TikTok should be banned..

• I believe TikTok should be banned..

It's unnecessary and it's ability to harm is underestimated.

What do you think? selfmate

"When I am silent I fall into the place where everything is melody.."

• I dont use it but its fun and entertaining site fr some people so why should it be banned?

I understand it is entertaining. However, it is harmful because you one needs to keep scrolling and scrolling up to watch the next video which is causing you harm. You can develop an association in your brain which tells your brain that it is making you happy. The effect is that you forget about your surroundings, the people close to you and your progress is hindered as you fall into an addiction.

• I don't think it deserves to be banned. Sure there are some stupid challenges and people could get hurt, offended or simply lose brain cells from watching the videos, and it can be annoying...but it is a platform for viewers and creators to enjoy.

I beg to differ, it should be banned as it designed to cause the user to scroll upwards (similar to Instagram) resulting in an dopamine related association and therefore addictive behaviour

• I beg to differ, it should be banned as it designed to cause the user to scroll upwards (similar to Instagram) resulting in an dopamine association and therefore addictive behaviour

Oh yeah, that's true. I've noticed how a lot of social media has done that. I don't think it's a reason for banning though...that feature is highly addictive though. And YouTube does it now too and I'm like... 8|

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Oh yeah, that's true. I've noticed how a lot of social media has done that. I don't think it's a reason for banning though...that feature is highly addictive though. And YouTube does it now too and I'm like... 8|

I beg to differ. I think it's a valid reason to ban it.

• In this case, than why don't we bann Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook,... and many more too?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I understand it is entertaining. However, it is harmful because you one needs to keep scrolling and scrolling up to watch the next video which is causing you harm. You can develop an association in your brain which tells your brain that it is making you happy. The effect is that you forget about your surroundings, the people close to you and your progress is hindered as you fall into an addiction.

The same could be said about AKP, Youtube, Instagram, etc.

• Cause - Scrolling function on TikTok (and Instagram)

Effect - Addiction and Anti-social behaviour, petty behaviour, lack of self-care or self-awareness

• I understand it is entertaining. However, it is harmful because you one needs to keep scrolling and scrolling up to watch the next video which is causing you harm. You can develop an association in your brain which tells your brain that it is making you happy. The effect is that you forget about your surroundings, the people close to you and your progress is hindered as you fall into an addiction.

That's not the fault of the app, that's the fault of the person. Anything in life that someone over-indulges in can have that effect, whether it's apps, or video games, or food, or other adult things. Banning the app is a short term solution to a long term problem and will just cause someone to move on to the next addictive thing.

It's a personal responsibility for someone (as long as they are adults and can make their own decisions) to avoid those things.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!