YG, Naver and Big Hit to partner in building SFX, VFX studios and Concert Hall & Cultural Park

• 20210129122652852845.jpg

Big Hit, Naver, and YG Entertainment will invest 70 billion won in Sangok-dong complex cultural convergence complex in Uijeong-si, Gyeonggi-do to build a concert hall with special effects studios.

YG Entertainment recently purchased 22,000m2 of land for tourism facilities in the complex with Uijeongbu Rhythm City Co., Ltd., a complex cultural fusion complex developer.

Big Hit, Naver, and YG are studios that can create performance contents here using special video effects (SFX) and special visual effects (VFX), and transmit them in real time through video-based social network services (SNS) such as YouTube. It is known that they are going to build.

Source

It was reported 2 weeks ago YG and Naver created a new real estate development company.

0000032747_001_20210106183956934.jpg?type=w430

"YN Culture & Space" The Y standing for YG and the N for Naver. It is said that it will be for performance and entertainment venues. Here's the stated purpose ...

The purpose of the project is △Housing construction business and land development business △Real estate development business and real estate rental business △Sales and sales agency business △Real estate and real estate development business related consulting business △Studio rental and rental business △Performance planning and production work △Performance hall operation and operation agency △ It is listed on the corporate registration as a host of various events and cultural projects, sponsorship and event agency business, and entertainment related business.

YG & Naver Real Estate

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Blue2012

Changed the title of the thread from “YG, Naver and Big Hit to partner in building SFX, VFX studio and Concert Hall” to “YG, Naver and Big Hit to partner in building SFX, VFX studios and Concert Hall & Cultural Park”.
  • I told you all this was not just YG plus but a strategic partnership between YGE and BH entertainment. No one throws words like strategic partnership lightly, this is just the beginning as they mentioned they will be collaborating in more investments in the future. Naver brought them together.

• I told you all this was not just YG plus but a strategic partnership between YGE and BH entertainment. No one throws words like strategic partnership lightly, this is just the beginning as they mentioned they will be collaborating in more investments in the future. Naver brought them together.

Yeah, Naver is definitely the main player that made this happen. They are the common point in both with Naver being an investor for both BH's subsidiary beNX (cause of the whole vlive thing) and YG Ent.

• And some people (especially in twitter and reddit) thought that Big Hit was buying YG lol

The main player here is Naver. YG has been linked with Naver for years and now seems like Naver got through to Big Hit as well especially with that 49% share in Weverse. Naver is the head boss in charge

• And some people (especially in twitter and reddit) thought that Big Hit was buying YG lol

The main player here is Naver. YG has been linked with Naver for years and now seems like Naver got through to Big Hit as well especially with that 49% share in Weverse. Naver is the head boss in charge

It's more of a strategic partnership. Naver invested in YG 4 years ago, owns VIBE with YGPlus and now has a real estate development company with YG.

Now they've bought into partnerships with Big Hit.

Naver is just being smart here. They want to partner with who they see the most promise in and who can help them expand globally.

YG has been diversifying its business for years and now BH is.

It's not Naver trying to take over, but it doesn't stop uninformed people making conspiracy theories and try to make it seem like that, like of course they'll draw crazy conclusions about the Naver founder's son being a YG/TBL artist. But they all 3 enter into it because they see a benefit.

This seems like a transformative partnership that seems like it will be a huge monolith and pretty daunting for anyone that's going up against it or not a part of it. It seems like there's going to be huge announcements and projects in the future.

Also I don't expect Twitter to understand what a subsidiary is, much less understand what happened with YGPlus.

Big Hit and its subsidiary paid YGE $35 million for its stock in YGPlus. YG is still majority stakeholder in YGPlus.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• BH also has ties with CJ though. BELIFT Lab (Enhypen's Label) is a combined label with BH and CJ. :D

this could mean 2 things. BH is just tapping their fingers in all competitors or they’re just slowly breaking ties with CJ.

Also, if you look at it. Enhypen is just a new boy group who hasn’t left a mark yet. If BH lose Enhypen they can just make another one

• BH also has ties with CJ though. BELIFT Lab (Enhypen's Label) is a combined label with BH and CJ. :D

This is more investing into infrastructure though which is a more massive scale than forming a joint label, with weverse and vlive integrating, its like naver is the middleman making this happen so they can expand more in the korean/global industry & making money together as partners. I might be wrong as it might just be these companies working together to make more money.

• Yep I did not say this was not smart. I just think Naver is basically the gear that moves this partnership and one way or another ties BH and YG into this. Hence why they're the main factor. And of course YG and BH aren't stupid, they want to join because they see a benefit, which is already quite apparent.

The whole uproar on twitter is how much this will change the tip of the iceberg (aka the acts and idols themselves)? But all in all, not much I think. I don't see them suddenly interacting with one another, or having collaborations or sharing spaces.

• Yep I did not say this was not smart. I just think Naver is basically the gear that moves this partnership and one way or another ties BH and YG into this. Hence why they're the main factor. And of course YG and BH aren't stupid, they want to join because they see a benefit, which is already quite apparent.

The whole uproar on twitter is how much this will change the tip of the iceberg (aka the acts and idols themselves)? But all in all, not much I think. I don't see them suddenly interacting with one another, or having collaborations or sharing spaces.

Yeah i don't see the point of the uproar, even in YG itself, its rare idols have a joint collaboration with each other, this is just partnership for business and expanding each company's infrastructure and assets. It will benefit every current & future artists in the companies having a bigger userbase within weverse & a new concert hall for both companies to use.

• Yeah i don't see the point of the uproar, even in YG itself, its rare idols have a joint collaboration with each other, this is just partnership for business and expanding each company's infrastructure and assets. It will benefit every current & future artists in the companies having a bigger userbase within weverse & a new concert hall for both companies to use.

Exactly, this investment is like for a couple of years ahead. I saw some YG stans wanting YHS back because of this news and I was like facepalming myself. Don't they realise that this investment is still a non profiting area? That with Big Hit on board, potentially YG and Naver will spend less money to bring this infrastructure to fruition. And that money could go to other areas that can help their acts or establish new investments.

• This is supposed to be built at the end of this year.

YG Family

1080x360

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!