There's something really sus happening with my social media accounts.

• So I logged into fb for nostalgia sake and when I do I never even like stuff people posted on my wall cuz I don't wanna look active and I always check before deactivating if I've accidentally liked something and In my activity log I realised there were a bunch of pages that were followed a week ago. All sappy stuff and some cafe I've never heard of.

A few days back my SoundCloud account mailed me with a password reset link out of the blue.

I'm wondering is this bots? Like they do those paid likes and followings from real accounts right? Mines mostly inactive so ig they thought I wouldn't notice? I mean as long as they ain't liking baekbama fanfiction im fine ig but my parents and sibling will kill me if they know I'm active on social media so this is kinda harming me a bit. Is there anyway to stop or check who or what this is...

Desbundar

• So your fb page followed more pages without you doing so and your sound cloud sent a rest link?

I think your accounts are compromised. FB sounds like someone has access to your account and your sound cloud sounds like either it’s a legit email because someon attempted to brute force your password or you’re getting phished to follow a fake link and input your real details. Change your passwords ASAP for those sites and any service like email that is connected to them.

• change all of your passwords at once

run a diagnosis to make sure PC is not plagued

install a VPN and and do 2 factor identification

I would be freaking out if that happened to me

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So your fb page followed more pages without you doing so and your sound cloud sent a rest link?

I think your accounts are compromised. FB sounds like someone has access to your account and your sound cloud sounds like either it’s a legit email because someon tried to brute force a hack or you’re getting phised to follow a fake link and input your real details. Change your passwords ASAP

Thank you! The fb one I've been locked out of the mail I made that account with for years. I found an IP address of the login on the day those pages were followed/liked on fb but when I compare it to my current login it just shows the same city. That city is like 6 hours away from my location. So I doubt if it's accurate.

The SoundCloud one I registered with my mail address that has my full name. I did it recently too and didnt tell anyone about it yet. So that ones a lil concerning. Thank god I didn't click on the link!

You can check if your email was in a data breach here

Wah that site is cool! my mail is surprisingly not in a data breach! Tysm!!

Tysm! I've heard of VPN but I'm not sure what it is...will people see my data? do I have to pay for it??

• Thank you! The fb one I've been locked out of the mail I made that account with for years. I found an IP address of the login on the day those pages were followed/liked on fb but when I compare it to my current login it just shows the same city. That city is like 6 hours away from my location. So I doubt if it's accurate.

The SoundCloud one I registered with my mail address that has my full name. I did it recently too and didnt tell anyone about it yet. So that ones a lil concerning. Thank god I didn't click on the link!

Wah that site is cool! my mail is surprisingly not in a data breach! Tysm!!

Ah I have the same password for most sites unless they ask for a strong one. I'll have to change them. Tysm! I've heard of VPN but I'm not sure what it is...will people see my data? do I have to pay for it??

There are free VPNs! You can get them as extensions for your browsers or sth that protects the whole PC

The one I use is like 3 bucks a month and the whole family can use it so

A good basic intro to VPN and why it can help to protect you

What is VPN? How It Works, Types of VPN
    A VPN encrypts and anonymizes your data traffic online. But how secure is a VPN connection and how do you set it up?
    www.kaspersky.com

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Also never tell people you use the same pass for everything!!! specially not online

edit/delete that comment and Ill do the same to mine after u see this

• So I logged into fb for nostalgia sake and when I do I never even like stuff people posted on my wall cuz I don't wanna look active and I always check before deactivating if I've accidentally liked something and In my activity log I realised there were a bunch of pages that were followed a week ago. All sappy stuff and some cafe I've never heard of.

A few days back my SoundCloud account mailed me with a password reset link out of the blue.

I'm wondering is this bots? Like they do those paid likes and followings from real accounts right? Mines mostly inactive so ig they thought I wouldn't notice? I mean as long as they ain't liking baekbama fanfiction im fine ig but my parents and sibling will kill me if they know I'm active on social media so this is kinda harming me a bit. Is there anyway to stop or check who or what this is...

Do not ever use the same email/password combination for anything.

Always use strong passwords.

Get a password vault app, I use 1password and Nord VPN.

• Thank you! The fb one I've been locked out of the mail I made that account with for years. I found an IP address of the login on the day those pages were followed/liked on fb but when I compare it to my current login it just shows the same city. That city is like 6 hours away from my location. So I doubt if it's accurate.

Ah I have the same password for most sites unless they ask for a strong one. I'll have to change them. Tysm! I've heard of VPN but I'm not sure what it is...will people see my data? do I have to pay for it??

Also to add of you have a lot of passwords but hate having to remember then get a Password Manager. They are websites/apps that store lots of your passwords and automatically log you in on sites using an extension. You only need 1 master password too remember. Apple has a built in version called keypass, Samsung phones have built in Samsung pass

You can find various ones like lastpass, roboform, dashlane etc for your computer and all mobiles. Find one you like with a good price.

• Never had this before, except some years ago I followed someone on Twitter and forgot about it since this person stoped using their account and right as they decided to go back into Twitter I forgot who they even are since that artist than changed their username on Twitter and I thought since when I follow that account and only as I saw he was like the first one I realised who that was lol

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!