How many YT views must a group have to become profitable?

• If a group release a MV without ads, how much views must the group gain for it to be profitable for the group and their company? Over 100 million?

• Depends on how much money the company spent on the comeback and how much they are relying solely on YouTube ads to generate the income (vs. other methods such as album sales, digital sales, streaming, merchandise, concert tickets, etc.)

But I suspect you knew that.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Depends on how much money the company spent on the comeback and how much they are relying solely on YouTube ads to generate the income (vs. other methods such as album sales, digital sales, streaming, merchandise, concert tickets, etc.)

But I suspect you knew that.

Ehm no I don't. Never done research on album sales and that. I'm kinda clueless in that department :-P

• BTS/BP level views lol.

But you do get some money. I think the views to dollars is like this.

1 million- Around 1,000 USD

10 million-Around 10,000 USD

100 million-Around 100,000 USD

1 billion-Around 1,000,000 USD

But the money you earn can fluctuate. For example, for 1 million views you may get $900. But you may also get $3,000. So it depends but it is around that range.

• Exactly BUT this is from Adsense. This is the money you make off of having ads featured in your video. They don't actually pay you just because you have this amount of views.

Idk if you've noticed but if you've ever watched a YouTuber with less than 1000 subscribers, you don't get ads because they aren't monetizing through ads.

In order for someone to successfully have a channel as a part-time job, you'd have to have about 500,000 subscribers.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Exactly BUT this is from Adsense. This is the money you make off of having ads featured in your video. They don't actually pay you just because you have this amount of views.

Idk if you've noticed but if you've ever watched a YouTuber with less than 1000 subscribers, you don't get ads because they aren't monetizing through ads.

In order for someone to successfully have a channel as a part-time job, you'd have to have about 500,000 subscribers.

This too!

• I think you can get alot more depending on sponsors and ads etc..

• A lot. YouTube has the worst pay per stream because of the extremely high ratio of ad-supported users. Out of the 2.3+ billion users, only 50 million (2%) are premium. It gets even worse when you consider the ratio of people using adblock.

People complain streaming is killing the music industry, but it's actually YouTube.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!