[RANT] the truth is, YOU ruined loona

• its true bbc bit off way more than they could chew with the group's pre-debut project. maybe they should have cut the group in half, maybe they should have kept consistent themes and genres across the board in their units and solos to stave off fandom disappointment.

but the truth is the reaction to hi high ruined them. the international fandom, which bbc HAD to pander to bc the group was getting little to no interest, hated hi high. they felt "deceived" that loona debuted with a "cute" concept despite the first unit of the group literally being a cute concept and the third unit also being a more light concept. the group had also already shown they might delve into dual concept territory with their pre-release of the time but that wasnt enough for some people.

bbc' subsequent damage control of distancing loona from their "cute" origins was fine at first. butterfly was a great song that still showcased their musical origins imo.

but then, girl crush attacked. and loona has never been the same.

this is no offense to people that actually like their titles but its just disappointing to me that a group that had so much musical potential threw it all away bc ifans hate cute concepts. then everyone says they actually hate girl crush but cute concepts get marginally less support these days so what do you expect. the market becomes more saturated with what is actually selling.

who's your favorite artist?

Edited once, last by aclassyteaparty ().

• I didnt know all this backstory. I just remember listening to their songs before So What and not really feeling much, they seemed kinda forgettable.

I just relistened to them, the only one that stood out was Hi High i might have to give it another chance. After Twice and now Izone, i'm more openminded towards cutesy concepts.

Ultimately though, instead of fan antipathy towards Hi High, maybe it was the girls themselves that didnt like the cutesy concept? I remember reading that the members dont like doing all the aegyo stuff. Maybe the girls have more fun with edgier and more musically aggressive songs like So What, Why Not and PTT?

• Maybe fans were the enablers, but what ruined loona was lee soo man after the man saw loona dance to cherry bomb lol. The problem is the girls could dance well, but not all of them could actually embody that hard bad bitch concept convincingly as performers, hence the jarring result. Plus the nct print on the music was apparent and well it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

Also the personnel behind all of loona’s releases prior to so what left the company and brought all his projects with him, leaving bbc scrambling to fill their creative hole. You said it yourself, butterfly is proof that despite the strong backlash against hi high, bbc could still come up with sth that’s different from that concept while also not so unsuitable for loona, unlike so what. Too bad that director was gone :confused:

• Maybe fans were the enablers, but what ruined loona was lee soo man after the man saw loona dance to cherry bomb lol. The problem is the girls could dance well, but not all of them could actually embody that hard bad bitch concept convincingly as performers, hence the jarring result. Plus the nct print on the music was apparent and well it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

Also the personnel behind all of loona’s releases prior to so what left the company and brought all his projects with him, leaving bbc scrambling to fill their creative hole. You said it yourself, butterfly is proof that despite the strong backlash against hi high, bbc could still come up with sth that’s different from that concept while also not so unsuitable for loona, unlike so what. Too bad that director was gone :confused:

Frankly most of LOONA fit a izone-like concept much more. Imo only Olivia fit this concept(and oh, she fits it sooooo well that I am not even upset about PTT)

• Frankly most of LOONA fit a izone-like concept much more. Imo only Olivia fit this concept(and oh, she fits it sooooo well that I am not even upset about PTT)

i agree. Olivia is definitely the standout since the concept change, similar to how she was at the centre of loona going viral for that cherry bomb clip. And loona as a group would certainly fit izone’s concept more than nct’s. Like i said, blame lsm lol. He was like a bandwagon stan and after awhile got bored and moved onto a new fad but not before the damage was already done :pepe-cut:

• butterfly is their most acclaimed title track and most viewed MV so I don’t see how their current concept is justified based on reception from fans

• You what?

Anyways stream and enjoy PTT

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!