Playful Kiss (2010)

• I don't usually watch k dramas but YouTube keeps recommending this to me for some reason.

If you've seen it what did you think of it?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It was my first k-drama and I looooove it. My regular self would beat me for liking something so silly, but I love it. It introduced me to a lot of things that happen in k-dramas so it was like an introduction to a new world to me. I watched it more than it is healthy to say out loud and it was my comfort k-drama at some point. Miss it like hell (the drive where I kept it died).

Bottom line, it's terribly cheesy but if you just want to lose couple of braincells is ok. Second male lead is incredibly funny and it is the debut of the wonderful Jung So Min. Give a try at your own risk. The anime is also cute, lol.

• Terrible.

Ml is basically abusive jer I hate him. Fl has no backbone and I am triggered rn.

It was my first k-drama and I looooove it. My regular self would beat me for liking something so silly, but I love it. It introduced me to a lot of things that happen in k-dramas so it was like an introduction to a new world to me. I watched it more than it is healthy to say out loud and it was my comfort k-drama at some point. Miss it like hell (the drive where I kept it died).

Bottom line, it's terribly cheesy but if you just want to lose couple of braincells is ok. Second male lead is incredibly funny and it is the debut of the wonderful Jung So Mi. Give a try at your own risk. The anime is also cute, lol.

Damn look at these two complete opposite views lol.

I did read it's way more popular now than it was when it first aired. Sort of has a cult following.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Damn look at these two complete opposite views lol.

I did read it's way more popular now than it was when it first aired. Sort of has a cult following.

I agree with the other poster but I suffer from soft spot syndrome so for me it has a lot of redeeming qualities, lol. I even watched the anime and the second season of the Korean version. Haven't watched the other versions (it has a Japanese and a Taiwanese one). The story is way too silly but the manga it is based on was quite popular and it seems its charms have grown overtime. It wasnt popular in Korea but it was overseas to the point they made a second season that was only available in Youtube. Give it a try and draw your own conclusions.

• I agree with the other poster but I suffer from soft spot syndrome so for me it has a lot of redeeming qualities, lol. I even watched the anime and the second season of the Korean version. Haven't watched the other versions (it has a Japanese and a Taiwanese one). The story is way too silly but the manga it is based on was quite popular and it seems its charms have grown overtime. It wasnt popular in Korea but it was overseas to the point they made a second season that was only available in Youtube. Give it a try and draw your own conclusions.

I just watched the first episode! I enjoyed it for the most part. Sure theres some cheese. But not anymore than what I've seen from the few other dramas I've watched.

Its definitely got all the traditional troupes. Of course I'm already falling for the main lead <3. Also the main guy from SS501 she likes has to be one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen. I read in the comments how so many people watched this immediately after Boys Over Flowers just for him.

I feel like this would be a good show for me and emanresu to watch at the same time.

• I agree with the other poster but I suffer from soft spot syndrome so for me it has a lot of redeeming qualities, lol. I even watched the anime and the second season of the Korean version. Haven't watched the other versions (it has a Japanese and a Taiwanese one). The story is way too silly but the manga it is based on was quite popular and it seems its charms have grown overtime. It wasnt popular in Korea but it was overseas to the point they made a second season that was only available in Youtube. Give it a try and draw your own conclusions.

Manga is much more popular I think.

I decided to hate this drama after I watched special episodes and ml is still a jerk and fl is still tollerating that bs. That was final straw for me.

But I love fl Jung So-Min. I have soft spot for her.

• I just watched the first episode! I enjoyed it for the most part. Sure theres some cheese. But not anymore than what I've seen from the few other dramas I've watched.

Its definitely got all the traditional troupes. Of course I'm already falling for the main lead <3. Also the main guy from SS501 she likes has to be one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen. I read in the comments how so many people watched this immediately after Boys Over Flowers just for him.

I feel like this would be a good show for me and emanresu to watch at the same time.

I don't know if he has watched it already. Sounds fun, enjoy!

• I don't know if he has watched it already. Sounds fun, enjoy!

I've already watched 5 episodes! I just can't see why this show is so hated by a lot of people. I'm loving the hell out of it.

Oh Ha Ni is ADORABLE! The guy that thinks hes John Travolta is hilarious. And the Mom is steals every scene she is in.

I mean if people hate it because of SeungJo then I understand. He goes overboard sometimes.

Like this is the most savage thing I've ever seen lol

• I'm sooo glad you like it so far. Oh it brings memories and yes both the mother and the guy who looks like John Travolta are hilarious.

I remember having a warm feeling in my belly while watching this drama, like when you eat something that makes you fill warm and happy, and I think it was the most lasting feeling I had from it. I will watch it again, soon.

I think the hate came from how silly it was and because it was a remake of an already popular drama but way watered down from its previous remake, hence it didn't win in the comparison department.

But for those like me, who were introduced to the story by Oh Ha Ni and company, it's adorable through and through despite all the shortcomings. Hope you like it all the way.

And yes that scene was pretty savage. But the best is yet to come!

And when you finish this watch the anime. You'll love it too.

• This dude is so F****** SAVAGE!

The way he walked away in the middle of a picture with that girl at Graduation LMFAO. I got tears coming down my face from laughing so hard.

Another thing I forgot to mention is I love Hani day dream segments. These are really cheesy but they are really fun also.

• This dude is so F****** SAVAGE!

The way he walked away in the middle of a picture with that girl at Graduation LMFAO. I got tears coming down my face from laughing so hard.

Another thing I forgot to mention is I love Hani day dream segments. These are really cheesy but they are really fun also.

Lol, yes he did and then he goes up to Hani's and puts his arm over her shoulder for the pic at the last minute. So have you watched the kiss scene yet or not? Funnily, she daydreams a lot but her daydream sort of comes true if I remember well.

Also I used to love her father's noodle restaurant, it was once of the culture shocks I got from the show. Didn't know there were so many types of noodles. They only ones I knew before were the ones for noodle soup, lol.

And his little brother, he is like the radar for important Hani-SeungJo moments.

• Lol, yes he did and then he goes up to Hani's and puts his arm over her shoulder for the pic at the last minute. So have you watched the kiss scene yet or not? Funnily, she daydreams a lot but her daydream sort of comes true if I remember well.

Also I used to love her father's noodle restaurant, it was once of the culture shocks I got from the show. Didn't know there were so many types of noodles. They only ones I knew before were the ones for noodle soup, lol.

And his little brother, he is like the radar for important Hani-SeungJo moments.

Yes I just saw the kiss scene now. That was crazy. I'm about to start episode 7. Can't believe they are already in College. Thought they would stretch out High School longer than that. And it looks like Hani has new rival. The way they locked eyes at the end of the episode.

Yes his noodle place is making me want to get noodles everytime.

• Yes I just saw the kiss scene now. That was crazy. I'm about to start episode 7. Can't believe they are already in College. Thought they would stretch out High School longer than that. And it looks like Hani has new rival. The way they locked eyes at the end of the episode.

Yes his noodle place is making me want to get noodles everytime.

Oh yes, is it Lee Si Young? Prepare for some funny antics. And yes the drama goes up to college (the anime goes up to working life and more).

• Oh yes, is it Lee Si Young? Prepare for some funny antics. And yes the drama goes up to college (the anime goes up to working life and more).

Lee Si Young? Is that the actress that's playing Hera? I actually kind of like her so far. And I swear if Yoona and Hyomin had a baby she would look exactly like her.

It's soo cool that I have someone to discuss this show with while I watch it. Thank you soshilovelife :)

• Lee Si Young? Is that the actress that's playing Hera? I actually kind of like her so far. And I swear if Yoona and Hyomin had a baby she would look exactly like her.

It's soo cool that I have someone to discuss this show with while I watch it. Thank you soshilovelife :)

Yes she kind of looks like them. I love how there is electricity whenever she and Oh Ha Ni lock eyes (or is it thunder sounds, I don't remember right now, lol).

Anytime! It's great to talk about it with someone who is discovering the story and likes it so far.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!