it, even though i'm 100 percent Korean :rolleyes: .

This GP999 voting scandal aint surprising in the least. I'll defend Korea and Koreans when they deserve to be defended (ie for not adhering to bs like "cultural appropriation"), but when they deserve to be called out, i wont hesitate either. It's embarrassing af for me.

True the fact that every country recognize Lalisa Manoban star power yet Korea fails to see profs my point

CJ seems to be addicted with "Global group" title lately. Their previous groups from PD101 Japan were all marketed with "Global group" title and they continue to do so in this show as well.

• It's always funny to me how the narrative with Chinese idols changes.

Fans initially want them in groups but when most inevitably just use kpop to build popularity to utilise back in China, you see people questioning their position in kpop.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!