YG Producer Teddy and SM Producer Yoo Young Jin are listed on US Billboard's '50 Greatest Producers of the 21st Century'

• On July 29th, 'The 50 Greatest Producers of the 21st Century' was posted on U.S. Billboard's website. Here, YG Entertainment's producer Teddy and SM Entertainment's producer Yoo Young Jin ranked 25th and 39th, respectively.

In their recent article, Billboard selected the fifty most innovative, influential, and important producers of the 21st century. Teddy was ranked #25, and was praised for his signature sounds in EDM and hip hop, which also "dabbled as far as reggae and country". 2NE1's "I Am the Best" was listed as Teddy's defining work, and G-Dragon's song “Niliria” (2013), featuring Missy Elliott, was chosen as Teddy's 'hidden gem' song.

Yoo Young Jin was ranked #39, as Billboard praised him for his "blaring keys and insistent dance beats" signature sound. Billboard reviewers chose Super Junior's "Sorry Sorry" as Yoo Young Jin's defining work, and Red Velvet's "Butterflies" as his 'hidden gem' song.

• I have my own hatred of billboards music criticism(mainly how they are probably the music publication that is most obessed with charts) but honestly YYJ and Teddy are two of the best pop producers on that list. Like how on earth did Benny Blanco get on there his songs are bland and uninteresting even if they do well chart wise. Considering how much western pop is dominated by Max Martin produced songs he was an expected number one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!