Is YOUTUBE becoming less relevant ??

• I don't know about relevency...

But I prefer Spotify more than Youtube...

I am a person who love to listen music during long journey, doing math, doing my practical sheets. And Youtube can't give me that pleasure. Even while typing this message, I am listening Spring Day on spotify.

And according to data, Spotify is "The biggest Music Streaming platform of the world".

I am really Happy that BTS gonna have their 1st 1billion spotify plaque soon as 1st South Korean act to do so. Early congrats for it. :groovins:

• I stream on spotify more than youtube but youtube is still #1 in most cases

on spotify you can leave a song on loop and even that would count as streams.. its easier to gain numbers there and spotify also has better sound quality so it's preferable to many people

but comparing data for dyna and dna makes no sense, ythe era and situations both were released under is very different

spotify has gained more asian listeners in the recent years itself before that youtube was way more used...

and dyna is a song with global recognition as compared to dna so ofc the numbers would have huge difference but dna has more views cause its years older than dyna.. dyna would surpass it in yt views soon too and in way less time than it took dna to get to that view number

• for the dna and dynamite contrast, i think just expansion of spotify in more countries post DNA yoy. also, dynamite is really really massive. butter is 400m spotify and 460m youtube. as sample, butter might close the gap in the future since most will stream in spotify and more spotify expansion in the long run.

• Spotify's streams generate more revenue for the artists. for 4B streams in 2021, BTS (the whole team) could generate US$ 12-16 Mill. I guess for YT it might be 1/3 of the spotify revenue.

• Official Post

Most people don't use YouTube to stream music though... unless you're using YouTube music, but then that wouldn't be streaming the MV.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!