2015-2016 MAMAMOO delivered by far the best stage pressence the industry has ever seen

• Here to defend my case:

- They made ad libs a thing, proving you could still sing completely live in the golden age of lipsync in KPOP

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- They are THE only kpop group to have a successful performance at Blue Dragon awards. Not even TVXQ, SNSD or Wonder Girls could do it with their massive hits.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- First (and maybe only?) kpop group to win an entire Immortal Song episode. Periodt.

- Remember that time they, as rookies, made me feel like AOA, Sistar and Nine Muses were only juniors for them? Yeah, I remember that too.

External Content youtu.be

- But most importantly, they delivered versatility. No matter if it's a ballad, a hip hop beat or a retro song. They still slayed:

Yep. That's the tea.

The only reason why I would put Big Bang above them is because they had waaaay more budget and resources to make iconic performances. But Mamamoo did all that as rookies with no backup dancers and basic outfits. Talent wins :pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

:pepelove2:

• My personal favorite

• They weren't the first, or the only, idol group to win at Immortal Songs (though they were the first girl group). However, they were the idol group (boy or girl) that won the most. Three-time winners, y'all. Backwoods, Wonderful Confession, and The Dance in the Rhythm - three completely different styles of songs. (And honestly, I thought they should have won for Wait a Minute too... but that was literally their first appearance, in their rookie year, and nobody knew them.) And I think they also hold the record for most appearances on the show among idol groups. Something like 14 appearances? Most idol groups barely get one or two.

• They weren't the first, or the only, idol group to win at Immortal Songs (though they were the first girl group). However, they were the idol group (boy or girl) that won the most. Three-time winners, y'all. Backwoods, Wonderful Confession, and The Dance in the Rhythm - three completely different styles of songs. (And honestly, I thought they should have won for Wait a Minute too... but that was literally their first appearance, in their rookie year, and nobody knew them.) And I think they also hold the record for most appearances on the show among idol groups. Something like 14 appearances? Most idol groups barely get one or two.

They were the first kpop group to win a whole episode. No idea if there's another one after them. Maybe Seventeen?

• They were the first kpop group to win a whole episode. No idea if there's another one after them. Maybe Seventeen?

Nah, there were a couple of boy groups that won entire episodes before them (B1A4 in 2012, Ze:A in 2014, for example)... but they were the first girl group. And still the only girl group, as far as I know. BtoB, Seventeen, Ateez and arguably K-Tigers all have won episodes after MAMAMOO, yes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!