Thoughts on Weverse

• Out of everything HYBE has been doing Weverse has the most potential, I could even see it become a major platform that's worth several times its current value. but I'm not sure if it will get there looking at how it's been managed up until this point.

We all know the main reason this platform even became relevant was because of BTS, they're also driving most of the growth in its userbase. It has been less so lately with all of the other artists HYBE has added to the platform, especially BP which I would expect will bring in a ton of users.

But at the end of the day, whether it's BTS, BP, TXT, SVT or even Ariana/Justin in the future none of them just sat down and chose to join Weverse because it's the new hot social media platform, they did it because it was either to their direct financial benefit or because their label has some sort of relationship with HYBE. Which is all well in good if you use that to jumpstart the platform but it's not the best thing if that's the primary way in which your platform is bringing new artists in.

They have to make the platform appealing enough for all artists to want to join. Right now it just seems like HYBE picks who joins their platform based on who they have a deal with, they're acting as if they have all the time in the world to slowly roll this out as if Weverse has not been out for over 2 years.

They also need to add a substantial amount of features because right now there is barely any reason for people to spend a lot of time on it, when the main goal of a social media platform is to keep the users on for as long as possible. I've also seen people complain about how difficult it is to use for new users.

Like I said, Weverse could become a massive social media platform where every artist(beyond kpop) has an account and a community on, but if it keeps being mishandled it could sink any day. What are your thoughts ?

• Official Post

I uninstalled it a long time ago cause I would just get a mass of notifications at once and when I did manage to get notifications on time the translations were always overloaded and I couldn't see them. I just follow translation accounts on Twitter.

• weverse is the most mismanaged app I've ever seen LMAO fans have lists of people to mass report for disagreeing opinions and hybe doesn't bother to actually check anything and just bans users left and right

if you want to use weverse you have to put yourself in the shoes of the braindead 5 year old fans running it

So sort of like this place?

• I like the more direct communication between artists and fans and the integration with weverse shop is promising. Often feels like it's still in beta though, which is probably kinda true since they seem to be building it from scratch. They do have a lot more planned for the platform so I think it has potential. Users are kinda bad at following the rules sometimes though and it could use some manual moderation, IMO. Fortunately, reporting posts is easy and there's a low threshold for the posts being removed so community moderation works pretty ok half the time.

• I feel like Weverse is more a user friendly fan cafe. And for newbies, you have to try out the fan cafes first and then compare to Weverse lol.

I don’t think you can compare it to vlive yet because initially it wasn’t set that way. But probably they will go towards that directions since they are merging with vlive. So let’s wait and see their development.

Having said that, I only used Weverse to directly communicate/see BTS members communicating/playing games etc with fans.. and it’s way easier to understand compared to fan cafe.. For fan cafe it was in Korean and even to use it you need to answer crazy ass questions and you have levels and such.

Didn’t know it became toxic now. Then probably they should have some questions that only fans know of before letting people join the respective Weverse?

• Weverse it’s different from Vlive. I never used it for communicating with the fans because whenever I looked the posts looked like they were written by 5 year old. These days the posts are better but when I joined it was mostly… Jimin step on me!!!! V choke mee!

I use it to watch the variety show videos what’s there, the members posts and answers… which is in Korean… so I have to check the Twitter translation for it anyway.

• You can post on a group area and hope your group sees it…

And once in a while the group members answers a few posts but mostly they just post or react to each others posts.

If the idol post they’ ll have 10-20k posts like: I love u Jimmin, Say hi RM or “I love you Rose.

I just joined but it doesnt seem worth it.

🤦🏼‍♀️

• Lol

Just hang in there. It also depends on how busy also the artist personality.

Like I mostly check txt and the members takes turn almost every day to answer questions. Taehyun and Beomgyu like to roast moas. One of the funniest message was when Beomgyu was complaining about his bear emoji character wearing a leopard print underwear in the new album stickers. He went on a rant on why he didn’t get a cool hat or choker like the others…

:cryingr:

Yeonjun usually flirts a bit but we suspect he must have been a bit drunk last week because he gained three girlfriend from Moa’s (for 10 second… there was a countdown lmao)

When his AOTM was out he posted a picture saying Moas gather here and he was hanging out with them chatting and doing the countdown together.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!