ORICON 2021 Mid-year (SVT, BTS, NCT, ENHYPEN and more)

• Oricon release their mid-year chart

Higher income acts:

1. Snow Man
    2. Nogizaka46
    3. BTS
    4. King & Prince
    5. SixTONES

Singles (Physical):

1. Snow Man - Grandeur (951,555)
    2. Nogizaka46 - Boku wa Boku o Suki ni Naru (714,554)
    3. King & Prince - I Promise (611,818)
    4. Nogizaka46 - Gomen ne Fingers Crossed (589,751)
    5. Hinatazaka46 - Kimi Shika Katan (527,948)
    6. King & Prince - Magic Touch/Beating Hearts (492,770)
    7. SixTONES - Boku ga boku janai mitaida (489,816)
    8. Seventeen - Hitori Janai (419,097)
    9. Sakurazaka46 - Ban (418,862)
    10. NiziU - Take a picture/Poppin’ Shakin’ (365,083)
    11. JO1 - CHALLENGER(Born To Be Wild) (298,620)
    12. SKE48 - Koiochi Flag (267,089)
    13. KAT-TUN - Roar (266,320)
    14. Kis-My-Ft2 - Luv Bias (253,387)
    15. Johnny's WEST - Shuukan Umaku Iku Youbi (243,877)
    16. Kanjani8 - Kimi to Mitai Sekai (238,169)
    17. Johnny's WEST - Something New (235,648)
    18. STU48 - Hitorigoto de Kataru Kurainara (230,823)
    19. Hey! Say! JUMP - Negative Fighter (228,173)
    20. NEWS - Beautiful / Chinchaumakka / Canaria (193,528)
    21. Sexy Zone - LET'S MUSIC (187,613)
    22. HKT48 - Kimi to Doko ka e Ikita (155,990)
    23. V6 - Bokura wa Mada/MAGIC CARPET RIDE (133,063)
    24. Morning Musume 20 - Junjou Evidence / Gyuusaretai Dake na no ni (119,072)
    25. TWICE - Kura Kura (93,368)

Combined Singles (Points):

1. Snow Man - Grandeur (1,019,433)
    2. NiziU - Take a picture / Poppin’ Shakin’ (898,189)
    3. Yuuri - Dry Flower (875,494)
    4. YOASOBI - Yasashii Suisei (875,149)
    5. Nogizaka46 - Boku wa Boku o Suki ni Naru (822,947)
    6. BTS - Dynamite (822,929)
    7. YOASOBI - Yoru ni Kakeru (819,669)
    8. NiziU - Step and a step (747,612)
    9. Ado - Useewa (741,579)
    10. LiSA - Homura (652,109)

Albums physical:

1. SixTONES - 1ST (571,143)
    2. Hey! Say! JUMP - Fab! -Music speaks.- (267,430)
    3. Johnny's WEST - rainboW (257,776)
    4. BTS - BE (224,003)
    5. Sexy Zone - SZ10TH (210,763)
    6. NCT 127 - LOVEHOLIC (156,341)
    7. Hikaru Utada - One Last Kiss (150,717)
    8. Kinki Kids - O Album (147,777)
    9. YOASOBI - THE BOOK (122,384)
    10. Fling Posse,MAD TRIGGER CREW - ヒプノシスマイク -Division Rap Battle- 2nd D.R.B『Fling Posse VS MAD TRIGGER CREW』(118,753)
    11. Colon - Aster (114,773)
    12. Bad Ass Temple,麻天狼 - ヒプノシスマイク -Division Rap Battle- 2nd D.R.B『Bad Ass Temple VS 麻天狼』(112,539)
    13. ENHYPEN - BORDER:CARNIVAL (110,923)
    14. SEKAI NO OWARI - SEKAI NO OWARI 2010-2019 (110,491)
    15. Koichi Domoto - PLAYFUL (110,047)
    16. TXT - STILL DREAMING (107,712)
    17. どついたれ本舗,Buster Bros!!! - ヒプノシスマイク -Division Rap Battle- 2nd D.R.B『どついたれ本舗 VS Buster Bros!!!』 (100,323)
    18. TXT - The Chaos Chapter:FREEZE (85,266)
    19. Yonezu Kenshi - STRAY SHEEP (79,865)
    20. ARASHI - This is ARASHI (77,747)

Album combined:

1. SixTONES - 1ST (571,143)
    2. YOASOBI - THE BOOK (343,821)
    3. BTS - BE (316,210)
    4. Hey! Say! JUMP - Fab! -Music speaks.- (267,430)
    5. Johnny's WEST - rainboW (257,776)
    6. Hikaru Utada - One Last Kiss (226,566)
    7. Yonezu Kenshi - STRAY SHEEP (211,644)
    8. Sexy Zone - SZ10TH (210,763)
    9. NCT 127 - LOVEHOLIC (164,751)
    10. Kinki Kids - O Album (147,777)

Source:

https://www.oricon.co.jp/special/56624/

Edited once, last by auspop ().

• I wonder how much Snow Man's album and Kinpuri's new album will sell :eyes:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I wonder how much Snow Man's album and Kinpuri's new album will sell :eyes:

Snow Man probably will have the best selling album of the year, Johnny's are playing with the hype of fans. Fans have been waiting for the album for months, and it will probably be out in october.

And the Kinpuri album will be out in mid-July, the sales will depend on what they do during the Olympics, if they promote there it will probably sell more than 750k, if they don't, it will sell between 650-700k.

• Snow Man probably will have the best selling album of the year, Johnny's are playing with the hype of fans. Fans have been waiting for the album for months, and it will probably be out in october.

And the Kinpuri album will be out in mid-July, the sales will depend on what they do during the Olympics, if they promote there it will probably sell more than 750k, if they don't, it will sell between 650-700k.

I remember us having a discussion about this a little while ago lol

Do you really Snow Man can outsell THE BEST when it's gonna surpass 900k soon and has the potential to hit 1M by the end of the year ?

• I remember us having a discussion about this a little while ago lol

Do you really Snow Man can outsell THE BEST when it's gonna surpass 900k soon and has the potential to hit 1M by the end of the year ?

yes, probably snow man will appear at the opening / closing ceremony of the olympic games, that will help his promotion, and Johnny's idols always sell more albums than singles.

Still, I think the two albums will sell over a million

• Here is the best selling album in Japan for the year till date. BTS kings of Japan, like they are in the rest of the world :pepe-toast:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Here is the best selling album in Japan for the year till date. BTS kings of Japan, like they are in the rest of the world :pepe-toast:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

yep, right now it's the best selling album of the year, we'll have to wait until the end of December to see its final rank

• yes, probably snow man will appear at the opening / closing ceremony of the olympic games, that will help his promotion, and Johnny's idols always sell more albums than singles.

Still, I think the two albums will sell over a million

We'll see how Snow Man's sells at the end of the year.

But seeing the sales of THE BEST, wouldn't you agree that at this point the poll from last time doesn't do them justice because it's too broad ? Even if Snow Man sells 1,1M for example and THE BEST sells 1M. the point would still stand.

• We'll see how Snow Man's sells at the end of the year.

But seeing the sales of THE BEST, wouldn't you agree that at this point the poll from last time doesn't do them justice because it's too broad ? Even if Snow Man sells 1,1M for example and THE BEST sells 1M. the point would still stand.

maybe XD.

In the jpop fandom we believe that the Japanese industry is already a niche industry, and idols (heh, kpop, etc.) are condemned to be, there is no longer any act that is dominant at the national level, and it is so for absolutely everyone the artists.

If snow man or bts sell a million, people are not interested haha, think that people did not care much about the sales of yonezu kenshi last year, ok it was on tv for a few minutes, but it was just that

Edited once, last by auspop ().

• maybe XD.

In the jpop fandom we believe that the Japanese industry is already a niche industry, and idols (heh, kpop, etc.) are condemned to be, there is no longer any act that is dominant at the national level, and it is so for absolutely everyone the artists.

If snow man or bts sell a million, people are not interested haha, think that people did not care much about the sales of yonezu kenshi last year, ok it was on tv for a few minutes, but it was just that

lol but again my argument was never that BTS will be more well known than any jpop act in Japan, of course Arashi and others jpop groups will have a huge edge with the older generation for the reasons you've outlined.

To reiterate my point, I said BTS does not lose to other jpop groups in popularity as far as music(and ONLY music) is concerned, if THE BEST is selling 1M showing their physical sales and they have Butter and Dynamite as massive digital hits, in this one very specific area I think they're at the top tier.

• lol but again my argument was never that BTS will be more well known than any jpop act in Japan, of course Arashi and others jpop groups will have a huge edge with the older generation for the reasons you've outlined.

To reiterate my point, I said BTS does not lose to other jpop groups in popularity as far as music(and ONLY music) is concerned, if THE BEST is selling 1M showing their physical sales and they have Butter and Dynamite as massive digital hits, in this one very specific area I think they're at the top tier.

I think that in the next rankings they will rise positions

About music, we can only compare snow man and bts for physical sales, because snow man is not available on any streaming platform, or on any download page, making other types of comparisons are only hypotheses

• I think that in the next rankings they will rise positions

About music, we can only compare snow man and bts for physical sales, because snow man is not available on any streaming platform, or on any download page, making other types of comparisons are only hypotheses

Even if we limit it to only physicals, given that you agree THE BEST will sell 1M then in the worst case scenario BTS is on the same level as Snow Man which again, proves my point.

As for digitals, SnowMan not putting their music on digital platform in and of itself proves BTS's strength given that even though so many people are listening to their songs on streaming platforms they were still able to get an album to sell 1M.

• Oricon is like genie. Gives way to much attention to physical sales which is inflated by fandoms.

This why we see 48, 46 groups topping the lists over songs like lemon, USA and homura.

• I remember us having a discussion about this a little while ago lol

Snow Man's 2 single already sold more than 1 million and another close to. There is a high expectation as this will be their first album. Also to note, BTS' album has been released in 8 versions, which should be kept in mind.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!