Fear people that say “I miss when kpop wasn’t popular”

• The solely reason of that weird ass type of comments are tOxIc kPoP FaNs 🥴

“Now kpop is all about popularity and charts” well duh go look at western stans in genres such as pop and hip hop. Recently Drake vs Kanye West on billboard charts and streaming records.

My point is the bigger something gets BAD and GOOD stuff will come naturally and let’s not pretend like back in the days Kpop stans weren’t toxic as well! the only difference is Social Media wasn’t as big as now.

Kpop stans back then were having physical sales, actually ruining kpop idols career, giving black oceans at award shows and booing performances.

Some also point out music but that is so subjective, so many prefer kpop music now others back then and that’s totally fine because everybody have their own taste.

• I prefer kpop when it was niche and the zeitgeist was on Asia.

2nd generation was the perfect storm to me that balanced a measure of international accessibility but was still insular enough it felt more differentiated.

But I'm not toxic about it.

No one needs to fear me. I'm just a happy Tzuyu Fanboy who misses the old times.

^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!