Does D4 having the most Unique Listeners for any gg song in korea of all time shows the importance of a song's peak?

• Compared to the biggest gg hits of this generation in korea, d4's longetivity is impressive but not amongst the best. It, however, had the biggest peak for any gg song probably ever topping melon for 30 days and maintaining over 800k ULs during the whole of first month.

And despite losing out to the other songs in terms of longetivity, it has the most ULs of any gg song of all time in korea(melon + genie) at 8.1M. Does this prove peak > longetivity?

https://twitter.com/chartsblac…/1356969519940526081?s=19

https://twitter.com/ChartsKR/status/1356967212775444481?s=19

• peak has always been more important than longevity wdym ?

For example

People would usually be more amazed

At a song

Hitting #1 on the hot 100 and than dropping out,

Than a song that stays at #12 for 5 months.

With that said

Dddd had both peak and longevity so I don't know what point you're trying to make about it :sketchyk:

• Actually for kcharts I've always thought they were equal. Many ppl in the old forum used to treasure longetivity more.

Think abt it, there are songs who get PAKs, #1s just based on hype alone then tank afterwards easily in kcharts. Eg songs like M&M, Power Up. Which is why peak was never the biggest thing

And for korea CU was usually viewed as the biggest song, d4 was always not seen as a competitor for one due to its longetivity

• To be fair, only a few songs are ahead of D4 in longevity on the charts for girl groups. Even right now, I’m pretty sure it’s charting way higher (around 200 on Melon Daily) than RF and CU which are the only other GG songs with similar. I don’t think there’s an explicit statement on which is better. It’s just a case by case basis.

• Actually for kcharts I've always thought they were equal. Many ppl in the old forum used to treasure longetivity more.

Think abt it, there are songs who get PAKs, #1s just based on hype alone then tank afterwards easily in kcharts. Eg songs like M&M, Power Up. Which is why peak was never the biggest thing

And for korea CU was usually viewed as the biggest song, d4 was always not seen as a competitor for one due to its longetivity

Cu couldn't even outdo lovesick sick girls what are you talking about?

• I've always thought longevity is better because it shows that people are staying interested in the song, having a peak is nice but those songs can do bad if they don't have longevity.. Remember G-Idle Oh my god? That song had sooo much hype and hit number on melon from what I remember. However no one recognizes it as a hit because it had no longevity.

• Official Post

Anyway, in my imo, there's a certain point where peak outdoes longevity. If the song was really THAT big initially, then I don't think it should matter whether it had good longevity or not.

For example, Beach Again had a HUGE peak but not so great longevity. If you were to ask anyone in Korea, I'm pretty sure Beach Again would be more remembered compared to a song with better longevity released around the same time. Same goes for Any Song, that song was huge initially but it's longevity is absolutely terrible.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!